EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Exclamation We're not doctors

I've seen a lot of threads lately with questions regarding possibly serious medical problems. Please keep in mind that while members here might have experience with similar symptoms, their advice shouldn't replace the diagnosis from a licensed professional.

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Good post, I do give a lot of suggestions regarding medical issues, but almost always suggest that you see your doctor (If I have not in the past in some of my posts, I will definatly in the future). Nothing can take the place of a doctor.

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    amen to that.....

Canadianjuicer is offline New Member
    You'd think this is obvious but I guess not. Quite responsible of you to point that out EXCESS. Always looking out. Thanks.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    Bump

Aragorn

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I totally agree! Self diagnosing and medicating is risky business.

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i agree
    if i was a dr i would have lost my licenses years ago with all the mistakes i've made

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I see alot of people have missed this thread. BUMP.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I will add a quick bump as well. We all give and recieve advise, and I'm sure all of us at one point have advised on subjects that we're not totally educated on(myself included). Point being every person needs to take resposibility to have themselves checked out by a medical PROFESSIONAL if their concerns are legitamate no matter who they got input from on an internet board.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    It's an excellent point EXCESS. HOWEVER, I find, with things like injection problems, joint pain, etc. it is often good to ask here first. A couple days won't kill you and may save you a tedious and embarrassing trip to the doc. I konw that sounds like bad advice but it isn't usually. In the past, whenever I have had injection pain I always went to the doc though they really never knew much and I had found out way more from the boards and from people who had had the same problmes with the same stuff. I'm not saying don't go to the doc, I'm simply saying use your judgment. With injection pain, you will KNOW if it is infected. There is no mistaking it like with gyno symptoms. With joint pain, you could be going too heavy for too long, it could be winny sides, etc. These are all things the doc isn't going to be able to help with much. Normally, docs don't know anything about AS and usually they advise based on things they do know and usually get it wrong. Every time I have gone for injection pain, the doc has prescribed me anti-inflammatories and antibiotics. In both cases, all the spot needed was a few more days to heal. Anyways, go to the doc, but don't spook yourself out. I realize I sound like a moron based on my recent leg posts but I think I did the right thing which was essentially nothing but bitch. Nothing I could do but wait it out. For me, I get anxiety attacks really easily and rather than go pester a doctor who can't do anything I come on here to bother you guys when I really do know what is going on even though there is always a small doubt. Whatever, take your shots assholes.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Mental patient formerly known as Nathan
    I realize I sound like a moron based on my recent leg posts...
    lol

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    totally agree

Bump

testprop is offline Associate Member
    I'm not a doctor yet!

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Re: We're not doctors

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I've seen a lot of threads lately with questions regarding possibly serious medical problems. Please keep in mind that while members here might have experience with similar symptoms, their advice shouldn't replace the diagnosis from a licensed professional.
    Bump

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Word!

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    BUMP that!!

still growin is offline Member
    bump

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Well said. We do not wan't to make anyone think we replace any sort of medical attention. We can help you find information on things you need to know about but sometimes you just plain need a real Doctor.

Stay safe my brothers and sisters. Lets all stay in the game a long time and be OLD BB'ers

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm not a doctor but,

if any girls need a breast exam i'm qualified to "handle" that procedure

Baldguy is offline New Member
    Bump

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Great freaking post Xcess. I have to agree with Nathan however, I do like to come here, to see what other people have experienced, and found with certain things. As always I tend to get great advice from this board. Course doing some research on your own helps as well. With that said, I feel that there is no replacement for your family physician. Be smart, it is okay to ask something here, but consider that again as Xcess has stated we are not doctors here, jsut folks with alot of experience with AS...

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    bump again....it's worth it!

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    I have to agree with Nathan however, I do like to come here, to see what other people have experienced, and found with certain things.
    Yep, I agree too. Advice from experienced members is what this board is all about, but some people don't know where to draw the line.

That lump making you sore? Ask for advice. That lump making you sick? Time to see a doctor.

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    Yep, I agree too. Advice from experienced members is what this board is all about, but some people don't know where to draw the line.

That lump making you sore? Ask for advice. That lump making you sick? Time to see a doctor.
    Good call.

Originally posted by Juice Junkie
    WHOOOOH!!!!! I am not a doctor..... but I did sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night.
    Thats good enough for my approval. Fellow members, please PM Juice Junkie with all of your questions about nasty shit like milky nipples and athlete's foot. He'll be glad to assist you.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats good enough for my approval. Fellow members, please PM Juice Junkie with all of your questions about nasty shit like milky nipples and athlete's foot. He'll be glad to assist you.

WOOOOHOOOOO

Hey JJ can I get a script for some antibiotics...I got this rash.

Thread Information