mattg78 is offline Junior Member

USPS or FedEx/UPS???

I heard that if you get busted with usps, then it will be considered a federal crime. If you get busted with FedEx or UPS, it would be considered a state crime. Is this true??? Also, they say that usps x-rays their packages and ups/fedex don't. I had a friend who worked in the ups wharehouse and he said that they never check anything (unless it's leaking) and even if they did find something like that, they wouldn't know what it is. Whatcha think???

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Any one for CanadaPost???

Seriously though...are you just sending money then you shouldn't worry about as long as you take the certain precautions in sending money...let your source worry about which carrier to use. I'm not particularly sure about USPS but I know the others can still open any type of box and seal it up at their own volition, without you knowing about it.

Aragorn

dansteelman is offline Member
    USPS Needs a Federal search warrant to open your mail, while UPS and Fed Ex are private carriers and can open anything they want for reasonable cause

Dansteelman

mattg78 is offline Junior Member
    No. I worryed about the recieving end (me). I know that if they open up a packedge with a warrent, they will try a controlled delivery on me right??? How about the federal and state thing, too???

Canadianjuicer is offline New Member
    Aragorn, what would you consider to be proper precautions in sending money? I had a scarry incident happen recently to myselg so I'm cutious.

I always send cash in a birthday card.

USPS doesn't xray every package. Its not cost efficient at all. My brother works for fedex and said if they find drugs, they give them to the DEA and you will still be in trouble with the feds. The state can get you, but the feds have more power and generally will be the one to do the job.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I just put up a thread in regards to sending money.

Aragorn

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I used to work at Canada's largest private shipping company and at that time, 5 years ago, the customer was always informed if their package was opened and then resealed befroe delivery. We even had a roll of tape for boxes that were not damaged( ie opened by curious employees ) with an explanatory message and you just taped er back up and sent it out. To the best of my knowledge Canada Post does the same.
    One shift I came accross a package that was about the size of a junior football that had no return address and was entirely wrapped in duct tape. Curiousity got the better of me and I cut the bugger open. There were 2 ziploc bags, one inside the other, full of BC's finest wrapped in about 1\4 inch of solid duct tape. I shit you not. And no I didn't take it home.....the shop leadhand did!

adaptations is offline Member
    Wether you use USPS, FEDEX or UPS, if you get busted you are STILL gonna get nabbed for Using the mail to commit a crime.

like everyone said...the proivate carriers can open ANY package at ANY time.
    USPS needs a warrant in order to open a package...

I say stick with USPS....i never had any problems....
    Just make sure your guy is good and neat at packaging...so it looks professional

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I was wondering about this... who would get in trouble? The dude sending it or the braddah receiving it?

Also, is using a PO box mandatory or are residential addresses okay?

the one recieving would get in trouble

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    i cant see why a po box would be any different unless your using someone elses or have in under a false name...?

Thread Information