CYCLEON Guest

Red face "Roids made me attack the cop"

Football player sentenced for beating
    Steroids played role in attack on officer

Friday, November 09, 2001

By Tom Gibb, Post-Gazette Staff Writer

INDIANA, Pa. -- Willie Knapp, once one of Allegheny County's most promising high school football prospects, is going into the state prison system for tackling and choking a police officer last year in what Knapp's lawyer said was a steroid -fueled rage.

Indiana County Common Pleas Judge Gregory Olson yesterday sentenced Knapp, 23, to two to four years in prison but allowed 14 months' credit for the time Knapp spent awaiting trial, under house arrest at his family's Franklin Park home.

Knapp, though, could be paroled to a halfway house in about eight months if the state Corrections Department honors a request from Knapp's lawyer and steers the former football star away from a state prison and into the commonwealth's Quehanna Boot Camp. Quehanna is a remote Clearfield County center where corrections officers take the role of drill sergeants and dish out a six-month helping of boot camp conditions to prisoners.

"We think there'd be benefit," defense lawyer Thomas Ceraso of Greensburg said after Knapp -- about 6 feet 2 inches tall and 300-plus pounds, looking very much the lineman he was -- was led away in shackles.

Olson could have let Knapp off with probation. But he said he came down heavily because Knapp had a history of violence, a juvenile record and a drug problem -- the latter, Ceraso said, a reference to the bodybuilding steroids police found in his car when he was arrested after the midday attack 13 months ago on the Indiana University of Pennsylvania campus.

What's more, Olson said, Knapp "has shown no remorse."

"There's no indication that Willie has used drugs other than steroids," Ceraso said outside the courtroom. "But he's a much different person now. He's a good person who doesn't have the rage he had."

It was a subdued Knapp who went before Olson yesterday, dressed in a sport coat, open collar shirt, oversized slacks and running shoes. Outside the courtroom, he politely brushed off questions.

Knapp was an explosive lineman at North Allegheny High School, where he graduated in 1997 before going on to play two years at the University of Rhode Island.

What followed, though, were aborted bids to break onto the football rosters of the University of Pittsburgh and IUP -- and then, an explosion of rage.

On Sept. 10, 2000, he was charged with flattening an IUP student with a punch to the head during a fraternity party at which one witness told police he watched Knapp "throw people off the back porch."

For that, Knapp got two years' probation.

But two days after the attack, IUP police say, Knapp became enraged when he was stopped for making an improper turn.

Police said Knapp threatened IUP Sgt. Gregory Davis, charged him and then -- when Davis sprayed Knapp with Mace -- knocked him down and tried to choke him.

Knapp avoided trial by pleading guilty to aggravated assault under a deal in which he avoided other charges, including attempted homicide and possessing restricted steroids.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    that guy sounded like a sicko anyway. he would have flippped even w/o AS. but of course, they get blamed. sick bastard ruins it for everyone

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I think it's funny when I see grown men trying to pull this Roid rage SHIT...It's fuckin mental you retards and it's damn sure not cool or adult to say the least....................Now let me jump off my soap box.............hahahahah

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Well , I think he figured his only way of possibly lessening his sentence was to blame it on the JUICE. Shit, none of those Judges, probably don't know jack about AS. Therefore, Knapp figured..."Hey, I know he's heard of roid rage ...maybe that's what I'll say what happened". puuuuuulllleeeasssseee...

Psycoswole is offline Member
    He figured he got caught with the steroids anyway so he might as well blame it on them

atwa is offline Associate Member
    bullshit!!!

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    MOFO's screwing up for all of us.

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member

Sad, Sad, Sad......

It is Ignorant media bullshit like that, which cause the ignorant, misinformed, close-minded public to perpetuate steroids as "bad".

It is also a fact that this society has become one where we don't hold people accountable for their actions. It is always someone else's fault. "he hit me when I was younger"; "mom loved him more"; " he was picked on when he was a kid"; "the steroids made him out of control"...... ALL SHIT! Almost as bad as the "Twinkie Defense"...

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    I can see being a little more aggressive, but hitting a cop is a good way to go to jail. That dude was just an asshole, probably ratted on his boys too!

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

hmmmmm

i think it's sad that he wore a sportscoat, open collared shirt, baggy pants and sneakers to court.he should have been arrested by the FASHION POLICE on the spot!!!

J-Dogg is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats probably more appealing to young people that the ACTUAL effects of anablics.

