GrandmasterSpank is offline Associate Member

Cool Taking Nolvadex on-cycle: is e/o/d okay???

Am currently taking 10mg of Nolvadex every day (on-cycle, just to control gyno), however, I only have the 20mg tabs in stock atm. Now, I know Nolva has a relatively long half-life, so I was thinking it would probably be okay to just take 20mg every other day,- say Mon/Wed/Fri, just to keep things simple and more convenient than splitting them up all the time.

Anyone know of any reason this wouldn't be a good idea???

Cheers!

WARMachine is offline Post Cycle Extraordinaire~GOT PCT?
    Anyone know of any reason this wouldn't be a good idea???
    Because Nolva on cycle effects gains...

And using an AI from the beginning of your cycle is best...

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    if nolvadex is the way your gonna go 20mg eod is alright..

jf24 is offline Junior Member
    why would nolva effect gains at 10 mg not to sure it lowers igf-1 that bad at that dosage anyway explanation would be appreciated

LATS60 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulciber View Post
    if nolvadex is the way your gonna go 20mg eod is alright..
    Exactly mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jf24 View Post
    why would nolva effect gains at 10 mg not to sure it lowers igf-1 that bad at that dosage anyway explanation would be appreciated
    "The claim that Nolvadex reduces gains should not be taken too seriously. The fact is that any number of bodybuilders have made excellent gains while using Nolvadex.

The belief that it reduces gains seems to stem from the fact that the scientific literature reports a slight reduction in IGF-1 from use of Nolvadex. Thus, Dan Duchaine reported that it reduces IGF-1 and therefore reduces gains.

However, if this effect exists at all, it must be very minor, due to the excellent gains that many have made, and from the fact that no one has noticed any such thing from Clomid, which has the same activity profile."

Its basically saying, yes, gains can be effected. How severe are they? Thats up to debate, though no one is gonna argue that you will gain reguardless if you are using Nolva on cycle or not. The question is how much effect will it have? IMO, its better to have some gain sacrifices than to have bitch tits.

Though i still think there are better methods than sitting there and waiting for sides to appear.

IMO it is best to run an AI from the beginning of your cycle and keep estrogen under control from the beginning instead of trying to get it under control when sides already begin to show. Like the method people use when using Nolva on cycle.

On a side note, Nolva on cycle should NEVER be used when including a 19-Nor in your cycle. And Nolvadex will do nothing for any deca induced gyno so there would be no need for it.

Deca causes progesterone induced gyno, not estrogen gyno taking nolva will only worsen your chances of getting progesterone gyno because nolva is known to cause a greater uptake of progesterone at the receptor when u take it. So, if u want to have Deca dick and puffy, lactating nipples then go right ahead.
    Last edited by WARMachine; 11-05-2008 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post
    "The claim that Nolvadex reduces gains should not be taken too seriously. The fact is that any number of bodybuilders have made excellent gains while using Nolvadex.

The belief that it reduces gains seems to stem from the fact that the scientific literature reports a slight reduction in IGF-1 from use of Nolvadex. Thus, Dan Duchaine reported that it reduces IGF-1 and therefore reduces gains.

However, if this effect exists at all, it must be very minor, due to the excellent gains that many have made, and from the fact that no one has noticed any such thing from Clomid, which has the same activity profile."

Its basically saying, yes, gains can be effected. How severe are they? Thats up to debate, though no one is gonna argue that you will gain reguardless if you are using Nolva on cycle or not.

IMO it is best to run an AI from the beginning of your cycle and keep estrogen under control from the beginning instead of trying to get it under control when sides already begin to show. Like the method people use when using Nolva on cycle.

On a side note, Nolva on cycle should NEVER be used when including a 19-Nor in your cycle. And Nolvadex will do nothing for any deca induced gyno so there would be no need for it.

