sweet is offline Associate Member

Making fina, did I dio this right?

I just started making my first batch of fina. I mixed the oil with the crushed pellets and BA, swirled and then let settle. It looks like there is 2 layers of sediment on the bottem of the vial, one that is redish brown on the bottem and one that is whitish brown on top. Is this normal? Should I go ahead and filter it. I am a little woried. The article at gotfina said there should be only one layer of sediment. What do you guys think?

Lift Chief is offline Member
    you're supposed to mix the pellets with the BA until they disolve THEN add the oil... i'm not sure what you should do know but i dont think its wasted--

Sorry man, I should of been more clear. I did let the crushed pellets disolve in the BA and then mixed the BA with the oil. What should the gunk at the bottem of the vial look like? Mine looks darker at the bottem then lighter as you go up towards the oil.

Does anyone have thoughts on what I should do?

Lift Chief is offline Member
    it should be white gunk on the bottom then a layer of lighter colored oil on top. If you let it sit overnight or heat it it should seperate for you.
    if you havent already check out gotfina.com for some visual aids.

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Get a funnel and a coffee filter......pour the entire solution in to the funnel with the coffee filter fitted in it. This will remove almost all the gunk and won't clog your filter up as fast. After it goes through the coffee filter then filter into a sterile vial using the syringe filter that came with your kit.

Just to clarify, pour the BA with dissolved pellets/oil miture through the coffee filter. Should I let it sit over night?

kizer_soce is offline Retired Moderator
    Okay you have BA mixture, you add pellets let sit until they are ALL dissolved, add oil swirl it real good to mix it all together, then shake/swirl it before pouring it into the coffee filter, it will take some time to drain through, about a day process so yeah overnight will work fine (also depends on how much you are making) I normally did larger batches so I couldn't fit the entire solution into the funnel so I would have to pour some, wait, pour some wait etc. Then after it has been run through the coffee filter get some gloves and squeeze out some of the remaining oil that is in with the gunk....careful not to squeez too hard though b/c you don't want to break the filter open and have that shit fall right back in the solution. Then filter with the syringe filter and enjoy, make more sense?

Originally posted by sweet
    Just to clarify, pour the BA with dissolved pellets/oil miture through the coffee filter. Should I let it sit over night?

ya it does, thanks alot.

Rugby13 is offline Member
    Putting everything through the coffee filter...wont this cause you to loose some of the fina? I made mine exactly like on gotfina, with no coffee filter, and it came out perfect

Thread Information