Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plucks

Thread: Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking steroids?

russian_rucker is offline New Member

Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking steroids?

I've been told that you shouldn't drink alcohol while you are on steroids . If you do, then you would just piss them right out. Is this true? If it is, what types of steroids is this true for? I only ask because I'm about to start my first cycle and I would really hate to give up my beer drinking.

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Is it safe? Possibly. But it's definitely not smart. Most bros on here do indeed drink on occasion, but not in excess. It will set you back by harming your gains and your workout intensity, which is crucial to your gains. Generally speaking, 'beer drinking' as a habit will limit your gains/workouts, regardless of your cycle. But if you are dedicated to training, your gonna have to sacrifice drinking often if you want to see good gains.

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    As stated by my stupid drunk ass post a few minute ago.. NO it isn't... absolute and Roids don't mix.....

bigceps is offline New Member
    If you are also using dianabol or anadrol , you can put lots of stress on your liver.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    i agree with bigceps.. i don't drink until i stopped my orals. and even after that i still might only drink 1 beer per week with my friends. better not to drink and keep gains. then to be a drunk little guy...Madmax

hammerhead is offline Member
    Is it safe? NO

Can you do it and still get gains? MAYBE

Will I die if I drink alcohol on a cycle? PROBABLY NOT

Will I gain more muscle if I drink alcohol on a cycle? NO

Will it hurt my gains? YES

Is it a smart idea to drink anything at all while i'm on a cycle? NO

5minsforfighting is offline Associate Member
    I also found that my fuse is shorter when im on booze and roids at the same time ... so i dont like to mix either regardless of what it does to my body ... Also im a hard gainer and after a night of boozing i can drop anywheres from 3-7 pounds in one night depending on how much i drink ...

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by hammerhead
    Is it safe? NO
    I don't think its always dangerous to drink while on a cycle. Depends on the cycle, whether there are orals, the person's self-control, the amount that is drank.

This guy said that he's a beer drinker, so if he downs one beer with some buddies one time, it shouldn't cause harm imo. If I'm wrong about this, please let me know. I still drink some liquor once in a while (maybe a few shots every 2 weeks possibly).

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    as long as you don't drink on 17aa roids like d-bol and winny, you will be ok physically, but you will definitely hinder your gains...

Gucio is offline Junior Member
    even drinking while your on the orals shouldnt do anything to you as long as your drinking once in a while and and not over doing it or going past the point of intoxication. its okay to get a little buzz going once in a while, a beer and a couple of shots wont hurt nobody.

everything in moderation even moderation.

I wouldn't risk it...

Even a few drinks can't be that good for you medically when mixed with gear...

And since gear messes up our normal hormonal balance, add "many" drinks and you become a disaster waiting to happen.

Just do like I did last nite at the pub... tell the waiter "sorry I'm on medication plus I'm the designated driver, I'll have a glass of OJ please"... ended having OJ on the house all evening for being the DD

Red

web03 is offline Associate Member
    i drank on my last cycle because of some "big" events and I didnt see the harm in it but i definitely didnt get as good of gains as I previously had with my other cycle. I would recommend it.

plucks is offline Junior Member
    SO my next cycle shouldn't be cabo wabo/dbol /sus/winny. Well guess i need to rethink it again.
    fiddlefiend likes this.

CaptainCaveMan is offline New Member
    all of the above are true, plus it ups estrogen levels. BOOBIES Ahoy!!!

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    I wouldn't risk it...
    if youre going to cycle, and youre hitting the weights hard, diet is in check and youre getting plenty of rest, why mess it all up with even a few drinks.....

imho, i wouldnt risk it either, and its a total waste of all the hard work too. sorry if i sound like im preaching.....im not. i just dont want all my hard work and dedication to wind up at the end of an empty bottle.

peace bb79

showtime is offline Junior Member
    i also heard that drinking will put you in a catabolic state for like 36 hours, so i wouldn't drink too much period while lifting or your just pissing your gains away.....just my .02

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Keep it simple......don't do it!!!!

2timer is offline Senior Member

what about herbs?

I was wondering smoking herbs bad with cycles?

Thread Information