m16a2 is offline Senior Member

My research conclusions on DNP

I spent quite a good portion of the past week reading up on DNP and looking through the research articles on it.

What I think are the most important issues

First of all, why is this a deadly substance?

The primary reason that this drug is labeled as highly lethal is because the lethal dosage is only 4 times more than the recommended dosage. However, there are two more factors that make this drug more dangerous. First is that once you overdose, there is no explicit way to counteract the DNP and prevent death or brain damage; in other words, you will cook yourself from the inside and there's no way to stop it. Second is the stubborn half life on the DNP, 36 hours. Meaning that you won't feel the effects until about 24-48 hours after you take it. This is important because the popular belief is that if you don't feel effects, you probably didn't take enough. This is obviously not the case with DNP, and if you do take more, you have a good chance of harming or killing yourself. These are all risks that can be dealt with by being very responsible and realizing that your playing with fire. Similiar to the way that abuse/misuse of hormonal supplements can cause gynecomastia , misuse of DNP can cause death. The important difference is that you can take nolva for gyno, but you can't do a damn thing once you misuse DNP.

Why do people do DNP then?

There is no more effective fat burner available. ECA stack increases metabolism 3%, clen 8%, DNP is a controlled amount, up to 30-50%. You see results about 14 days after you start, and the cycle lasts only 8 days. You can easily loose up to a lb/fat per day, and DNP will be kind to your muscles and will burn the fat instead.

Why is DNP a commitment?

Deciding to take DNP is a big decision and you have to plan it out carefully. There are lots of rules for cycling on DNP and you have to follow them if you want to be safe while you use it. Aside from the supplements that are important, you need to change your behavior for about 10 days. Since your body heat rises over 101 degrees quite commonly, you have to avoid being in the sun. You have to stay in a cool environment, and sleep with the fan on your face. You have to drink about 1-3 gallons of water a day and make sure you eat enough of a well balanced meal. You can't engage in intensive cardio and even light cardio should be done carefully (with regards to not overheating). You have to lift lighter weights when you hit the gym. And you are going to sweat your ass off, 24 hrs/day. That means that you have to lay towels on your bed, and have a change of pillowcases. It is also recommended that you clean/change your bedsheets daily or as often as possible. Since you will be perspirating like you are running a marathon, you will soak through any clothes you have on. Sounds like fun doesn't it??? The important thing is that you keep in mind to not overheat, or become dehydrated, and realize that anyone you come in contact with will notice your condition.Therefore, if you decide to use DNP you have to commit time and effort to making sure you do so safely. If your a lazy ass who can't follow through on commitments and stick to the plan (or the doses), you should probably consider other means of burning fat.

What supplements should I take while using DNP?

There are a long list of supps that are recommended while your using DNP. The most important ones are listed on AR's educational DNP post.

COPY/PASTE

Antioxidants—one of the most effective will be the fat soluble vitamin E. I recommend 800 to 1000 iu of vitamin E per day of the cycle to combat the host of free radical damage caused by increased fat oxidation.

Glycerol—this can be important to help maintain muscle hydration and prevent catabolism. It comes in liquid and can be bought over the counter. Take 3-4 tablespoons per day.

Potassium citrate—if blood acidity becomes a problem then potassium citrate can help buffer the acid. About 2-3 grams will be very effective, but 1 gram will do the trick as well.

However, there are also other supplements that are recommended. A more comprehensive list I saw posted,

Magnesium (1500mg)*
    Vitamin C (3000mg in divided doses)*
    Vitamin E (1200 IU in divided doses)*
    Glutathione (200mg in divided doses)***)
    NAC (various amounts)**
    T3 (dose according to personal preference)**
    Calcium (2000mg not taken with the Magnesium)
    5-HTP (if not on antidepressant medication) (various amounts)****
    Meridia, Redux, or Fenfluramine (various amounts)****
    Hydroxycitric Acid (particularly in the evenings to curb cravings)****
    Pyruvate (2-6g/day in divided doses)
    Glycerol (3 tbsp/day in divided doses)
    Alpha-Lipoic Acid (500-1000mg daily in divided doses)

* - essential
    ** - recommended
    *** - probably a good idea
    **** - not needed, but you might benefit

The history of DNP abstract

DNP used to be prescribed to overweight people back in the early 1900's. The the 1920's the newly formed FDA pulled it off the market after suspecting that it might cause cataracts in women. This was later proven to be untrue, or inconclusive. Cataracts occur in 1% of people using DNP according to the statistics. Considering the dangerous nature of this substace, the FDA decided (a good idea imho) to keep it off the market. While the substace itself is not illegal to posess, it is illegal to market it for weight loss, or to consume for weight loss.

