destroying angle is offline Junior Member

help with high blood pressure

I have always had low blood pressure. My first cycle was 200mg test cyp for 10 weeks. I started my second cycle of 300mg test cyp and 300 mg deca per week. I am in my second week. The last 3 days my head has been pounding. I went and had my blood pressure checked and it was 151/75. This is the first time using deca. Is it the deca causing this or what. Will it get better or worse during my cycle? If it is the deca what should I use in place of deca? Does this happen to you guys too?

Stats
    age 34
    200lbs
    16% bf

Mastiff is offline Member
    I get roughly a 20 point boost when on. There is another bro out posting that is at 170/90. Don't stop the cycle, you are still good to go. There is no need to worry about 151/75. If the upper number goes over 200 or the lower number over 100, then think about stopping the cycle. Just my 2 cents, bro.

destroying angle is offline Junior Member
    thanks for always helping me out Mastiff.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    You don't necessarily need to stop your cycle, but you don't want your BP that high. Why? well it is not called the silent killer for nothing. Damage is never noticible acutely. It accrues over time. But if you are cycling alot and it stays high the majority of the time, then take care of it. There are lots of good meds to lower BP. Namely the beta blockers, thiazide diuretics, and ACE inhibitors. Trust me you don't want it to stay high. There have been alot of good posts on this. Do a search, also check out bolex!

righton is offline Senior Member
    Your b/p goes up and down a dozen times a day. If you want a semi accurate reading you'll have to check it a coupla times a day for 3 or 4 days and come out with an average. FYI, yesterday after working out and picking up some things from Walgreens i checked it and my b/p was 178/117!!! Talk about f***ing high!!

Originally posted by righton
    i checked it and my b/p was 178/117!!! Talk about f***ing high!!
    Wow! I can just imagine the veins on your neck and forehead popping out and throbbing!

You do have a good point though, an average is a much better measurement of BP than spot checks. Personally there is a world of a difference between checking my BP in the morning when I get up and after a stressfull day at the office and a nasty workout at the gym (got to work out frustrations to avoid going postal!)

Red

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup

Wow! I can just imagine the veins on your neck and forehead popping out and throbbing!

You do have a good point though, an average is a much better measurement of BP than spot checks. Personally there is a world of a difference between checking my BP in the morning when I get up and after a stressfull day at the office and a nasty workout at the gym (got to work out frustrations to avoid going postal!)

Red
    Actually the vein in my forehead does pop out and throb sometimes. BP 170/90

Thread Information