djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member

injury, need quick help

not sure what the problem here is, but let me explain:

i was training biceps about a week and a half ago on preacher curls (120lb) and i felt this harsh pain in my left elbow (mind you i had perfect form and i wasn't bending wrists or anything) and then the pain shot into my wrist. i threw the bar down, and i couldn't move my wrist up or down without some pretty bad pain, so i stopped training biceps, took a few days off and the condition has no gotten better...the pain is hard to explain, its not like lactic acid soreness, its not like a muscle tear, the only way i could explain it is like a nerve pain, like i damaged a nerve in my wrist and its running throughout my forearm into my elbow, carpal tunnel? i need help quick, this is the 5th week of my cycle and im not trying to fuck it up, thanks guys!

i guess the bigger question is that ive had another 2 days off now and i want to train back today? yes or no?

JYZZA is offline VET
    I had the same thing, I thought it would go away by itself but it doesn't it will just keep on getting worst pain.
    This is what you do:
    buy GLUCOSAMINE & MSM and GLUCOSAMINE cream.
    I have been taking the pills for 1 week now and I just came back from doing chest and biceps. I almost don't feel a thing anymore. But remember for the next 2 times when you do biceps try not to go heavy let you elbow rest a little. What helps too, when you do biceps try no to use the straight bar taht movement tends to hurt a little more. Use the other bar and go light. Hey were in Chicago are you?
    Click Banner To Enter

~ Disclaimer: Quality Muscle was designed to share knowledge and discuss diverse areas of bodybuilding. ~ Quality Muscle and its Staff does not promote the use of illegal substances ~

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Sounds like tennis elbow, you should rest and eat anti inflams.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    dj what are you taking? it might not matter but i started getting pains like that the last time i was taking Winny...

yah im taking eq600, enant750, and i just came off dbol 37.5/daily...im also taking adex .25mg daily, but they are **, so who knows maybe its winny? whatever it is its keeping estrogenic side affects to almost nothing (no water, no bloat, no mood swings). i was thinking maybe my joints aren't getting lubed because im not getting any water retention and im almost temped to throw some deca into the mix? would it be worth it? this is a 15 week cycle so i still have 10 weeks left...like 300mg a week? thanks for the replies guys, muchly appreciated

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Could be the D-bol. Alot of ppl experience joint pain etc when taking d-bol. Although it could be a pinched nerve or something along those lines.
    I dunno. I would go see a Dr. if things persist...
    As far as adding deca ? I don't think that's the greatest move.

McBain is offline Member
    Sounds like you tweaked something. You might have some tightness in your forearms and biceps. I'd go get a deep tissue massage if I was you. It should do wonders for you. Also rubbing some DMSO on the spot isn't a bad idea either, it's real cheap. Just make sure you clean the area first and let it sit without touching it for like 30min after application, and don't apply too much. Other than that ice, and heat bro. What I like to do for that is fill up 2 sinks/tubs with water, one hot as possible w/o burning myself, the other as cold as possible (add 2 trays of ice cubes too). Start in the hot for 2 min, then 2 min ice, repeat 3 times. Do this 3 times thorughout the day (if possible, if not one is ok). Always end with cold. If pain persists and/or get worse I'd see a doc. Also start off slowly next workout day.

ok no deca , lots of otc stuff to try, start off slow, and see a doc, thanks again guys, take care

Mastiff is offline Member
    Can't help here, bro. It does sound like nerve pain, it could be carpal tunnel. If you put a pin on each separate joint of your fingers, and some of them you can't feel, and others you can, its probably carpal tunnel. I used to know which parts of each finger that it affects, but I can't remember right off the top of my head.

eh, well i can feel each finger fairly well, and i trained back earlier pretty heavily without any problems really...so maybe it is just some tennis elbow (i hope), nonetheless its a pain in the ass and i dont want it causing problems with my cycle...thanks for all the help guys

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    cycles cause water retension that can effect carpel tunnel--which is in a sence swelling in wrist area putting pressure on nerves
    but
    yours sounds like tennis elbow---get a tennis elbow brace from a sports store and it will help

McBain is offline Member
    If it is tennis elbow definitely go with the DMSO bro. Worked wonders for me when mine flares up. Usually just flares up from skull crushers, but even just taking the DMSO once sometimes does it for me. Not sure exactly why it works but it's like magic I know they use it on racehorses for ligament/tendon problems..