DNP dosage

Since this is obviously the most important issue when using DNP some things are worth mentioning beforehand. First of all, remember that DNP has a mean half life of 36 hours and overdose is irreversible. Overdose is only 4 times the recommended dosage. You must wait 36 hours till you feel the drug really work on your body. That means you will have taken 2 days worth of dosage without feeling the effects. KEEP THIS IN MIND when you are cycling. DNP is a very individualized drug and you must make sure that you stay on the low end of your tolerance. ONCE AGAIN, more is NOT better.

With that said... There are two different forms of DNP right now, the crystal form and the powder form. The crystal form is much more potent and you need a much smaller dosage than the powder.

Here's the suggested dosage by weight,

crystalline 2-6mg/kg-bw per day
    powdered 4-10mg/kg-bw per day

My suggestion is while you are using DNP, keep a chart or a log. Mark down the time you are taking your capsule, and remember to set an alarm for your scheduled next dosage. Plan it out very conservatively, and stick to the plan. You will get good results even if you stay on the low end of the dosing and the sides will be less.

If you weigh 220 lbs (total, not lean body mass), then you would take 200 mgs/day. That usually is one capsule of the crystalline form. Take one and then wait 24 hours and take another. Keep doing this until you feel the effects of the second one, about the 3rd-4th day. Then if you feel like your doing fine, you might be able to increment the dosage. REMEMBER, the trick is to space out the dosage. If you want to take 400 mg in a day, do them 12 hours apart from each other. Space out the doses as far as possible. This is why keeping a log and planning it out beforehand will greatly benefit you later. It might be a little extra work, but just realize the consequences and keep in mind that if you are frying yourself from the inside out, you will look back and wish you had made this extra effort.

Your diet while using DNP

There are several different opinions on this. The most important issue to point out here is that classic diets will cut carbs and fat. This is NOT the case with DNP. DNP will make your ATP production inefficient, and your body will be working hard to try to rebuild that ATP. Cutting carbs at that time will put your body in a state of hypoglycemia. It's recommended that you instead, cut carbs a few days prior to your cycle, and then have a well balanced diet while on your cycle.

Here's why -- your body will need carbs while your ATP is rendered inefficent, they are essential. The carbs will not be stored, and they will be burned while your body tries to replenish your ATP. You can even raise the carbs higher than the protein or fat. Even though DNP is not usually catabolic to your muscles, you still need to provide protein to your body to avoid this. And don't worry too much about fat intake while on DNP, just keep it at a reasonable amount and try to keep the fats unsaturated.

Total caloric intake should stay at your maintainence level. You can use calorie calculators to figure this out.

Keep in mind that one side effect of DNP is 'carb-craving'. You will be hungry and looking for high-carb foods. Since you want to stay at your maintainence calorie intake, you should probably use dexatrim or another appetite suppresent to supress these cravings.

I'll write and post more if anyone found this useful.
    Last edited by rampage76; 10-30-2002 at 12:34 PM.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    please do, ive been planning to use it in about 4-6 months, and im always up for a good thread to read (like this one), thanks for the info and keep it coming...

Buckyo7 is offline Junior Member
    thanks man i think u should include the basic necesities while on DNP such as Multi, antitoxant, water, and the recomended dosages (2-6mg per kg in body weight) thanks for the info....really helps out alot

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    i still say it's a lazy mans drug. period.

Ok, added the history and supp information.

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by BIGB
    You can say that about any drug or supplement, its all opinion not fact.

Good post, rampage.

Originally posted by BIGB
    Well, the popular opinion on AAS usage is that its for lazy people who don't want to work hard in the gym. It really is just misconceptions honestly.

