Thread: depression

bamaboy is offline New Member

depression

i'm in my seventh week of a deca /test cycle and feel like i'm crashing. i had severe mood swings (temper) in the first few weeks but now feel as if i'm losing total control of everything. i'm in a deep depression all of the time and am in an emotional whirlwind. my training is going fine but out of the gym i'm losing it !! is this normal with (as) or am i just losing my mind ??????
    please respond >>>>>>>>>>>

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    side effects are different in everyone. One of the sides is depression how long is your cycle going to last. I know when im in a heavy cycle i get depressed, paraniod and always tired just try to take it easy and find somone you can talk to when things get bad use this board for what its suppose to be help and support anyone of us will be more than happy to talk to you.

nymattyk is offline Member
    i dont know about the depression but when i was cycling sust/deca i would rage all the time (mostly while i was driving). it kinda comes with the territory, hence the term "roid rage ". as far as the depression, just look in the mirror and admire the gains youve made, should cheer you up

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Alot of times steriod users see them selves as smaller than they are its like a reverse anorixia theres this huge guy and when they look in the mirror they see this skinny wimp like me

4plates is offline Banned
    i agree it could be that you not happy with your gains.but im sure that youve gained alot on that cycle.most users wont see the gains(or expected gains)but ask someone who hasnt seen you in a while and i bet their jaw will hit the ground.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    It happened to me last year. I felt like shit and it got so bad i didnt want to eat or train.Which made things worse. Hang in there bro but if it gets bad go see your doc he can maybe give you soemtng for it

THE JU-ICE is offline Associate Member
    It happens. Like the other guys said, look at yourself. Find a picture from before . Youll feel better right away.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i think we can all feel you on this one bro, from one angle are another. its kind of contradictory, but when all of this being big/bodybuilding stuff gets me kind of loopy feeling i take comfort in being a part of it. i look at my mags, think how much i cant wait to look like dorian , revamp my workout routine, EAT, watch pumping iron, AGAIN!, flex in the mirror, get on the board. focus on being big bro, it will bring you back to feeling like a superhero everytime you think about your next injection!

if i can ever help you out bro, just let me know.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Think Bialaterally . . .

There are two angles from which to approach the notion of depression when you're doing a cycle. Most of the guys have covered the first - the psychological angle of wanting to be bigger and more bulked. And while you have probably made some gains, you may be at a plateau. In which case, accept it. Seriously, bro, genetics play a factor (as well as height, build, etc.) and some guys won't bulk as much as others. In which case we get into a deeper challenge - accepting yourself for as far as you can go.

In other words, WWF/WCW is not the ideal, nor even acheivable, for everyone, nor does it have to be. Look at the gains (whether literal or figurative) that you have made, and be damn proud of them.

The second factor - the physical factor, especially since you're on a deca /test cycle, is to recognize that some drugs - especially the test - have a "peak and valley" effect. Testosterone peaks in your system at 24-48 hours, then continues to ebb over the next 7-14 days (depending on the type of test you're taking). It is very common to feel pumped for the first couple of days after an injection, then feel both down and depressed as the test is wearing off, kind of like a progressive lethargia that comes on a week or so later and seems to get worse until you've had your next boost.

If that's the case, your best bet is to split your shots. Even the American College of Endocrinology clinical guidelines have acknowledged that smaller, more frequent shots will help avoid the highs-and-lows effect that test often causes. For people who take test medically, the usual dose is 200 mg. of enanthate or cyp every two weeks. The ACE guidelines suggest doing 100 mg. per week to avoid the type of depression you are describing. If you are doing test for BB purposes (meaning that you are probably doing higher doses), simply split the doses into smaller, more frequent injections. That will "even out" the effect and help prevent the mood swings you are experiencing now.

Finally, and this goes back to the psychological factor - take a second to step back and smell the coffee. "Roid rage " is often an excuse for busting a temper nut that you would have busted even without the roids. Are there any other stress-related factors in your life right now (school, job situation, family or romantic relationships)? If so, try to rationally begin to deal with them, recognizing that no problem goes away overnight. AS use is something you do to accomplish a goal, not to escape from a problem, just as lifting weights or working out is something you go to rather than a mechanism for you to escape from something else.

And if you feel the need to bitch along the way, do it here. Many of us have been there, dude, and you can know that you do have our support.

Tekto is offline Junior Member

Hope you help me too in my first cycle...

EXCELLENT TNT!

Hey bro, Im planning on doing 600mg test in my first cycle, doing 300mg two times a week. Do u think I should take more shots to avoid this up and down that the test could give me?
    Last edited by Tekto; 11-13-2001 at 03:14 PM.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Re: Hope you help me too in my first cycle...

Originally posted by Tekto
    Hey bro, Im planning on doing 600mg test in my first cycle, doing 300mg two times a week. Do u think I should take more shots to avoid this up and down that the test could give me?
    It depends on the type of test. If you're doing enanthate or cypionate (the only types that are legally manufactured in the U.S.), which come in 200 mg. per ml, I'd recommend injecting no more than 200 mg. at a time - not only because you don't want to peak out too much, but because you don't want to inject more than 1 ml in a single site at one time.

That said, if this is your first cycle, 600 mg. may be a bit much - you also have to consider your height and weight. (A 200 mg. injection will have less effect on someone who is, say, 6'2" and 200 lbs. than it will on someone who is 5'8" and 150 lbs. You may want to do some more reading before setting the 600 mg. per week dose.

There's also no reason that you can't do your shots three times a week (200 x 3) instead of twice (300 x 2) - again, it will help avoid the highs and lows and give you a more consistent dosing. For those who do twice-a-week dosing (which is fairly typical), some do it strictly every three or four days, while others do it on specific days, say, Monday and Thursday (so that there's three days between some shots and four days between some) - that's more a matter of preference than anything else.

I've only done enanthate and cyp, so I can't speak about sust and prop. (But then, I have a hang-up about buying from Mexican or Europpean sources, since I think that U.S. and Canadian-made drugs are more reliable, made to more exact FDA-type standards, etc.) FWIW, I started with 200 mg. injections and never had a peak-and-valley effect, nor any water retention, gyno, or other side effects. These days, I usually inject 100 mg. at a shot (pun intended), since I only do quad shots on myself (if it's a delt or glute shot, I have someone else do them), although I might do 200 mg. at a time (split between quads if I'm self-injecting). But then, I'm tall and bulked, so it may affect me less than smaller guys. You won't know until you've tried it if there are any side effects, but my advice is that if you have any doubt, start with smaller and more frequent injections.

Tekto is offline Junior Member
    Thanks TNT. I would make a new thread of my cycle so you can take a look at it in this Forum.

bamaboy is offline New Member
    thanks for all of the advice and support guys. i have 2-3 more weeks to go........i'll work through this !! my gains in body weight have slowed down, but my strength is still climbing through the roof !! that's a big plus....thanks...........

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Take some kava-kava

kiwi-d is offline New Member
    i was havin weekly shots on the same cycle, as was gettin same
    sort of problems aftr 3 or 4 days, i split my shots into twice weekly
    and also took provironun 25mg eod this sorted out the problem
    untill the seventh week when i started feelin like crap again, even with the twice weekly shoots, so i nailed a product called prostanol 50 5 caps a day and two high potency vitiman b @c caps a day, this really fixed the problem big time, spent all my time
    on a damm good high, sorta like d-bol, that prostanol is good stuff, i use it every now and then still, when not on a cycle, if i get
    a bit off my trainin, its great stuff....................i think in the states they call it tribulus on somethin like that,, hope that helps!!

Thread Information