JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

HGH, HRT, high Insulin and age ?

I did some reading about hgh lowering insulin , here's my question.

I have high insulin, my test said my insulin is at 14.87 (I don't remember if it's iu's or what), it should be between 1-3, so almost five time the high end. I'm on HRT at 200mg e2w, I'm also taking glucaphage. If I was on hgh would this help lower my insulin levels?

I read that hgh, test and insulin is a good cycle, but you can replace the insulin with glucophage.

Does anyone know how to cycle these?

I'm 47

JohnnyB

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    i think thats a question for your doc, he'd probably know more about it, i dont think hgh lowers insulin though, i think it just makes it less effective (insulin sensitivity)[if im not mistaken]and that could probably be a bad thing being that you already produce so much, the reason is probably because your body already doesn't respond well to it so it just keeps producing more and more...good luck bro

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Are you prescribed Glucaphage? Are you a type II diabetic? Are you going to take HGH under a physicians care or is this a personal administration? DJ is right that HGH will lower Insulin sensativity which it sounds like is already a problem you have.

Yes I have a prescription, I'm insulin resistant and I was thinking of self admin.

I was thinking at my age I got use some hgh, to help burn some b/f and add some mass.

JohnnyB

^

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't see any real problem with what you are doing but I would talk to my doc about the potential for increased diabetic problems. I am also not sure Glucaphage will be enough since you already have insulin sensativity problems.

Mastiff is offline Member
    Why don't you try some r-ala? It helps protect the liver and increases insulin sensitivity. There is a theory that exogenous insulin will help protect your beta cells fom damage. They apparently burn out trying to provide the high slin levels you need with slin insensitivity. The injected slin makes it so the beta cells don't have to produce, lowering the damage. I would definitely try something to help protect the beta cells, since growth has been shown to cause diabetes in older men. I think your high readings on slin mean you are getting diabetic already.

Thread Information