Billy Boy is offline Retired Moderator

Your responses please!

I have been asked to write a piece for a local university sports paper on steroid use within sports.My friend is doing his degree and kindly put my name forward .They will be covering the side effects and how much bodybuilders or sports persons would use in a cycle

I said I would write an article on how the cycle made you feel whilst on and how the feeling was once the cycle had stopped.The more I have spoken to people the more I have learnt that even non-steroid users suffer from mood swings the day after working out and they have told me they experience heightened aggression after a workout.

So I would really appreciate your input so I can research and look into this a bit more

So a few questions for you guys and gals

Apart from the increased strength,weight gain and pumps what other noticable effects do you like from cycling?

How does cycling effect your overall health?

Do you have a feeling of general well being after a cycle?

Do you suffer from depression after cycling?

Did you ever experience mood swings after training BEFORE using steroids ?

What are the downs for you using steroids?

Nobodys names will be used and all information given will be for research purposes only the article will only be published within this uni and I think it is about 20k copies so its all pretty low key.

Thanks for your time

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Billy... I will give it a go bro... (good luck on the paper too bro). Here goes: for organizational efforts, I will label questions 1-6 okay?

Question 1: this question would depend on the type of cycle I was doing. But let's take my average cycle test/winny. Mood swings big time, short tempered, night sweats, very aggressive, very violent dreams, most of the time with blood and guts.. And of course horney as hell, and wanting to bang every good looking women..

Question 2: High blood pressure (but I am prone to that), prostate problems during cycle, water rention.

Question 3: Sometimes, just depends on what day it is. Normally with a good nights rest, I feel great. I can tell the days that my bp are up, I get tired after lunch.

question 4: Yes I did experience mood swings, however most are not as long as I was on AS. I am still having aggressive mood swings, post cycle, like I am still on gear.

Question 5: Personally I think as most;health issues. However, I believe that if you know what you are doing, and use AS in moderation, then your risks are lower. Hell everything is a health risk today, isn't it?
    IMO, I love the gains, confidence, stamina, and atheletic edge that it gives me. I am an avid sport player, and when you get my age, you need all the competitive edge to get past the younger guys. I love AS, I love the way they have helped my games, and physique as well!
    Hope this helps Billy..

rangerdudeleads is offline Senior Member
    hey bro I was just curious, what sport do you play?

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    Billy... I will give it a go bro... (good luck on the paper too bro). Here goes: for organizational efforts, I will label questions 1-6 okay?

Question 1: this question would depend on the type of cycle I was doing. But let's take my average cycle test/winny. Mood swings big time, short tempered, night sweats, very aggressive, very violent dreams, most of the time with blood and guts.. And of course horney as hell, and wanting to bang every good looking women..

Question 2: High blood pressure (but I am prone to that), prostate problems during cycle, water rention.

Question 3: Sometimes, just depends on what day it is. Normally with a good nights rest, I feel great. I can tell the days that my bp are up, I get tired after lunch.

question 4: Yes I did experience mood swings, however most are not as long as I was on AS. I am still having aggressive mood swings, post cycle, like I am still on gear.

Question 5: Personally I think as most;health issues. However, I believe that if you know what you are doing, and use AS in moderation, then your risks are lower. Hell everything is a health risk today, isn't it?
    IMO, I love the gains, confidence, stamina, and atheletic edge that it gives me. I am an avid sport player, and when you get my age, you need all the competitive edge to get past the younger guys. I love AS, I love the way they have helped my games, and physique as well!
    Hope this helps Billy..

Longhorn is offline Associate Member
    Billy,

I’ve done 2 cycles: #1-EQ/Winny, #2-Eq/Test/Winny and I’ll try to help you out bro. Good luck on your paper.

Question #1: Mentally I just felt up. Cycle #2 I was horny as hell 24/7. No mood swings or aggression.

Question #2: Both cycles I felt like I had a mild fever for the first 5-7 days. Slight increase in blood pressure during the cycle.

Question #3: Very much a feeling of well being DURING the cycle. AFTER the cycle I felt good about the gains but not near as well as during.

Question #4: Felt depressed as hell for 2-3 weeks after my first cycle. After doing some research I attribute this to the clomid therapy. Once clomid was finished I bounced back to normal. This was not nearly as bad after my second cycle, probably because I knew what to expect.

It definitely was harder to stay on my diet and to train at the same pace after cycling.

