SkinnyJ is offline New Member

Juice then vs. now

I hope this isnt a newbie question or anything but I was thinking about body builders look now versus then in the 70's and 80's. I dont see a lot of the roid belly or round faces in pictures back then. I know everybody wants more mass and water retention helps but what were people taking then? Im asking because I know Ill do a cycle sooner or later and I really dont want to retain a bunch of water. Thanks.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

seemed to be

dbol and primo

mrdraco is offline Junior Member
    Lower doses overall.

Even Ahnuld complains about the doses used today.

Trevor is offline Associate Member
    The "roid belly" you are talking about on bodybuilders today is due to the use of growth hormone . Bodybuilders in the 70's and 80's on average did not use near the amount of juice as pros use today. It just keeps getting higher and higher and it will have to stop sooner or later when people start killing over dead on stage. This is just my opinion and others are welcome to comment on what i have said.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I say a video of arnold when he was working out he was huge no big belly six pac big arms and huge chest it just stuck out thats how i want to be anyone know what he use to take, and does anyone know why growth hormones does that to the gut.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Juice then vs. now-arnold.jpg  

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    and does anyone know why growth hormones does that to the gut.
    Growth Hormone effects more than just muscles to increase in size. Your organs respond as well (including vital oragans such as the heart and kidneys). As well as acromegaly, or a noticable thickness in bones (like the infamous square jaw).

I've heard people say its the insulin inconjunction with the GH that causes the belly, not the GH alone.

Either way, i can show you pics of arnold in the offseason where he is pretty bloated. If you have his auto bio, theres one of him standing next to some soccer player where his head is the size of a pumpkin.

Br

desert rat is offline Junior Member
    It is supposedly the insulin causing fat builup not GH or else the combo. Arnold probably took dbol , primobolan , some test, I'll bet in slightly higher dosages than he admits but still low compared with today. No GH, insulin, IGF-1, or other freaky drugs that make youhuge butook like shit.

Thread Information