G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!

Question Injection Contradiction

What's up bro's. I'm looking for some info, I've been getting all kinds of crazy info from my buds. The latest one is that you only need a 1" for your glute. I've always seen 1 1/2".
    They said that 1 1/2" will damage the muscle tissue. I thought that it was called intramuscular for a reason?

Anyways, just need some input, I'm still about 2 months out before I'm deciding to start mine so I have some time for research.

My bud used 1" 21 g for his quad, and since we heard that only 1" for glute. All the ones we have are 21g also.

juiceon is offline Associate Member
    I've read the deeper the better, but I have used 1" for the glutes. One important factor may be the amount of fat on your ass, because you have to penetrate that as well obviously. Pinch the fat at the injection spot and see how thick it is (1/2 of that will take up needle length for sure. Then you still have to penetrate the glute. I prefer using 1.5 inch anyway, just for peace of mind.

I thought that the deeper the better too but he told me that as long as it gets in there it doesn't matter.

Different strokes I guess.

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    If it doesn't get in there. It's stuck in your fatty tissue, your ass swells and gets red...and hurts like a bitch for a while...or so I've heard.

Moral of story, get 1.5's. Tell him you know your shit, and he knows jack.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    NEW RULE:

Your friends are always wrong. The board is always right.

Actually, not all the time, but in the majority of cases.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    NEW RULE:

Your friends are always wrong. The board is always right.

Actually, not all the time, but in the majority of cases.
    Got it, friends wrong, board right... See, I knew it!!! My friends were wrong about that chick I took home when they said she looked like a fuckin' sea donkey! Yeah, wait 'till I tell them!

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    my BF% is always pretty low, and i am a puss when it comes to needles, so i always use a 1 inch, 23 gauge for injections. 1 1/2 is fine though. 21 guage is to big !

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Dont be scurred Kev , i use a 23X1.5 for all my shots all sites all the way in

I know that everyone on the board seems to preffer 23g or 24g, but everyone over here that I know uses 21g. I used the 21 g when I did my tiny 4 week cycle and it didn't seem to bother me any. My bud is complaining about pain in his leg from the 1" 21g though, that may be too big for the leg you think or no?

jrock34 is offline Associate Member
    i think that chick is too big to be on this board anymore

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    That THING is disgusting!!! But whatever gets you off...

LOL, fine, I'll change the AV but I'll still need to leave you with her Maybe my buds were right??? Nahhh....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Injection Contradiction-terroristdeath.jpg  

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    someone please delete that!

Psycoswole is offline Member
    Id sleep with that chick for 100$, what about you guys?

baby mac is offline Associate Member
    100 bucks hmmm..... I would have to think about it. Im kinda short on money right now. Wait, the more I think about it the sicker i feel , oh hell....

CYCLEON Guest
    thats just not riiiiiiight - Besides i thought it was against his religion to eat pork?

Black Stang is offline Associate Member

OMG that's sick!!

$100, a $1000, no way! I just don't have the stomach for it.

cgriffin12 is offline New Member

size

i am on my first cycle and i use 18g 1.5in needles for my injections and my ass feels fine.

CYCLEON Guest
    18g?????!!!!!!!! are you a whale? that is a harpoon!! 18g is usually used to draw it up, try a 23g next time to inject (transfer it from 18g) - oterhwise, scar tissue is in your future

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member

Re: size

Originally posted by cgriffin12
    i am on my first cycle and i use 18g 1.5in needles for my injections and my ass feels fine.
    I used an 18 once... notice only once... dude use 22 or 23. Trust me on that one.

The Iron Game Guest
    if you read the insert on the amp or vial it will say for Deep Intra Muscular injection. Certain steroids need to be injected deeper than others. Whether or not you inject 1 or 1.5 will matter on your bf but I wont be doing less than 1.25 inches on my ass. I defintely notice a difference between 1 and 1.5 inches when doing the glute. Less pain, lump or swelling.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool And the answer is . . .

Whatever goes into the muscle.

For what it's worth, here are the manufacturer recommendations on a couple of drugs . . . The physician product literature for Delatestryl (test enanthate , which is oil based) recommends using a 20 g. 1-1/2" needle in the glute. In fact, Bristol Myers Squibb markets a single-dose form of Delatestryl (for those who are too lazy or are unable to use the multi-dose vial) which uses a 20 g. 1-1/2" needle. (The single-dose form is outrageously expensive, which is why most people just buy the vials.)

One manufacturer of cyanocobalimin (the injectable form of Vitamin B12, which is water based) recommends using a 22 g. needle (length not specified, although many physician offices use 5/8" for thin delts and 1" for arms with a lot of fat or muscle tissue).

In both cases, you can use smaller needles. My physician's office uses a 25 g. 5/8" needle for most B12 shots, but when I recently got an annual flu shot they used a 25 g. 1" needle because I'm more bulked up than the mostly senior citizens who get flu shots. (FWIW, if you do AS at all, I highly recommend getting an annual flu shot, regardless of your age.) When I do my own B12 shots, I use a 25 g. 1" needle in the delts, and it's no problem.

On oil-based solutions, you will have no resistance with a 22 g. needle, some resistance with a 23 g. needle, and even more resistance with a 25 g. needle. But, in all cases, the solution will go through - you simply do a slower "push." I wouldn't try anything above a 25 g. The larger the numebr, the smaller the needle, and the smaller the needle, the more resistance when pushing the plunger. But there's no reason you should ever have to use an 18 g. needle for the actual injection (unless, of course, you're a masochist).

As for length, I concur with the majority: Use 1-1/2" for glutes and 1" for delts and quads. If you work out at all, I would stay away from the 5/8" length used by some physician's offices; remember, you want to go into the muscle, not next to it - that's the whole meaning of intramuscular.

Thread Information