Question #5: Some-mostly I’d get down on myself when I didn’t feel like I was making gains.

Question #6: Aside from the legal aspects the only down sides I see are cost and social non-acceptance of steroids by family, friends, etc.

I caveat this with the comment that the user has done his research and understands what he is putting in his body, otherwise they are seriously putting their health at risk.

Hope this helps.

Sicillian30 & Longhorn - many thanks for your replies

As for the rest of you c,mon help a bro out here I,m not the one at Uni and I won't be getting paid or get any "brownie" points for it its going to be an educational (hopefully) piece in a Uni rag on our sport and will hopefully open peoples eyes that what certian medical students/doctors would like to say happens is quite rare.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Your responses please!

Apart from the increased strength,weight gain and pumps what other noticable effects do you like from cycling?

sex drive, general wired feelings, increased happiness!

[/B][/QUOTE]while on any test cycle I have slight prostate problems, I have to get up more during the night and have trouble urinating.

Do you have a feeling of general well being after a cycle? Do you suffer from depression after cycling?

the first 4-5 days after a cycle are hellish, but i quickly recover from the slight weight loss. the hardest part during those days is the zero pump I have, which makes me look very small. Plus sex drive takes a big big dive

not really

the fact you have to stop at some point, the strain you put in your diet/training and your body. The cost and the fact its not accepted by society (which in turn makes it harder to find a doc to make sure your body isnt "dying" from your cycle)

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    billy boy ,what other effects ?the feeling of well beeing and super confident ontop of the world kinda.
    2.it dosent really effect my overall health so far ,other then some elevated blood pressure ,and cholest .whic were due to some 17 alk orals everything goes back to normal .
    3.depression ?soemtimes yes sometimes no ,when im on clomid therapy ,when ur hormaones are kinda outta wack u tend to go through it sometimes it differs though from prson to prson .
    4.yes i have a bad temper to begin with doing anabolics though have nothing to with it like i said the problem existed prior to aas use .
    5.the downs .hmmmm..lets see.well the risk of future med problems .really thats it ,i beleive though a individual that is well educated and takess caution and the propoer parameters i think u have aless risk .
    there u go billy ,hopes this helps ya .

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    Question # 1: I haven't experienced any bad sides yet. When I say bad I mean serious health issues. The sides I have experienced are: Some hairloss, acne, high blood preasure (while on), sore joints, kidney pain. All the above that I mentioned subsided post cycle. So I would say it didn't affect my over all health. (knock on wood)

Question # 2: I feel very confident during a cycle. I'm not really shy by nature, but for instance I tend to get nervous giving a speech or a presentation but if I'm on..I don't really get nervous.
    Also, sometimes I have trouble approching girls at a club or bar.
    When on a cycle or even post cycle I don't have any problems. I walk right up to the hottest girl in the place and start talking to her. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way....
    So yes I have a sense of well being during and post cycle. It makes me feel good to know that I'm building muscle, which in my book is doing something good for my body.

Question # 3: As far as depression. Well I don't really get depressed.
    I know that the feeling that I get while I'm on can't last forever. Therefore I don't set myself up for dissapointment by thinking that I'm going to feel like superman for the rest of my life.

Question # 4: Never experienced them.

Question # 5: The down side of using for me is knowing that I could potentially damage my liver etc. Also I get really nervous when I order from a source because the last thing that any of us want is to get arrested for posession etc..
    I agree w/ Longhorn when he talked about the social acceptance aspect of using AS. I wish it was excepted by society, but I doubt it ever will be...

M

Many thanks guys for taking the time to reply your help is greatly appreciated

tie
    tie is offline Junior Member
    Billy

I'd love to answer your questions, mate, but I've not had the pleasure (yet ;-)), but I thought I'd bump this up for ya.

Let is all know what you're conclusions are!

Tie

landshark is offline Associate Member

Re: Your responses please!

Originally posted by Billy Boy

general overall sense of well being.

No negative/positive effects to speak of...yet.

Do you have a feeling of general well being after a cycle?

during, yes...after, no.

Do you suffer from depression after cycling?

I wouldn't classify it as depression, but that "sense of well being" diminishes quickly.

no, and rarely even when I'm on.

As mentioned by someone earlier, playing with weight I have no business touching; hence potential injuries.

Thanks for your time

you're welcome.

Thread Information