alex18 is offline Member

Help!! Im joining the army!!

Ive decided to join the army (british) but im currently on a test cyp/eq cycle!! My careers liasons officer wants me to attend the regular commisions board asap however i know they do a medical but i don;t know whether or not they test blood! If they do how long am i going to have to leave it before i am clear?

cheers guys

Totenkopf is offline Associate Member
    In the American Army they do not test for steriods unless they have reason too. They do not do it on recruits either. Im pretty sure the British Army wont on initial physical. But if you decide to continue using AAS you have to keep it low key so they have no reason to fuck with you. Dont know if i helped you i hope i did in a small way :] .
    Ask a recruiter (not yours) what the policy is.

kreper69 is offline Associate Member
    i was never tested for AAS. only tested for rec. drugs in the military..

alex18 is offline Member
    yeah thanks! I guess i'm just getting a bit edgy!! All the info books on joining up don't mention a blood test! Do ya know for how long eq/cyp can remain in the body though?

richardharding is offline New Member
    hey man check your inbox

JULY GTP is offline Associate Member
    unless u look like BIG PAPAPUMP then definitily
    they will test U...

BullDogg20 is offline Member
    i was worried to when i joined the canadian armed forces but they dont do any blood work. but they do test you for somthing when u get in.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    No worries bro. None of my friends have ever been tested. However they were in the Swedish and Danish army. But i guess itīs the same everywere.

alex18 is offline Member
    cheers guys!

tryingtogain is offline Member
    i think the army will be more than welcome a strong muslce guy regardless of roids they want nice big strong guys :-)

MAGNUS is offline Junior Member
    lol PALME in the swedish armed forces bro it seems to be encouraged, it is in the KUSTJARGE!!! so your doing your RCB bro, damn shipping out to sandhurst, detection times are 3months for the test and 5 months for the EQ, it is standard protocol in the British Army to test Potential Officers for gear, but by the time you have done your RCB Briefing, RCB and Medical in addition to all PO visits to regiments it will be out of your system.GOOD LUCK BRO!!! but don't get stuck on Rowallen!!!

alex18 is offline Member
    so exactly when will it be tested for? at the medical? My careers officer is trying to get me to do my briefing asap but i have been keeping him on hold until i knew about the testing procedure! Only visiting three regiments so that shouldn't take too long. Still really interested in the royal marines tho so i guess their testing procedure is the same! Next week is my last injection so should i leave it 5 months to do my RCB?

What regiments you going to see? Queens Lancashire are shit, Kings are sound, Guards are sound, PWRR are shit, Yorkies are sound, go artillery or engineers, OR logisitcs, a corps where there is more diversity and where the solidiers have to have more brains, be an asset rather than expendable!!. Just give it 5 months from the end of your last EQ shot.

If you want to be a commando join 29 Commando regiment Royal Artillery....good guys.

alex18 is offline Member
    Im divided 50/50 between joining the royal marines and the army! ive based my army decision on the fact that they'll pay for me to do a degree later on in my career! But the marines are so so much better trained and get to see more action! I cant see myself being anything other than on the front line to be honest so if its gonna be the army its gonna have to be infantry! So here's my shortlist:

Royal Green Jackets
    Green Howards
    Prince of wales own reg of yorkshire (only cos its my local reg but its a bit shit!)
    Army air corps and fly apache helicopters! plus ya get paid more!
    Light infantry

All of which are wank incomparrison to the royal marines of course! however if i joined the army id do the all arms commando course and get the green berret!

How about 29 commandor Regiment, Royal Artillery?

Forget the notion bro that only infantry are on the front line, 29 have FOO'S,forward observation officers-they are serious MOFO'S!!

Green Jackets are elitist and the officers are snobby jerks
    If you go to Howards, say hello to 'OLLIE' for me, he is a serving officer.
    Bro, the best option is 29 RA, 59 ENGINEERS, PARAS, or you local regimet-always a good option!

Thread Information