Our justification for using AAS is that we have been training for a long time and we have reached a plateau. I agree with this to a good extent.

For DNP , realize that some people with stubborn fat pockets and a slow metabolism. Even if someone trained hard and worked their asses off to loose that stubborn chub, it wouldn't give them the results they want. Personally, I dieted very strictly, and excercised very hard and I could only loose so much weight before my workouts started breaking down my muscle. I lost weight, but it was a combination of muscle and fat. You just gotta accept that everyone's body is different, and people have to attack their problems differently and at different levels.

However, I do understand your perspective: low cardio and loose weight fast. But you gotta realize that this perspective is bullshit really. If you are lazy and are gonna do DNP half assed, you will suffer badly. You have to be extremely careful and responsble while doing it; and that is alot of work, like it or not. I don't think its right to associate efficiency and quick results with being lazy, I don't think its the same at all. Along those lines of rationalization, you can say that AAS is for lazy people.

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    rampage i still say you dont know enough not to flame you but as a friend and you still being on your first cycle which is a bulking cycle of deca and test. you should hold off and stick to somthing much safer such as clen and eca with a health diet adn a bunch of cardio you could shed the fat jsut as easy.

man i bust my ass everyday at the gym....i just cannot loose my love handles this is a last resort for me and if this doesnt work then i dont know what i will do.....so far since last January ive been from 310lbs to 190lbs now back up to 215

Originally posted by jarrett
    rampage i still say you dont know enough not to flame you but as a friend and you still being on your first cycle which is a bulking cycle of deca and test. you should hold off and stick to somthing much safer such as clen and eca with a health diet adn a bunch of cardio you could shed the fat jsut as easy.
    jarrett, i feel ya bro. I know what your saying, and I'm not rushing anything. If I do use it, it won't be until the end of december most likely. That's more than a month away, so I'll have plenty of time to keep reading up and learning about it. But I do know that for me, when I diet and excercise, it tends to have a catabolic effect on my muscle. I was on a protein diet (20% carbs/10% fat) and did intensive cardio daily. I ended up dropping down to 178 lbs (from working out every morning at 4:30 am - 6am). But the chest fat and gut would not break down. I did this for about 6 months until I finally realized it wasn't doing the trick. I ended up loosing a ton of muscle. Now you know that me at 178 should have a flat stomach with low bf. I was still at about 13%... the weight I lost was muscle, and fat from around my body, but not the gut or chest. Talk about a waste of time and effort. I'm thinking about using this as a jump start to eca/clen , not a substitute. DNP is definitely not a long term solution to weight loss/control, its just a shortcut, and that's the purpose for which I am considering using it.

Christaline dosage: 2-6mg/kg-bw

Powder Dosage: 4-10mg/kg-bw

Another thing to include is what your diet should look like.

Thanks rampage...great post

Buck

Added diet and dosage.

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    Awsome post

nuke is offline Member
    Great post Rampage.

I really would advise you against using it...There are way to many risks involved. You cant come back from the dead and lower the dose.

No flame but I thought about doing it and decided NO WAY. I'd rather run 2x day and feel a sense of accomplishment than die trying to get lean.

JMO Brother

nuke,

Definitely bro, this is a risky drug to use. You seriously have to be careful and plan it out and stick to the plan. But I do think that if done right, one can benefit from doing it. It definitely isn't right for everyone, in fact its probably not right for most people. I would never recommend any of my bros do it if they asked, because of the risk. But personally, I think I can handle it if I have the chance. I wanna dedicate 2 weeks to it, and have everything planned out -- diet, dosage, rest, supps, and cleaning. If I do it, I'll do it right and keep the plan/progress posted on here.

well i am starting a cycle this next week i will keep everyone posted and i will hopefully have pics every other week

heres my cycle:
    Week 1: DNP ( start out with 200mg and finish up with no more than 400mg)
    Week 2: Clen
    Week 3: ECA

im probably gunna run that through 3 times or so and be really strict with it and do a 50-40-10 diet

But another thing with me is that i will be dedicating it to DNP and revolve around it......im outta school and dont start again til Jan. and i dont have a job at the moment so its perfect for me

Buck

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    good post rampage

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    awesome post bro....

