Thread: Nutrition!!!

Sanjuro is offline New Member

Nutrition!!!

Hi there,
    We are what we eat - and this is never more true than it is for bodybuilders. But eating 4,500 calories can be pretty difficult, particularly when you are like me and only get two breaks at work; a lunch break and a 15 minute tea break. How do non proffessional bodybuilders overcome this problem? I did think of purchasing a "weight gain" milkshake and drink that at work instead of coffee, but a lot of people have criticised "weight gain" drinks for merely being a gimic and not really that effective when it comes to putting on the pounds. Do you think they are right? Unfortunately, it can also be quite expensive, especially for someone in the UK like myself, who has to settle for a lower salary than my US counterparts and higher living costs. Incidentally, on average how much do you guys spend a year on steroids ? Where can I get bodybuilding diets from?

Cheers

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    weight gainers worked for me, I dont think there a gimmic.

I work 10-12 hour days with two breaks, in between those breaks I'll have a protien bar and maybe a protien shake if I can. But on those breaks I'll eat 1000-1500 calories. and before work have a protien shake and a small meal

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    how can it be a gimic? its right there on the nutrition label, it says on average what it contains, protein, carbs, fat, = calories, if your consuming what it says then you know what your getting...there is no gimmic...get sufficient calories and watch your gains explode, good luck bro

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    You got that right, there is nothing cheap about eating! All those weight gainers are better than that cup of coffee. Don't get me wrong I can't pass a Tim Hortons unless I already got one in hand.

All of the products out there do have a nutritional label on them as dj replied, however here in Canada they are legaly ollowed to lie up to 17% of what there contents are. I'm not sure about the UK.

It's a full time job just eating!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by IronRuffy

All of the products out there do have a nutritional label on them as dj replied, however here in Canada they are legaly ollowed to lie up to 17% of what there contents are. I'm not sure about the UK.

Where abouts did you get this information? I'd like to see more of it. I don't want to call you a liar but I have trouble believing this.

Aragorn

IronRuffy is offline Associate Member
    My father has a supplement business, wholesale/retail. He is on the Canadian Drug and Health committe. Maybe that statement I made geared more directly toward powders (protien, weight gainers, etc...) But no shit. They have a 17% margin that they stay in. And how many of the thousands of all these nutritional supplies get checked?

Bigk is offline Junior Member
    If you've ever looked at tested supplements you know that their labels are usually more than 17% off, even in the US... I can't remember the site that has some posted.

Thread Information