Polska is offline Anabolic Member

two weeks off, what to expect?

I am heading on a two week vacation to Europe in a month, and one of the things I am worried about is the gym.

I just came off a cycle, so what do you guys suggest I do to maintain muscle mass? I usually take a week off every two months of solid training and don't lose any mass or strength.

This will be the first time I'll be absent from the gym longer than a week. What can I expect? I won't have access to a gym while abroad so what basic excercises can I perform to keep muscle deterioration to a minimum? Can I expect a drastic reduction in strength and / or size from just 14 days of inactivity? I shouldn't say inactivity because I'll be doing a lot of snowboarding.

Any bros that have been in similar shoes please comment, thanx

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would suggest body weight exercises to keep off detraining. There are many you can do in your hotel room.

The key is to keep the muscles stimulated so less of a breakdown occurs. muscle catabolism is the first effect of detraining - loss of size. Slow-twitch will start to lose their force producing capabilities which can be dramatic for advanced athletes. Fast-twitch take awhile longer to be effected.

Also natural levels of Testosterone fall as a result of detraining - which post cycle can be... well, NOT GOOD! So make sure you also have a good anchillary schedule. You may want to look into some Tribestan and/or Actebolan II. Or perhaps a D-bol bridge until you can resume your normal trianing schedule.

Typically a one (sometimes two week) break is good if you have been training hard for quite sometime and becoming overtrained. But taking a break right after a cycle wouldn't be right... better after your body resumes normal hormonal balance.

What was your cycle and when was your last shot?

Warrior, Deca /D-bol was the last cycle, last shot was on the 14th of February, a week and a half ago. I am starting clomid 5th of December, I am scheduled to leave Dec. 22. I can still take clomid while abroad. My main concern is losing mass, I know two weeks isn't *too* long of a break so maybe I am getting paranoid? I am off the cycle now and still lifting good, no catabolic effect as of yet

oops typo. 14th of this month *November*, not February

AGGRESION CREW is offline New Member
    HEY HOW DID THAT DECA DBOL STACK WORK FOR YOU I JUST GOT MY GEAR AND LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT..WHAT GAINS DID YOU MAKE BENCH INCREASE..BODY WEIGHT ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED BRO

AC.. I loved the stack. I ran it light, at 20mg dbol /ed and 400mg deca /wk. Gained approx. 15 lbs in 5 weeks w/ very little water retention. My bench went from 210 for 6 to 275 for 6. I am off almost two weeks now and only down about 2 lbs, but it's not noticable in the mirror. I look bigger, if anything.

Warrior mentioned a possible D-bol bridge until I can resume training. I read it shouldn't hinder HTPA recovery if taken in am only.... but I am assuming a bridge is only beneficial if training is done in the AM while the d-bol is still in the system to combat any catabolic effect(s) while coming off. Since I am not going to be training for two weeks would a bridge still be beneficial for me?

Warrior? anyone?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Polska
    Warrior mentioned a possible D-bol bridge until I can resume training. I read it shouldn't hinder HTPA recovery if taken in am only.... but I am assuming a bridge is only beneficial if training is done in the AM while the d-bol is still in the system to combat any catabolic effect(s) while coming off. Since I am not going to be training for two weeks would a bridge still be beneficial for me?

Warrior? anyone?
    That would be the best way to do it, IMO. 10mg every morning - breakfast of champions. It won't suppress you - and it will help keep off detraining. I would do it with some Acetabolan II, Tribestan or Tribex.

But I'll BUMP this for ya to hear what others think about using D-bol bridging to keep weight while not able to train hard.

goldenear is offline Associate Member
    It could still benefit you but it will never allow for complete HPTA recovery regardless of half-lives. You've got to expect some atrophy if you don't train for 2 weeks, especially after a cycle.

either way i am gonna lose something... looks like i can't have my cake and eat it too :P

Thread Information