Thread: new member

nativetexan70 is offline New Member
    Blog Entries

Question new member

First and foremost i have had testicular cancer, but have been in remission for three years so i did have surgical removal of the cancerous testical. I am now 21 and i have been on androgel for about 8 months and my sex drive and energy is still on the fritz.
    I am pretty sure Androgel is the only FDA approved steriod and my doctor has never told me about any other options. My testosterone levels were around 460-480 last time i had blood work and my doctor tells me this is within the normal ranges.
    Which sounds good to me but then i question why then is my sex drive and energy still shot and wanted to know if there were any suggestion for me. I was thinking taking arimidex would help boost my testosterone by blocking estrogen receptors and in effect help my sex drive and energy? If anyone has any suggestions i would appreciate reading them.

testa dura is offline Banned
    bro,welcome...........
    personally i think you should see another doctor,,,,,,from what i here andro gel is very weak,and considering you have had one teste removed,id be looking for something like 100mg of sus per week minimum....
    about the a-dex mate i dont know,i would just try a harder hitting testosterone
    did you do kemo????,,,i heard that can through you about,ie energy and such,,,,,
    my old mans been through the same deal,,,,,keep plugging away champ......

Blog Entries
    Well the thing is that i never had a problem with energy right after chemo and my sex drive was awsome. But after i was done taking "Torch" orally about a year after chemo i started to feel this way. I felt good while on "Torch" which i will never take again due to the harm that can be caused to the liver, but after i started too feel the way i have. Im going to tell my doctor that im dissapointed with androgel . its just aggravting because its been like this for almost two years now. when i was feeling great immediatly after chemo.

Blog Entries
    and for sex drive i heard testicular cancer wasnt suppose to effect it and i would agree. but after i put artifical test in my body "torch" i think my one testical wasnt able to reproduce the amount of natural test as it should. Thats my honest guess and i know androgel is ineffective because 8 months of anything will teach you something about itself

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Bro, just a friendly word of advice....Based on my knowledge, very few, if any, members on this board have ANY experience with using any AAS or Anti-Estrogen drugs like Arimidex after bouts with cancer. I'm not sure how many, but this is an area that even less real life experience exists for you to get a solid opinion.

I'd go to 3, 4, or 5 licensed doctors that could tell you what kind of physiological reaction your body might have. Many doctors don't know anything about steroids , but you're bound to find one eventually that can tell you more about your unique situation.

Best of luck to you in your future and I hope you never fall out of remission.

Regards,
    daem

breakbones is offline Senior Member
    Welcome!

Mulciber is offline Scammer
    Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    Bro, just a friendly word of advice....Based on my knowledge, very few, if any, members on this board have ANY experience with using any AAS or Anti-Estrogen drugs like Arimidex after bouts with cancer. I'm not sure how many, but this is an area that even less real life experience exists for you to get a solid opinion.

I'd go to 3, 4, or 5 licensed doctors that could tell you what kind of physiological reaction your body might have. Many doctors don't know anything about steroids , but you're bound to find one eventually that can tell you more about your unique situation.

Best of luck to you in your future and I hope you never fall out of remission.

Regards,
    daem
    totally agree.. best of luck brutha

Blog Entries
    thanks guys

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    You need to have a full blood profile done by an Endo Doctor and they will guide you to the best option, andgrogel is weak and the delivery is poor they are far better options out there.

I use to be on the gels and they didn't do much for me at all, then I went on Test E injection which transform my life and felt 100%, then I tried Nebido which is the best form of HRT ive ever been on and I wouldn't swap this for Pamela Anderson.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Marcus. i have blood done all the time but never fully explained to me by my doctor except the T. I was also just getting some info about a hCG shots from a wellness doctor. i dont really know too much about except that it does something with the lutinizing hormone to help produce more test??? Sounds like an option i might try. But i wonder if it will still be as effective even after 8 months of androgel ? Worth a try!!!

Thread Information