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    Not sure anyone cares since i'm new to this, but I would think that you pinched your ulnar nerve, which runs between the humerus and ulnar bones. If you really want to keep working out I would recommend changing your arms to a different angle with something like hammer curls, in addition taking an NSAID (asprin rules), until the inflammation from pinching the nerve is gone

Re: Not sure anyone cares since i'm new to this

Sin, everybodies opinion is welcome. Sometimes new people see problems with a different perspective. If you think you have something to add, jump on in. This board won't flame you because you are new. I didn't know about the ulna nerve, I learned something new.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member

Re: injury, need quick help

Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    not sure what the problem here is, but let me explain:
    the pain shot into my wrist. i threw the bar down, and i couldn't move my wrist up or down without some pretty bad pain, so i stopped training biceps, took a few days off and the condition has no gotten better...the pain is hard to explain, its not like lactic acid soreness, its not like a muscle tear, the only way i could explain it is like a nerve pain, like i damaged a nerve in my wrist and its running throughout my forearm into my elbow, carpal tunnel?
    This sounds really familiar bro. I had a similar experience last year when I was working my biceps with the barbells. I kept curling and all the sudden there was this terrible pain on my wrists and I shouldn't even hold the bar up anymore. It really scared the shit out of me, so I layed off the biceps for a week. I went back, but the pain never went away. When I worked my chest I would have to stop sometimes because my wrists simply were killing me. Same thing with shoulders... It has nothing to do with form either, because I know I wasn't using the wrong form on it. The pain persisted through the entire year and still causes me probelms today. I had a similiar pain when I type and even use the mouse. I ended up going to comp usa and buying the mouse with the gel cushion for the wrist and a gel bar for the keyboard... It really helps alot. Also, when you feel the pain creep up, just lay off, otherwise you WILL regret it. Usually when it hurts, I like to push harder, but this particular pain is REALLY weird. It feels like your wrist is just in pain, no matter what you do with it. There aren't any muscles around the area either, so I have no idea whats wrong. I suspect its carpal tunnel though.

by the way bro, it does get better. just go easy on your wrists until your at the gym. Once I got these gel pads at home/work the pain really subsided. It would be surprising if I had to cut a workout short because of this pain now. Also, barbells REALLY hurt alot more than dumbbells. Stick with the bicep excercises that won't force your wrists into any particular motion. Free weights (dumbbells) helped to eliminate alot of the discomfort (i.e. shooting pain)

excellent responses, where can i pick up some dmso? im kinda thinking its carpal tunnel too, but it strange, sometimes i have it, and sometime i dont whatsoever, i didn't think carpal tunnel was something that came and went...and i know it wasn't my form because i use really strict form for just about everything, i had to go real light on tricecps the other day because of how much it was bothering me, but i trained back yesterday and everything seemed ok..thanks again for the responses guys...muchly appreciated.

Carpal tunnel is pressure on a nerve. If the pressure increases it gets worse, if it lightens up it gets better. My wife had it, thats why I knew about the pin test on the fingers. The pain does come and go, at least it did with her.

DOUGTM1SS is offline Associate Member
    Sounds like you have the same problem. I've got pain running down from the elbow to the wrist, went to see a MD, told me it was tennis elbow and to lighten the loads I'm moving for a while, and wear the brace two inches below your elbow, and for now I've gone from bar to dumbbell exercises and has it even helped, my gains may be coming a little slower for now but I'm not going to let a nagging pain slow me down.

Originally posted by DOUGTM1SS
    Sounds like you have the same problem. I've got pain running down from the elbow to the wrist, went to see a MD, told me it was tennis elbow and to lighten the loads I'm moving for a while, and wear the brace two inches below your elbow, and for now I've gone from bar to dumbbell exercises and has it even helped, my gains may be coming a little slower for now but I'm not going to let a nagging pain slow me down.
    shame, i love those heavy barbell movements... :-/ i had to avoid preachers the other day and substitued a few sets of concentration curls, worked out just fine with no pain...ill end up going to get checked by my doc in a few days just to see his opinion, thanks again for all the responses guys, muchly appreciated...

Yeah bro, the pain comes and goes. If its the same thing as I have, you'll be able to get used to it fast and learn what kind of excercises to do and in what order. If you do barbells last, it helsp more than doing barbells then dumbbells. Just little stuff like that will help keep your workout go better. Good luck with the bro, hope he figures it out.

Thread Information