Thread: elbow pain

massmaker is offline Junior Member

elbow pain

im curently just starting week seven of a eq, test eth, and winny cycle. my question is. i have been having horrible elbow pain that is starting to affect my workouts.. any suggestions that i could do to stop this.. does it have anything to do with the juice?

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    Winny can sometimes cause joint pain, especially in higher doses...

Did you injury your elbow in the past, or is this just starting to happen?

Also I find that Deca heals almost any nagging injury for me, you name it... Elbow, shoulder, knee... Always works wonders for me...

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Buff it is most likely the winny causing joint pain. That is one of the reasons winny is coupled with decca so often.

McBain is offline Member
    Could try some DMSO works wonders for my wrist and elbow.

bowser is offline Associate Member
    yeah the winny seems to dry your joints out. i have had the same problem before. try these two things that you can get at gnc. one is Glucosamine sulfate w/ Chondroitin. This will help to lube the joints. also some shark cartlidge. This seem to have helped me after i had the same problems with winny. let me know if it helps you. Good Luck

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    50mg of Vioxx ed bro, hit your doc get some samples, and get a script. I has shown to be as effective as codeine, percocet, without the narcotic side effects or the GI problems. Give that a try, if you dont wanna go to the doc try up to 2400mg of Advil dosed at 800mg three times ed. Do not take 2400mg at once! That's the max dose your suppose to take, but be careful not to run too long. That can really screw up your stomach. Good luck

McBain is offline Member
    Advil and vioxx merely mask the problem. I would advise against this as the problem could be serious. Also I'd like to mention that studies are coming out that vioxx is not as safe as they originally thought. I remember reading an article on it, I'll see if I can dig it up.

Originally posted by McBain
    Advil and vioxx merely mask the problem. I would advise against this as the problem could be serious. Also I'd like to mention that studies are coming out that vioxx is not as safe as they originally thought. I remember reading an article on it, I'll see if I can dig it up.
    I'd like to see that study/ Article bro, Last I heard there was a 17,000 patient trial proving a 62% reduction in GI events (presented at the American College of Rhuematology last week) "New Data from 20 Studies with More Than 17,000 Patients Showed a 62 Percent Reduction in Confirmed Upper-GI Events with Vioxx® Versus Non-Selective NSAIDs

NEW ORLEANS, Oct. 25, 2002 -- VIOXX (rofecoxib), Merck & Co., Inc.'s arthritis and pain medicine, significantly reduced by 62 percent the incidence of confirmed upper-gastrointestinal (GI) perforations, ulcers and bleeds (PUBs) compared to four widely used non-selective non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) in an analysis combining data from 20 clinical trials of more than 17,000 arthritis patients. This analysis updates the original, pre-specified analysis that included eight of the 20 trials. Researchers are presenting this updated analysis here tomorrow at the 66th annual scientific meeting of the American College of Rheumatology"

- bleeds,, hummm. Sorry you must have read the article wrong bro. This drug has excellent data with regards to GI safety. Renal (Kidney) sides are the same as Advil. Celebrex proved that they were no better in GI saftey. I do agree that it could mask the problem, but for relief of pain it is a better option than a lot of others. BTW if he goes to his doctor to get samples I would assume he would ask the doc to take a look at it. Nothing can take the place of a doctors visit.
    Last edited by Jdawg50; 11-18-2002 at 11:02 PM.

McBain is offline Member
    The sides were not related to what you mentioned. They were mainly speaking about recovery time from injuries taking longer if the person uses vioxx during their recovery period.

Orthopedic recovery? There are two studies one that says it can effect recovery time another that says it does not, both were in rats, and small trials Less than 100 patients. Try me, I know this data like the back of my hand.

McBain is offline Member
    The one I am thinking of was on humans....let me see if I can dig it up. I am unsure what exactly you mean by orthopedic recovery but basically say you tore a ligament in your hand, if you took vioxx it would take longer for the ligament to heal then if you didn't take vioxx. That was what the study concluded. But let me see if I can find the details as I read this about 7 months ago.

Vioxx, Celebrex, Ibuprofen, Naproxen are all anti-inflamtory drugs. The dif between Vioxx/ Celebrex vs. Ibu or nap. is that Vioxx is a cox-2 specific inhibator. They both inhibit prostaglandin synthesis, and can reduce inflamtion like Ibu or Nap. However, Vioxx will only blox the cox-II ennzyme thus leaving the cox-I enzyme alone. This allows the stomach to do its normal housekeeping activities. When you block both cox-1 and cox-2 you reduce inflamation, but also disallow the stomach from protecting itself. This is why people often bleed from IBu etc. Some doctors argue that some inflamation after an injury is good for the healing process. However the data on this is still out. There is by no means any difinative answer as to whether or not these drugs reduce healing time.

Another thing to consider is that when a patient is feeling better they are more willing to take the nessesary steps to start their own recovery. So the arguement may be null. If a patient feels better on Vioxx they may get up and out of bed quicker than if they were not taking this anti-inflamatory drug. This drug has been proven to get people up and out of bed faster than using placebo. There is a lot to be said for that.

Bottom line is this massmaker needs to see a doctor if things are bad enough that they effecting his workouts. Let the doctor decide what to do from there. Vioxx may be a great option, but that's up to the physicain to decide.

Love to see the article, if it was in newsweek/ New York Times I will take it for what that's worth. If its in a respecitable journal then lets talk.

Thread Information