WorkingOnIt is offline New Member

Question Bro's that roll/grapple

Bro's that roll/grapple/wrestle, what do you do for persistent ring worm/fungus? My trump card (blue star) doesn't seem to want to do it.
    Thanks bro's.

Havvoc is offline Junior Member
    hit up the dermatologist!!! that is what i have/had to do. I have all my boys put this foam shaving cream type stuff on before they wrestle, and it acts like a shield from all that crap, and they are on the mats 3 hours a day 6 days a week, not a single case of the 'worm (that they have told me at least)!!! I'll check the manufacture at practice tommorow and let you know. But, i think my body is immune to all the over the counter crap now, so i get the Rx instead and i works real well. I also heard there is a pill you can take and you can be back and not spreading it within two days.
    sorry so random...oh so tired....need sleepy...
    peace,
    havvoc

WorkingOnIt is offline New Member
    Yeah, I know the foam stuff you're talking about, I used that stuff back in HS wrestling days. I think I could have some access to it, just have to hit up my old coach
    thanks

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i guess i've been lucky and never got any. 1 thing keep mats cleaned and take a shower right after training.i've known people who wait till later to shower.
    the pill is a anti fungi pill called diflucan i believe

MMA Junkie is offline Junior Member
    I agree with Tapout.

Frequently cleaning the mats and showers right after are the key.

FLEX_NuTz is offline Banned
    Same as tapout, never had it. We clean the mats everyday before we even start to stretch before rolling. Right after we hit the showers.

fullback40 is offline Junior Member
    Tapout can atest to the kind of people that would do drop-ins in our class to check out what grappling was about, and also a few of the regular students back a few years ago. It's the "I take a shower every 3rd day" dudes that will give you the fungus or fungi or worms.
    Without showing disrepect to my instructors, I would oblige to grapple these people (who i could smell before I laid a hand on them) and quickly go for a quick tap. Yeah, the mats will carry this too but we would clorox our's down every now and then.

Grappling sweaty dudes is enough but when they are like Pig Pen from the Peanuts gang then I have issues with this.

Workingonit - a good topical is either tinactin drops or a script for something stronger then blue star.

Thread Information