Thread: Bromo

Tom
    Tom is offline Associate Member

Bromo

After My bulking cycle I was thinking of running a fina/prop cycle for the summer. I keep hearing about bromo and have never seen it around anywhere. It seems to be getting more and more poopular. Is it new and has it been proven to stop prog. gyno? and also any clue as to where to find it.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    Here is a study that you may find interesting. Note that Bromocriptine reduces prolactin levels through increased dopamine. This helps prevent gyno by blocking the release of prolactin (may be of interest to 1-test users).

CLINICAL STUDY: Dopaminergic tone and obesity: an insight from prolactinomas treated with bromocriptine
    Mirjana Doknic, Sandra Pekic, Milos Zarkovic, Milica Medic-Stojanoska1, Carlos Dieguez2, Felipe Casanueva3 and Vera Popovic
    Institute of Endocrinology, University Clinical Center, Belgrade, Yugoslavia, 1Clinic of Endocrinology, University Novi Sad, Yugoslavia, 2Department of Physiology and 3Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University Santiago de Compostela, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abstract
    Objective: Recently it has been shown that increased body weight is associated with prolactinomas and that weight loss occurs with normalization of prolactin (PRL) levels. On the other hand decreased dopaminergic tone in humans is well correlated to obesity. The objective of this study was to correlate changes in PRL levels with leptin and body mass index (BMI) in patients with prolactinomas treated with long acting dopamine agonist bromocriptine (BC).

Methods: Eleven female and 12 male patients, aged 36.7±2.6 yrs with BMI males 30.4±1,7 kg/m2 and females 24.4±1.2 kg/m2 were evaluated after one and six months and eleven patients further evaluated after two years of BC therapy. Plasma PRL is presented as mean of four point day curve. Serum leptin is determined in the pooled serum from three samples taken at 15 min interval at 0800h after an overnight fast. Multivariate linear regression and repeated measures analysis of covariance were used.

Results: In males, pre-treatment PRL was 71362±29912 mU/l, while leptin levels was 14.9±1.8 µg/l. In females, pre-treatment PRL level was 11395±5839 mU/l, and leptin level was16.7±2.5 µg/l. At initial presentation sexual dimorphism of serum leptin levels was preserved after adjusting for BMI and prolactin induced hypogonadism. After one month of therapy PRL levels significantly decreased (males: 17618±8736 mU/l, females: 3686±2231; P<0.05), BMI did not change (males: 30.2±1.7 kg/m2, females: 24.1±1.2 kg/m2; P>0.05), while serum leptin levels decreased (males: 12.5±1.5 µg/l, females: 13.6±2.1 µg/l; P<0.05). After 6 months of treatment PRL further decreased (males: 3456±2101 mU/l, females: 677±360 mU/l; P<0.05) as well as BMI (males: 28.6±1.6 kg/m2, females 23.1±1.0 kg/m2; P<0.05). The difference was more pronounced in male patients. Leptin levels were 12.8±2.8 µg/l in males and 12.9±1.8 µg/l in females (P<0.05). After two years of BC treatment, PRL levels near normalized (males: 665±439 mU/l, females 447±130 mU/l; P<0.05) and BMI remained for males 26.5±1.9 kg/m2, and females 23.6±0.8 kg/m2; P<0.05. Leptin levels were 9.5±2.2 µg/l in males and 18.7±3.1 µg/l in females (P<0.05). There was a gradual increase in the gender difference in serum leptin levels over time. Changes in serum leptin levels significantly correlated with changes in BMI (r=0.844, P<0.001) but did not with changes in plasma PRL levels after one (r=0.166), 6 months (r=0.313) and two years (r=0.234, P>0.05).

Conclusion: long acting dopamine agonist,bromocriptine, by increasing dopaminergic tone may influence body weight and likely body composition by mechanism in addition to reducing hyperprolactinemia in patients with prolactinomas.

additional info:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...0&pagenumber=1

http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/...t=ST;f=4;t=164

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    try: www.inhousedrugstore.com 80 bucks, free shipping for a 100 pill bottle. 2.5mg per pill.