Bump on this post i think we should make it a sticky just because its hard to find posts on DNP on this board b/c u cant search for DNP (only 3 letter) this post is awsome!

Thanks
    Buck

DJ-JuicEe is offline New Member
    Great Post!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Great post man! Great read!

I've been thinking of DNP , but it's still too early for me, i'll probably stick to ECA/Clen /T3 for now. But still, great post, and always good info!

Hey bro, I am planning to try it out in december. I will be able to offer some advice first hand at that time! T3 is kinda toxic imo, but its probably alot safer than dnp overall! The reason I'm going to do it is convenience too. I'm planning to just lay out in my room with the windows open, south cali, in december, by myself (probably one of the only people in the house) and have my girl take care of me. It just seems too perfect to go bad!

thate is offline New Member
    Originally posted by rampage76
    T3 is kinda toxic imo
    I agree bro, I think that dnp at 400mg or under is safer than t3.

I'm gonna bump this just for everyone to know that my DNP cycle is planned from dec 13th-dec 20th. I will have my whole schedule and updates posted in the cycle forum

JP1570 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by enrage
    good post. i like it.
    dnp is a commitment and everyone should be wary of the dangers of it.
    u should point out the difference in powder and crstal dnp.
    where 500mgs of powder will make u hot, 500mgs of crystal will likely put u in the hospital
    On my 3day blitzes, I take 600mg of crystal dnp per day. It's bearable, but definitely not recommended for the beginner. I also weigh 225 so I can handle a larger dose than some, but my friend who weighs 190 took 800mg of crystal one day last time he ran dnp. Not reccommending this, just saying it works for experienced users.

I've pointed this out before also, but I'll do it again to add to this informative post. According to Dan Duchaine, Small amounts of crystal dnp can remain in your body for a month after discontinuing usage. These small amounts are enough to keep your BMR raised and allow you to continue to lose weight, although not nearly as quickly as when you were on.

SGFuryZ, I do agree with you on most parts of your response, however, I do think that the responsibility needed for using DNP is much greater than that of taking an AAS cycle. As forementioned, gyno can be quite undesirable, but death is a much more serious risk.

Also, you said that 1 pill (200mg) is recommeded and 4 pills would be lethal. I just wanted to point out that this is all relative to experience (with DNP, not body building) and weight. The recommended is 2-6 mg per kg/body weight. That whole metric system screws with me sometimes too, but put simply, 220 lb guy = 100 kg, meaning that 200 mg - 600 mg per day is recommended. That means that the lethal dosage can range from 800 mg - 2400 mg per day. That's a huge range in my opinion, but the high end of the scale would be 12 pills a day for a lethal dosage.

About the supps... there are alot of supps that you have to take. Right now, I have vitamin c, vitamin e, gycerol, calcium, magnesium, potassium citrate, pyruvate, and yohimburn (listed in decending importance imo). Since you have to take the supps in divided doses, its a pain in the ass to say the least... that basically comes out to 6 vitamin c, 3 vitamin e, 3 tablespoons of glycerol, 4 calciums, 6 magnesium, probably 10-20 potassium citrate, 4-8 pyruvate, and yohimburn is liberal. I gotta make a chart /w when I'm gonna take supps, and a meal chart. I estimate that it will be rather comprehensive.

malidfa is offline Member
    Bump
    Good post (excellent)

SGFuryZ, good thoughts bro, I was in way no trying to shoot you down in that last post. I'll be able to shed some first hand experience on this within a couple weeks. I'll also be able to provide a template for the chart that might help a few bros out.

mekler is offline Associate Member
    bump... this thread should be made sticky

I just found out that my glycerol order I made last night is not gonna come through since they don't have it in stock. I have been trying to find someone who has glycerol fuel by twinlab, but it seems that everyone is sold out and its a discontinued product. Does anyone know where to pick some up? Its OTC, but no one seems to carry it.

*EDIT I just found some online, they had 3 left in stock. I think I have all the bases covered now
    Last edited by rampage76; 12-04-2002 at 03:11 PM.

D_BEAR is offline Junior Member
    BUMP
    PLEASE MODS MAKE THIS A STICKY PLEASE
    CANT WAIT TO SEE YOUR CHART RAMPAGE

Thread Information