Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer

Abscess Formation

How long does it take for... say a 2mL oil injection to absorb to avoid abscess formations? Has anyone had to have one drained before? How much can be safely injected per week into quads and glutes to avoid this problem?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I usually don't go over 3 cc's a day in any one muscle group but know people who have without any problems. How long it takes to be absorbed depends on the muscle but is relatively quick in glutes and quads assuming you are talking about an oil based steroid .

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    genereally observed for quads is 2cc, but ive heard of as much as 5cc in quads, and glutes is usally 3cc, but again ive seen as much 5cc, good luck

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    I've commonly read 2cc's (quad) / 3 cc's (glute) once a week can be absorbed with no problems at all, but like dj said, many get away with much more. So with that being 4 injection sites, many have no problems following this routine.

durbin22 is offline Member
    I just did 3cc's in the delt the other day without a problem. Just go nice and slow and you will be fine.

I mean, how many cc's can you put in one muscle group per week to avoid the risks of an abscess? FYI, this question came to mind basically in regards to the injection protocal for some 50mg Eq (underdosed) oil.

Does water-based(like Winny) absoorb faster? As opposed to oils... since like some Eq's, Winny Depot has a high injection volume.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    well generally observed but not always followed, the muscle being shot should only be shot 1x/week...i think thats what your asking? so then just apply what was said earlier, glutes 3cc/week, delts/quads/chest 2cc week, and biceps/triceps/calves 1cc/week, just to be safe with the generally observed doses...

Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    well generally observed but not always followed, the muscle being shot should only be shot 1x/week...i think thats what your asking? so then just apply what was said earlier, glutes 3cc/week, delts/quads/chest 2cc week, and biceps/triceps/calves 1cc/week, just to be safe with the generally observed doses...
    Hmmm - with Eq I am injecting 6 mL (300 mg) per week alternating glutes. 3mL each glute. So this should be safe right? Do you know any solid figure on oil metabolization?

Thanks djdjdjddjon! Your always a great help with AAS! Do you recommend any books - I have been reading the Anabolic Review 2002. But I am looking for more indepth knowledge...

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Warrior

Hmmm - with Eq I am injecting 6 mL (300 mg) per week alternating glutes. 3mL each glute. So this should be safe right?
    You should be fine going with each glute once per week. However, you might want to use other sites occasionally, so that you can give you ass a break .. it'll thank you in the long run.

Originally posted by trimunex

You should be fine going with each glute once per week. However, you might want to use other sites occasionally, so that you can give you ass a break .. it'll thank you in the long run.

Yeah - but do you know the rate of absorbtion of oil and water based gear? Or do you know where I could find out?

Thread Information