dbolkid is offline Junior Member

who here takes anti-depressants?

just a question on why do u take them cause of the steroids or other reasons. i post this cause i have been taking to alot of bodybuilders and 5 out 10 are taking some kind of anti-depressant.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    i like xanax on occasion...helps me to chill out and get f*cked up....it's no worse than drinking a few beers IMO, as long as it's done in moderation of course....are you talking about stuff like paxil and prozac???

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    i take xanax once in a while to fall asleep if I can sleep for at least 8-10 hours. Its the best sleep ever. I also take wellbutrin (zyban's sister-drug). I used to take xanax to party once in a while, but *hearing* about the stuff I did the previous night was not cool.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    i take em, but i dont have a prescription for them...in the suburbs of detroit (mostly the more wealthy neighborhoods) id say 2 out of 3 kids has a prescription for these babies, havn't figured out why yet, buts its crazy...just some insight

LewdTenant is offline Respected Member
    it seems like everyone is on anti-depressents these days. Life is a pimp.

Lewd

yah i agree totally, wtf you have to be depressed about? very confusing to me...this girl im trying to get with right now tells me everyday how she doesn't care if shes dies, her life sucks, etc...its annoying, you live in a huge ass house, rich parents who take care of whatever you need, pay for your schooling, shes intelligent, and on top of everything is gorgeous...i just think the cure is to take her to some less profiting neighborhoods and let her live there a bit, then reaccess her feelings...but back to the topic, i either think depression is being misdiagnosed at exponential rates or the medication is being prescribed to hide the problem rather than fix it...$.02

yea i am talking about paxil and prozac what is xanax.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Ive gone true REAL depressions since i was 13-14. But i dont like the pills. My mom got prescribed pills after a family thing by her shrink. I dont like the way she is know. Doctors are to fast to precsribe that shit!

xanax is an anti-anxiety drug, do a search on www.rxlist.com its a good resource. paxil, prozac, wellbutrin are all anti-d's. I was prescribed wellbutrin for add treatment, but I swapped to adderall and its 100x more effective. When I stopped taking the wellbutrin, i noticed that I was much more irritable. It sounds like a bad situation to be in, but I started taking the wellbutrin again. I got nothing to loose until I'm out.

Rampage i have friends thats been on anti dīs and after not taking them for about 2 weeks they went crazy, thats why i dont like anti dīs. Sides are dangerus.

palme, i actually don't have any side effects because I'm taking 1/2 the recommended dose. 200 mg of wellbutrin is really low and shouldn't have any bad sides or withdrawal. but i know if i was at 400/day I would! its crazy shit, makes you happy and more tolerant to people's bs

adaptations is offline Member
    Originally posted by djdjdjddjon
    yah i agree totally, wtf you have to be depressed about? very confusing to me...this girl im trying to get with right now tells me everyday how she doesn't care if shes dies, her life sucks, etc...its annoying, you live in a huge ass house, rich parents who take care of whatever you need, pay for your schooling, shes intelligent, and on top of everything is gorgeous...i just think the cure is to take her to some less profiting neighborhoods and let her live there a bit, then reaccess her feelings...but back to the topic, i either think depression is being misdiagnosed at exponential rates or the medication is being prescribed to hide the problem rather than fix it...$.02
    Bro you cant exactly CONTROL depression....doesnt matter if your a millionare...live in a huge house, your a lwyer, and drive 4 100k$ cars...
    Its a chemical inbalance in the brain...

Dont be so quick to judge someone....Its out of there control.....

I didnt read the post djdjdj did. You dont know how it is being in our situation bro. So dont judge us. However alot of people have these semi depressions and get pills for it, however they could be threated with other means. Doctors are to fast to write them out.

ceps is offline Junior Member
    Not on 'em, but know a lot about them. I don't think it's just bodybuilders. Depression is very common, and anti-depressants are commonly prescribed drugs. If you look at any group you'll find many who have suffered from depression.

DJ-JuicEe is offline New Member
    I take anti-depressant, about a year ago I was taking celexa, now I have switched to serzone.
    No one talks about until you bring it up. Since I had problems I have to a lot of people I know and it's turns out a lot of them are taking them, and for the most part they are successful people in school, have a job in decent shape. None of them are bodybuilders.
    People can't understand until they are in the situation. I'm in good shape, make money, good looking etc... but I still ending up being depressed for some reason... fucked up... usually hard to find direct cause and it's usually not just one but a combination of things.

Agenor is offline New Member
    shit I know that feeling. Just hooked off a big one. The bigies are always assosiated when I finish the cycle. damn I don't do something good with clomid and hcg . I still don't take antidepressants though it crossed my mind. Before you take one, think- you can be sure that it'll go away in some time. Hanging around with friends and talking to some new girls always help.

celly510 is offline Junior Member
    people need jesus in their lives.

ceps is offline Junior Member
    A little Jesus never hurts, I guess.

what , beat it!

z28man is offline Junior Member
    dj and celly, man you guys obviously have no idea what depression is about. It has nothing to do with status of life or Jesus Christ for that matter. Ive struggled with depression since I was 13 and I honestly have a great life but theres nothing that can cure what I go through on a day to day basis (my thought process). Its like theres a constant storm cloud hovering over your head. Only someone else who suffers with depression can truly relate to what I go through. I have a chemical imbalance, theres nothing I can do about it besides surround myself with others who care about me, talking about my problems, and taking anti-depressants. Personally, Ive been told Im very hard to live with when Im off Paxil. Everything bothers me, pisses me off, or gets me worried. Im like a constant ball of emotion/frustration. When Im on Paxil things are dulled a bit (highs arent as high but most importantly, lows arent as low) but I feel it makes life more tolerable. Its like every problem is the end of the world to someone with depression. I try to throw myself into bodybuilding, my car, college, and my girlfriend to keep myself occupied. Some days are better than others. Talking to a therapist helps somewhat but I dont have time for it and its really something I ultimately have to defeat on my own. Good luck to all you other bros who suffer with the same thing, its not easy, but it can be defeated.

yah i guess not, its just hard to fathom when your not in that position, my mistake...just viewing it from my side of the glass, i didn't bother to look from the other side...regards

hammerhead is offline Member
    For all of you who still don't get it: "Chronic Depression" is a disease of the brain - it's caused by a chemical imbalance. Being depressed from time to time is normal. That's not what we're talking about. A normal person who gets depressed has a reason to be depressed - re-adjusting the mental attitude helps. People who suffer from chronic depression don't have a reason to be depressed. You just are because the neurotransmitters in your brain are depleted. Someone who truly suffers from chronic depression can adjust thier mentality and talk about their feelings all day long and it doesn't work - it's mental masturbation and it's futile.

Paxil, Zoloft, Prozac - the common treatments for depression - will correct the chemical imbalance in your brain. It will do nothing if your brain is normal. It doesn't hurt to give a normal healthy person these medications. You won't notice any effects at all. But if you in fact do have this chemical imbalance it will correct it. Doctors are very quick to prescribe these medications because (1) they won't do anything if you don't need them but they'll do alot if you do (2) the pharmaceutical companies provide all kinds of incentives to doctors who write prescriptions for their drugs

El Kabong is offline New Member
    xanax can actually cause depression if used improperly. It's only for occasional use if you're really stressed.

I've taken celexa for years, also wellbutrin. I think I'm fine now. I was just wacked out before. i don't know how I survived, it wasn't fun. Like someone said, you just don't know until you've been there.

Like antibiotics, I just don't know how people like us got a long without them.

Thread Information