What 16 year old does not wish he could toss people off the back porch at will?

juiceon is offline Associate Member
    Still 300 lbs at 6'2" after being in the clink for 14 months . . . . he must be bridging . . .

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    AS is no excuse for your attitude this guy must have had some screws loose to begin with

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator

lets be honest here....

some of us do feel heightened aggression while on certain compunds, myself included. however, to openly attack a police officer, and then blame the juice is going a little far imho. while i think it could have played a SMALL part, in this action, i think the aggression and hatred were there already, just waiting to be let loose. this guy just has that type of personality, you know, the kind where everything pisses him off no matter what it is................

pace bb79

juiceon is offline Associate Member

Oh Come On!!

You can't tell me that I am the only guy here that pummels at least one guy every day I'm on??? When I am on, it's sleep, eat, train, pummel 24/7 . . . . Steroids , clen , ECA, caffine, these all get me going. If I didn't pummel someone each day I would never be able to get to sleep at night (and that would f()ck up my training). Wait . . . . I think I hear the mailman bringing me more f)cking junk mail, I gotta go and settle this . . .

berry is offline Associate Member

bad shit

funny ,bertil fox said also that it was the steroids what made him shoot his girlfriend and mother ,is this a way to not get blamed??there is no such thing as roid rage ,if u have a hot temper youll have it on the stuff or not...

man_of_steel is offline Associate Member

Thumbs down

that dudes an idiot.I'm sure all of us have had a little bit of riodrage but its all about SELF CONTROL.I just got my car towed the other day,for a mistake on the police officers behalf,and he was totally talking shit,and when your on 600mgs of cyp 60mg dbol and 200 deca ,alot of shit crosses your mind.I felt like fucking ripping his skinny little bitch ass tongue outta his throat,but again,self control comes into place..

Swedeboy is offline Junior Member
    WE've got the exact same bullshit over here in Sweden to. Ludmilla Engquist (world champion in 100m hurdles for women) and the swedes best athlet ever was cougt some days ago and ever since the newspapers are writing all shit they can think of about AAS. Yeserday 10 november, the headlines where "MAN using ANABOLIC STEROIDS assoulted 67-year old man!" Are they allowed to write anything these days? There's no basis what so ever for such statements! Look at me. I've been using AAS for some years and I'm a pretty nice guy

Cynical is offline Associate Member
    fucking pathatic, just cause he cant admit to what he did in full he has to pull down the rest of the people who use AS

DeWil is offline Junior Member
    Its bull!
    A "friend" of mine slapped his mother in a "roid-rage". The thing was that he was on the huge amount of 100mg primobolan /week!

Some people are just stupid and believe everything they hear!
    I bet things would be better if they said that U get kind from steroids . Then people who are easily influenced would help old ladies over the street instead of beating em up!

Dont U think its the same with womens period?
    If they said that they get happy instead of moody, then we guys would have alot easier cause they would believ it.

What im tryin to say is that its more psycological than fysical.

Comments?

Stove is offline Associate Member
    Good Thread, sounds to me like "Roid Rage " is more of an underlying aggression someone has. Then they use AS as the scapegoat when they are caught. Am I on the right track? Yes or No?

RussianVodka is offline Senior Member
    Hi is stupid jerk

scrawnymofo is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Intensity
    MOFO's screwing up for all of us.
    you call him a mofo like its a bad thing.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    this is a old azz thread
    abstrack@protonmail.com

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    OH MY GOD!!!!! I just crapped myself. Here I am just looking at some of the new posts when I stumble upon this!!!! This is my old friend from college... we played ball together there. I can't believe this still... I was just trying to track him down a couple of months ago cause I hadn't heard from him in a few years. I guess I won't be hearing from him for a few more.

He always had issues with rage but most of the time it just seemed like he was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I see he's took a turn for the worse. I feel bad for him. He had a hell of a future and just threw it all away.

I'm still beside myself.
    Last edited by sinista63; 01-10-2004 at 05:31 PM.

sinista63 is offline Associate Member
    and i just realized how old this thread was originally..... no wonder i haven't heard from him.... wow.... this is crazy...

Mclaren_v12 is offline Junior Member
    That guy is messed up, I have a few friends on the "force" and they've told me it takes a "different" kind of person to actually attack a peace officer. The dude was warped in the first place, leave the poor crank out of this.

Thread Information