F'nJact is offline Junior Member

Question about burcitis and AAS usage

recently ive been having some pain in my lfet shoudler while wokring out, i posted earlier about it to see if deca might help out but i decided it would be best to go to the orthopedist and let him look at it. i just go tback form the office and he diagnosed me with burcitis, basically just inflamation. that doesnt scare me but some of the other things he said kind of have me questiong my useage of aas. he told me my shoulder is sitting low in the socket, showed me on the xray how it shoudl be sitting up alittle higher and he says this may be due to using heavy weights in the gym, which in turn is causing some irritation of my ligaments, and in the long run, along with the somthing else goin on in there that may be causing some increased aggrivcation of the joint, may lead to arthritis. he told me its up to me whether or not i keep lifting, i took a week off and am going to hit up the gmy today and see how eerything feels. but im mid cycle, and was supposed to start fina yesterday (held off to see what the doc said). could steroids be the cause of all my probelms? are my ligaments and tendons not strong enuff to keep up with my major strength gains??? i know fina is going to cause some huge gains in strength, so is this going to make my shoudler even worse? i wish i couldve asked my doctor, lol, but i didnt have the balls to tell him i was taking anything. maybe im just bugging out, burcitis isnt that bad, and im not even sure if its going to bother me much today at the gym. i donno if any of u guys can help, but if u happen to know anyhting about problems liek these or have had experience with such symptons, please gimme some feedback. im at the point where i am thinking of throwing in the towel, starting clomid and selling the rest of my stuff. i donno what to do

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    You need to find a good physiotherapist, preferably one that works with atheletes. He/she will examine you and eliminate certain exercises from your gym work which may aggravate or further worsen your shoulder injury. A shoulder strengthening regimen will also be prescribed which usually consists of rotation, stablilty and isometric exercises. Since you have had an orthopedist evaluate your condition be sure to take your x-rays to the physiotherapist. Have the docs office send them to physio clininc on your behalf. Don't sell your stuff yet buds, many docs are anti-weightlifting cause they believe it will only fuck you up in the long run. Many bros have had and came back from far worse injuries.

im def not going to stop lifting, my question is more along the lines of will continuing my current cycle, )i happen to be in the 5th week of eq, should be starting fina and winny now) do any extra damage to my shoulder do to strnegth gains which may stress ligaments and tendons....???

bump....can someone please gimme some advice

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    Quitting your cycle now would be a waste IMO.
    Continue your cycle as planned but pay close attention to your shoulders during workouts. I have some old injuries that prevent me from nearing max on many exercises so I just lift a weight which is comfortable. I also use slower reps for many exercises.

Thread Information