OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member

High Blood Pressure. Would u....

stop ur cycle? I checked my BP this morning and it was 130/100. The 130 Systolic is in the high normal range but the Diastolic 100 is in the Stage 2 Hypertension range. Im feeling kinda bad, like its hard to breath and i feel all gittery. What would u do? Thxs!!

OG

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    ***What is blood preasure***
    Blood pressure is the force of blood against the walls of arteries. Blood pressure is recorded as two numbers—the systolic pressure (as the heart beats) over the diastolic pressure (as the heart relaxes between beats). The measurement is written one above or before the other, with the systolic number on top and the diastolic number on the bottom. For example, a blood pressure measurement of 120/80 mmHg (millimeters of mercury) is expressed verbally as "120 over 80."

***What is high blood preassure***
    High blood pressure increases your chance (or risk) for getting heart disease and/or kidney disease, and for having a stroke. It is especially dangerous because it often has no warning signs or symptoms. Regardless of race, age, or gender, anyone can develop high blood pressure. It is estimated that one in every four American adults has high blood pressure. Once high blood pressure develops, it usually lasts a lifetime. You can prevent and control high blood pressure by taking action.

***High blood preassure detection***
    You can find out if you have high blood pressure by having your blood pressure checked regularly. Most doctors will diagnose a person with high blood pressure on the basis of two or more readings, taken on several occasions. A consistent blood pressure reading of 140/90 mmHg or higher is considered high blood pressure, another term for hypertension.

Some people experience high blood pressure only when they visit the doctor's office. This condition is called "white-coat hypertension." If your doctor suspects this, you may be asked to monitor your blood pressure at home or asked to wear a device called an ambulatory blood pressure monitor. This device is usually worn for 24 hours and can take blood pressure every 30 minutes. In this section you will learn more about diagnosing high blood pressure.

***Prevention***
    You can take steps to prevent high blood pressure by adopting a healthy lifestyle. These steps include maintaining a healthy weight; being physically active; following a healthy eating plan, that emphasizes fruits, vegetables, and lowfat dairy foods; choosing and preparing foods with less salt and sodium; and, if you drink alcoholic beverages, drinking in moderation.

***Treatment***
    It is important to take steps to keep your blood pressure under control. The treatment goal is blood pressure below 140/90 and lower for people with other conditions, such as diabetes and kidney disease. Adopting healthy lifestyle habits is an effective first step in both preventing and controlling high blood pressure. If lifestyle changes alone are not effective in keeping your pressure controlled, it may be necessary to add blood pressure medications.

IMO bro, blood preassure is not sometin to play around with. It really can cause serious issues for you. So if you have just the above, I am sure you will be able to answer your own question. Peace out and good luck

-Gear
    Last edited by Gear; 11-12-2003 at 09:33 AM.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Have you had your cholesterol checked? - raised LDL and lowered HDL is a well documented side effect from AAS use. Perhaps the source of your B/P problem comes from your blood cholesterol values.

AAS use doesn't usually effect B/P in most individuals (according to well documented studies using rather high doses) - AAS raiseing B/P is an exagerated effect... although some may be prone to it... but not usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Have you had your cholesterol checked? - raised LDL and lowered HDL is a well documented side effect from AAS use. Perhaps the source of your B/P problem comes from your blood cholesterol values.

AAS use doesn't usually effect B/P in most individuals (according to well documented studies using rather high doses) - AAS raiseing B/P is an exagerated effect... although some may be prone to it... but not usually.
    My cholesterol was a little high last time i had i checked. Around 200 if i remember correctly. Not sure what it is now.

OG

Prot is offline Banned
    200 is not high and has nothing to do with blood pressure. The diastolic reading may be due to increased red blood cells due to equipoise . You can cut back or try a couple of things. First try 12 oz of grape juice a day..it lowers both pressures by about 5 points. Second make sure you are getting enough calcium and magnesiun per day in supplement form I would suggest 1200 mg of calcium at least along with 600 mg of manesium, Only use kind with added vitamin d in it for absorption. Lastly use 3 grams or more of taurine a day ..works wonders at relaxing arterial walls.

Your blood pressure is not life threatening and your anxiety is causing more problems for you than the BP.

Solo is offline Junior Member
    diuretica, ( did I spell correct now?), is very effetive to lower high bloodpressure, but you realy shouln't use it without supervision of a doc.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    What is your sodium intake like? What anti-es are you running? And lastly what is your cycle consisting of?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    And lastly what is your cycle consisting of?
    Is it just cyp/eq?

Da Bull is offline Banned
    I had to go on bp med midway through my current cycle.Some of it had to do with the rapid wieght gain and also I stress out easily.

thxs Prot i will try ur recommendations.

Vette, i dont use alot of salt but i am watching my intake now. Im not taking any anti-e at the moment. And yes jst the cyp and eq.

I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow morning. So i should know more tomorrow. thxs for all ur replys!!

OG

Blog Entries
    IMO, i dont knwo that a doctors appt is completely necessary(if its just for your bp). If you took .5mg ldex EOD and 10mg nolv ED, i would be willing to bet your bp would go down. But you know your body better than anyone else, so im sure you will do what you think is necessary. Good luck!

big N is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 956Vette
    IMO, i dont knwo that a doctors appt is completely necessary(if its just for your bp). If you took .5mg ldex EOD and 10mg nolv ED, i would be willing to bet your bp would go down. But you know your body better than anyone else, so im sure you will do what you think is necessary. Good luck!
    10 grams of taurine ,will help keep it in control,also policocanol,and gerlic extract

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    From my experience and many others as well, AAS do increase BP. There are several mechanisms thought to be involved. Increased plasma volume being one and estrogen retention being another. You can try using an anti-E if you are looking bloated etc. If this is not the case, or the anti E does not cut it, I would get on some meds (your systolic is fine, but the diastolic could be lowered 10 points). First off, you need more than one reading, this does not really tell you much but just a clue. If you don't have a home monitoring kit, might want to invest in one. Make sure it wraps around your arm, and not the finger or wrist ones. Make sure the cuff is large enough. Take readings at least 2-3x/day and at least 3x/week. This will let you get a good average where you stand. If taking care of the estrogen and lifestyle changes don't help, you may want to consider meds. I take them when I go on. There are many good BP meds out there, and I will not go into the pharmacology of them, but I will tell you this: The only 2 BP meds shown to increase survival are beta blockers and ACE-Inhibitors. Not that diuretics aren't effective, or that CCB's aren't effective either because they are. But I really like ACE-Is because they provide more than just BP lowering effects. They are shown to have positive effects on lipids and also have a renal/cardio protective effect. They don't work for everyone, and I am not recommending anything as far as meds go. Just that IMO, you are better off treating HTN with BP meds (after you have exhausted all other options) then to continue to cycle and have high BP. Some may think that it will only be high while they are on cycle, but consider again how long and how many cycles you do. Best advice is to monitor it. Second best advice is to do something if it gets out of control.

johnsomebody is offline Senior Member
    For what little bit it's worth, mine went from 114/60 to 155/82 while on EQ. It's back down now, months later, but it's still not as low as before.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsomebody
    For what little bit it's worth, mine went from 114/60 to 155/82 while on EQ. It's back down now, months later, but it's still not as low as before.

Classic example JS! I know I experience the same effect when cycling. Not everyone will, and it does depend on the AAS used (dose, duration etc.). Now that we are learning more about AAS and their related side effects, we can better prepare and in part, prevent them.

groverman1 is offline Cross Dressing Member
    Great post crane, the most informative post on BP I have ever seen.

Thread Information