Baldguy is offline New Member

Anyone given AS to their dogs? (Working w/ veterinarian)

I've seen this question posted before so I'll preface this w/ stating I am working w/ a veterinarian who is and will be doing bloodwork and monitoring the situation. If this shouldn't be posted on the board, I apologize and please delete it.

I have an older large dog who has lost his appetite and is losing weight. The vet suggested a shot of Winstrol . I had been thinking about trying some d-bol.

Anyway, after he suggested it, we started talking about options. I've done a little more research and think we might get some help from either Deca , d-bol or winstrol. Tren should also do the job but would be a little more pricey.

I was just wondering if anyone else might have had this problem and what their experiences might be.

Thanks,

BG

palme is offline Rosie Member
    What wrong with the dog? Consider putting it to sleep if necesary(sp).

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    no juice, but my dog was on lasix for a while.

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    well how old is the dog is it sick or just loosing wieght from age ane stuff.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    what about EQ?

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I had to give my dog insulin shots but never AAS. It was easy and he did not notice really but that was subQ near the scruff of the neck. Your vet should show you where and how to inject at least mine did with the insulin.

Mastiff is offline Member
    If you can prolong the dogs life and keep him in better health by giving him roids I'd do it. I just put down my 12 year old bull mastiff last friday, she had congestive heart failure and wouldn't eat. We gave her lasix which enabled her to breathe, but we couldn't get her to eat. If I could have given her something to put weight back on and strengthen her, she might have pulled thru. Go for it.

niterider is offline New Member
    Baldguy,
    Have you tried rolling up a fat one and blowing the smoke into the dogs face. Maybe he'll get the muchies. He he j/k Good bro

I meant GOOD LUCK

Damn, I suck, I meant to say the MUNCHIES,

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by niterider
    Damn, I suck, I meant to say the MUNCHIES,
    did you know that you can edit posts by clicking on the edit button? It is right next to the quote button on the right hand side.

Thanks for the replies. Was unable to get back on a computer until today. I hate last minute travel.

Anyway, my lab is 13 soon to be 14. We still aren't exactly sure what is wrong. Bloodwork will be back this week and we'll go from there. If it's his kidneys or liver, we probably won't try anything. If it's not, we're gonna start some AS.

As you would expect for a dog his age, he's had some arthritis problems which we're fighting w/ rimadyl. A great drug but one that may have some liver toxcity problems.

My vet wasn't too aware of the drugs I was asking about. He mentioned Winstrol and said that was what he's used in the past. I've dug up a bunch of info and will be taking that w/ me when I see him this week.

At this point my only goal is to make my dogs quality of life better. If I can't do that I'll put him down.

Again, thanks for the help and hopefully someone else might have some first hand experience.

BG

Biznatch is offline Junior Member
    you might want to think about laying off the pot, niterider--no offense.

demetri is offline Member
    It doesn't sound like your vet is too knowledgeable about AS. I'm not sure if Winstrol is a good bet, but I've read that it is given to old horses. I'm not sure how different a dog is from a horse.

Winstrol in humans will cause joint pain and cramping so it may not be something that you'll want to give an arthritic dog. Deca has very good results at reducing joint pain in humans and it may help your dog. Deca is also given to critically ill humans to help them gain weight.

Honestly though, I have no idea how these drugs would affect a dog. Good luck, I hop you find a way to make your dog more comfortable.

Demetri

Demetri, I had asked about Deca . Unfortunately I don't think he is all that familiar w/ AS. He is a good Dr. though. Works mostly w/ large animals so I'm sure that's why he knows about Winstrol .

I was under the impression that we might have some liver problems w/ winstrol or any of 17aa especially w/ the Rimadyl he's already on.

At this point, I think I'm going to suggest Deca. I've printed a bunch of info about it and a few other drugs and will see what he thinks.

Again, thanks for all the replies.

BG

Thread Information