Thread: Flu Shot

bigvans36 is offline New Member

Flu Shot

My work is giving out free flu shots and since winter is coming id rather not get sick while on cycle. my question is will getting a flu shot affect my cycle at all?

rhino1 is offline Anabolic Member
    NO it will not affect your cycle...TAKE THE FLU SHOT...if you get sick afterward it is just a coincedince...

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    Quote Originally Posted by bigvans36 View Post
    My work is giving out free flu shots and since winter is coming id rather not get sick while on cycle. my question is will getting a flu shot affect my cycle at all?

are you serious with this question?

you obviously have no business using anything you are now using

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I personally will not take them. Too risky imo. I have heard about so many bad thigns about them....

1-They have given out the wrong vacines on multiple occasions here in Canada
    2-They can cause reactions and even flu even if this is rare
    3-I believe by trying to make the body immune to flu more dangerous strains are appearing. Also I believe the bodies natural ability to fight off flu in general is better without the vaccine like if you got a more severe strain that the vacine didnt do anything for you will be more prepared to fight it off yourself naturally without the vacine.
    4-my last point is there is no long term studies showing what will happen from taking this vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    I personally will not take them. Too risky imo. I have heard about so many bad thigns about them....

1-They have given out the wrong vacines on multiple occasions here in Canada
    2-They can cause reactions and even flu even if this is rare
    3-I believe by trying to make the body immune to flu more dangerous strains are appearing. Also I believe the bodies natural ability to fight off flu in general is better without the vaccine like if you got a more severe strain that the vacine didnt do anything for you will be more prepared to fight it off yourself naturally without the vacine.
    4-my last point is there is no long term studies showing what will happen from taking this vaccine.
    1. that is because your country has loose medical practices
    2. they CAN NOT cause the flu
    3. Well if a severe strain comes out and you dont have the vaccine your chances are still the same of getting it....the flu vaccine is a dead virus against the 3 most common strains of the season so what you are \saying is null and void.
    4. you take steroids and use research chemicals but you wont get a flu shot....

YOU my friend....are I G N O R A N T

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have had flu from other vacines, and know of people who have had flu like symtoms from the flu shot. I do not believe its fair to assume your body will be just as good at fighting off stronger flu strains if it is shielded from weaker strains that is your own speculation. Thats right I take steroids but wont take a flu shot to each his own. The first reason I gave is more than enough reason not to take it though anyways.

so you'd rather ruin your cycle by having the flu for 2 weeks?

DEVLDOG is offline Retired VET
    flu shot is no garuntee you wont get the flu

on a side note,i had a friend who came down with menengitas from the a flu shot.reason enough for me to not take it

MercyDog is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad I've been a whore my entire life, I never get sick anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVLDOG View Post
    flu shot is no garuntee you wont get the flu

on a side note,i had a friend who came down with menengitas from the a flu shot.reason enough for me to not take it
    he didn't get meningitis from the flu shot...

you have to come in contact with someone with meniingitis to contract it

never said you cant still get the flu...it only vaccinates you from the leading 2 or 3 strains of the season...

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's not unreasonable to get some mild symptoms after the shot, because it is activating the body's immune system, and there may be a bit of an inflammatory cascade in there. But the real flu, not the upset tummy we had as kids that made us vomit for a day or two, but the real deal, is a bitch if you get it. It's more of an upper respiratory illness that will leave you weak and coughing for weeks, the dry cough lingering sometimes for 4-6 wks. The kind of cough that keeps you from sleeping, and you just feel like hammered dog crap for a long time. That is why they bothered to try and come up with a vaccine. It's aggressive enough of a virus that it debilitates and kills people who are at risk, like the elderly.
    And taking the vaccine does not create resistant strains, because it isn't a bacteria. The virus morphs on its own anyway. If you get the flu, and your immune system finally fights it off, it will have morphed already. That's why viruses are so nasty.
    To each their own, I don't have a problem with that. But just get good info on which to base your decision.
    What really cracks me up is when people won't get the flu shot, don't want their kids vaccinated, but then come into the clinic with a common cold and get pissed off when they don't get antibiotics. Wtf?

Thread Information