kman is offline Anabolic Member

Question anavar during time off

just curious could anavar be taken during your off time to keep some strength, i know it has little sides, and heard good things about it. has anyone tried this with good results, or is it best to take off completly..thanx fellas

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    ok,
    the idea behind a bridge is to keep a little anabolic activity going in your system, while not continually shutting down hpta. in other words, you want to let natural test levels recover, while trying to maintain some of the gains built on cycle.
    i was a big fan of using anavar as a bridge for the very reasons you posted above. until i saw a few posts by rickson and a few others.
    anavar has a half life of roughly 9 hrs. this is way too long to have an anabolic in your system and let hpta recover.
    i believe this is why most people who opt for an oral bridge go with dbol . its half life is only 4 hrs, and if you take the full dose in the a.m., it will still allow hpta to recover nicely, provided the dose isnt real high.
    if it were me, i would opt for the dbol, not anavar...... say 10mg ed all in the a.m......

peace bb79

so basically my recovery on anavar would be too long. so you would rather take dbol as a alternative until your next big cycle..what about the sides of taking dbol alone, i have never taken dbol in any of my cycles, but have heard that it is pointless by itself.thanx for the info bro

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Kman,
    It is important that you understand you are doing a bridge and not a cycle. The low amount of dbol you are taking in the morning is meant to keep you from becoming catabolic while recovering from a cycle. It also helps to prevent some of the more frustrating sides of a cycle crash such as depression and impotence. Don't expect to gain during the bridge. As explained by BB79, Dbol is Ideal because of its short half life and the fact that when taken in the morning it mimicks the bodies natural test spike thus not causing the body to use a negative feedback loop and shut down test production. A dbol cycle is not usually ideal but a dbol bridge seems to work very well.

thanx rickson, how many mg do you take in the a.m. and for about how long. lets just say i plan on taking about 3 months off i don't think it would be safe to stay on that long do you.. appreciate the info..

Thread Information