Deca causes progesterone induced gyno, not estrogen gyno taking nolva will only worsen your chances of getting progesterone gyno because nolva is known to cause a greater uptake of progesterone at the receptor when u take it. So, if u want to have Deca dick and puffy, lactating nipples then go right ahead.
    Let me guess, another post/quote from 189

Nope... Thats mine. Except the bolds.

imo,progesterone gyno is rare if it happens at all. i feel progesterone is of no concern in reguards to gyno if estrogen is kept in check

^^^ 100% Agree

IMO it is best to run an AI from the beginning of your cycle and keep estrogen under control from the beginning...

imo,progesterone gyno is rare if it happens at all. i feel progesterone is of no concern in reguards to gyno if estrogen is kept in check
    Totally agree, AI on cycle, save the SERMS for PCT.

Okay, so maybe I don't even need the Nolva (or even an AI) on-cycle,- I'm not quite sure tbo.

I started taking 10mg a day as a pre-caution after reading an e-book by Mick Hart. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into my 1st cycle now and my nipples are frequently erect, like I'm out in the cold, but when I'm not actually cold. So is this a sign of gyno, or just a normal 'nothing-to-worry-about' reaction to heightened Androgen levels?

Quote Originally Posted by war4BTT View Post

seems to me what is being said here is that running nolvadex during a cycle is a non issue.. loss of gains if at all are very minimal , people make excellent gains when using it and the whole issue of loss of gains when using it , and i quote " should not be taken too seriously."

Okay, so maybe I don't even need the Nolva (or even an AI) on-cycle,- I'm not quite sure tbo.

I started taking 10mg a day as a pre-caution after reading an e-book by Mick Hart. I'm about 2 1/2 weeks into my 1st cycle now and my nipples are frequently erect, like I'm out in the cold, but when I'm not actually cold. So is this a sign of gyno, or just a normal 'nothing-to-worry-about' reaction to heightened Androgen levels?
    Edit/Delete Message

seems to me what is being said here is that running nolvadex during a cycle is a non issue.. loss of gains if at all are very minimal , people make excellent gains when using it and the whole issue of loss of gains when using it , and i quote " should not be taken too seriously."

^^^ Yeah thats about the jist of it...

Though i would say that loss of gains, though not guaranteed, is still a possibility.

Which is why IMO its best to run an AI from the beginning in order to keep those estrogen levels under control.

btw, where the hell is the monkey?

THEMEATEATER is offline Associate Member
    I am currently running 10mg nolva ed and have been since the start of my cycle. Before I tried 20mg to see how it would effect gains, and it did, but at 10mg I'm getting on great and my strength and size is going through the roof. I didnt really want to post this at the start of the thread because of people saying "you shouldnt be doing that, use this" etc, etc. imo I find no problems with it at 10mg

btw, if im not mistaken.. nolvadex may have an effect on exogenous IGF-1.. but it's IGF-1 produced locally in muscle that leads to gains.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post

Edit/Delete Message
    So guys, do you think I need to continue with the Nolva in light of the above nipple situation, or could I afford to drop it and see how I go???

Cheers!

thats your call.. i see no problem staying on it.. especially if not running an AI

Quote Originally Posted by GrandmasterSpank View Post

Oh dear, Mick hart........................LOL
    Just kidding, nice guy lives up the road from me, but his ideas are a little dated.
    Great bio, mick, if you read this, much respect.

Is anyone going to give me any advice on the Nolva vs. erect titties situation,....or shall I just go and see Hugh Heffner for next month's spread??? Lol

Lats60, does Mick really live up the road from you? Are his writings legit,- I mean, I know they're a bit dated (Hello, PCT anyone!?), but is all he brags about true, e.g. training so many pros etc etc.??

^^^ LOL

I would keep taking it then bro...

Next time plan ahead, and run an AI thoughout.

Will do bro! Looks like Armidex is the best,...well, it's either that or some nice tassels from Ann Summers! Sheesh!

Thread Information