I got mine from them, but let me tell you, this shit will knock you on your ass. Be prepared to forcefeed yourself calories. It kills appetite.

thats what it is meant for, appetite reduction. just take less to vary your level of satiety.

found some sick-ass studies...

Targeted disruption of histamine H1-receptor attenuates regulatory effects of leptin on feeding, adiposity, and UCP family in mice.

Masaki T, Yoshimatsu H, Chiba S, Watanabe T, Sakata T.

Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Oita Medical University, Hasama, Japan.

Histamine neurons are widely distributed in the brain and suppress food intake through the histamine H1 receptor (H1-R) in the hypothalamus. To examine the role of neuronal histamine in leptin signaling pathways, we investigated the effects of H1-R knockout (H1KO) mice on both food intake and mRNA expressions of uncoupling proteins (UCPs) as regulated by leptin, and concomitantly on basal changes in both expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides and diet-induced fat deposition in adipose tissues. H1KO mice showed no change in daily food intake, growth curve, body weight, or adiposity. Reflecting no specificity in these parameters, H1KO mice induced no basal changes in mRNA expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides, ob gene, or peripheral UCPs. Loading H1KO mice with a high-fat diet accelerated fat deposition and ob gene expression compared with the controls. Leptin-induced feeding suppression was partially attenuated in H1KO mice, indicating involvement of histamine neurons in feeding regulation as a downstream signal of leptin. Upregulation of fat UCP mRNA and reduction of body fat induced by central infusion of leptin were attenuated in the H1KO mice. These results show that H1KO mice are a novel leptin-resistant model and that H1-R is a key receptor for downstream signaling of leptin in the brain that contributes to regulation of feeding, fat deposition, and UCP mRNA expression.

PMID: 11272151 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

this next one is too long to list, but is good so read it. http://www.acnp.org/sciweb/journal/N...55/default.htm

Tom
    this info is great now the question is how much of it should I take to combat prog gyno from fina? Id run the fina 75mg ed

id start with 1.25 and go up to 2.50 if side effects permit.

adaptations is offline Member
    bromo, your gonna wanna work your way up to the norm dosage....
    the sideeffects can be shitty...so you need to let your body adjust to the drug...

Gucio is offline Junior Member
    are you supposed to take bromo through the duration of the cycle or as soon as you start getting symptoms of gyno.

Lattman is offline Associate Member
    are you supposed to take bromo through the duration of the cycle or as soon as you start getting symptoms of gyno. I second this one?

en1222 is offline Member
    Originally posted by hitmeoff
    try: www.inhousedrugstore.com 80 bucks, free shipping for a 100 pill bottle. 2.5mg per pill.

I got mine from them, but let me tell you, this shit will knock you on your ass. Be prepared to forcefeed yourself calories. It kills appetite.
    If anyone has order from that site please pm me with details.

Tom
    After reading about this I dont think I would put it in the same catagory as Arimidex and nolva. when I say that I mean as a light drug that combats in this case progesterone. It looks like when you take it for that reason other shit gets effected due to the nature of the drug. When I run the fina I think Ill keep the Bromo on hand and only take if needed. Arimidex I take all through my cycles with test needed or not because the side are very light plus besides the gyno it keeps the bloat down. with this stuff Id say take only when needed. Am I right on this or am I being to cautious?

xcelbeyond is offline Junior Member
    I keep seeing everyone say that bromo is for preventing progesterone-related gyno. The article reinforces the fact that it's for prolactin-related gyno.

I know bros that use it as a preventative and others that say it's only effective when fina gyno rears its head.

I was doing a search for bromo as an aid in reducing fat to get below 5% (effective when taken at 5% to help lose an additional 2%). This info was stated in a "list" I have. So I thought I'd check into it. I've been searching several boards and only found people that have used it to "get to" 5%, which can easily be done by diet alone. Anyone here know how to use it to help lose that last 2%???

xcel

Thread Information