Terinox is offline The One & Only

What Type of ASPIRIN ???

If I'm going to start an ECA cycle, I can buy ephedrine and caffiene at GNC no problem, but what about the Aspirin. Is it just normal "drug store, walmart purchased" Aspirin??? Or is there another type which I don't know about that is special for an ECA stack???

I've seen Aspirin at Shoppers Drug Mart, and they have pills of 400-500mg, is that too much ??? And also, it says it's for back pain! Is this still okay to take for the Aspirin ?

How does the Aspirin help anyways ??? I mean the ephedrine and caffience give you energy and boost up u'r body temp, but what about the Aspirin.

Thnx
    Terinox

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    its just plain old asprin. why not just buy a ECA supplement like thermadrene, xenadrine, etc... its all mixed in in the right dosages already.

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool The Kind You Inject (Not Really) . . .

Alright, disregard my subject line - I couldn't resist.

Seriously, aspirin means any kind of over-the-counter aspirin. I am not aware of any AS significance to aspirin, but here's a little background . . .

Aspirin is a NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug). The standard strength of a 5-grain aspirin tablet (Bayer, as well as any generic brand) is 325 mg. However, thanks to the popularity of "extra-strength" dosages of Tylenol, aspirin is also available in higher strengths, usually 500 mg., as well as lower strengths like 81 mg. The 81 mg., also known as baby aspirin, is used by many people as a preventive measure against heart attacks (especially persons who already have a cardiac-related condition), with one taken every day, and clinical studies have indicated that a regular-strength aspirin taken during a heart attack can have beneficial effects.

As you are probably aware, ephedrine is used in many weight loss products, and clinical opinions are mixed. Caffeine is simply used to make other products work more effectively or last longer in the system.

Since you're from Canada, Terinox, you're probably familiar with "222's," also known as AC&C - a combination of 325 mg. aspirin, 8 mg. codeine, and 15 mg. caffeine. Tylenol #1 (generically marketed as APAP with codeine and caffeine) has the same strengths of the non-NSAID acetominophen. Trivia note: 222's/AC&C and acetominophen with codeine and caffeine are both available over the counter in Canada, although most pharmacies keep it behind the counter (you have to request it, but you do not need a prescription), and they are the most common drugs that are illegally imported into the U.S. by Americans. (In the U.S., you cannot get any strength of codeine without a prescription.) So what does the caffeine do in AC&C, etc.? Simple - it makes the other drugs more effacacious, and it helps keep you from zonking out because of the codeine.

(Cautionary note for U.S. citizens: If you have never brought AC&C back, this is not the best time to do it for obvious security reasons. Also, if you are in a job that requires drug testing, whether pre-employment or random, you should know that any drug with codeine, including AC&C, will show up in your system since codeine is an opiate.)

So what is the AS value of aspirin? Damned if I know - it's a new one on me. However, I can give you a reason not to do aspirin unless you have a medical need for it - aspirin is a natural blood thinner, and can lead to bruising if you take too much of it. I know some heart patients who take it on a regular basis, and many of them bruise much more easily than people who don't take aspirin. (This is especially the case with older persons, whose skin tends to be thinner than young people.) It won't cause bruising in itself, but if you hit your hand on something, it is more likely to bruise if you're taking aspirin than if you're not. Moreover, as a blood thinner, it can cause hemoragging in rare cases, and a common side effect of aspirin is stomach upset (which is why so many people take Tylenol instead).

That said, if you have never had side effects from aspirin, it won't hurt you to take it, but I wouldn't do it for too long a period without medical necessity, and I would certainly check into what good it might do (if any) in the context of a cycle.

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member
    ASPIRIN... That's all. Buy yourself a bottle of bayer, or the generic Equate at Wallyworld (wall*mart)......

If you do the three seperate, make sure to use the proper proportion of each.

6pak2go is offline New Member
    Pharmacology 202

Aspirin is not an NSAID it is a Salicylate... It releases Prostaglandulins that help reduce inflammation...
    Due to Pharmaceutical Marketing (and the fact that the patent on Aspirin had expired many moons ago and no money is to be made off of it) They would have us take the more "modern" drugs where money can be made.. NSAIDS can also be Hard on the GI tract causing reflux disease and in rare cases varices and bleeding ulcers.. Furthermore Most NSAIDS deplete Calcium and Magnesium from the body and in extreme use can rob the bodies skeletal calcium.. Not to take away from NSAIDS effectiveness of course.. At the end of the day its the big $$$
    carry on

TNT

Cool Oh, yeah????

Originally posted by 6pak2go
    Aspirin is not an NSAID it is a Salicylate... NSAIDS can also be Hard on the GI tract causing reflux disease and in rare cases varices and bleeding ulcers..
    Not to be snippy, 6pak (releax, bro', even I'm laughing at the fact that I actually used the word snippy), aspirin is both a NSAID and and a salicylate. For a good rundown of all NSAID drugs, including aspirin, go to http://www.nsaid.net.

For newbies and other lay readers, the more well known NSAID drugs today include iboprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc.). naproxen (Naprosin and Aleve) and newer drugs such as Celebrex (which is sufficiently out of the mainstream that many insurers require a special process for them to be covered on prescrition plans). Almost all NSAID's carry a warning to the effect that if you do not take well to aspirin, you will not take well to the other NSAID's. Moreover, the NSAID drugs, if used in large quantities over a long term, can have negative renal (kidney) effects.

For the short haul, they are quite safe, to the extent that Motrin has long been the drug of choice for mild to moderate dental pain, and both Motrin and Naprosin have long been prescribed for lower back pain. (Aleve is the over-the-counter strength version of Naprosin.) From a BB perspective, if you sprain a muscle and do not require anything stronger, Motrin is still the drug of choice.

By the way, a postscript on the earlier posts . . . When looking at the ECA combination, the only drug that is significantly used in fitness is the ephedrine. Caffeine, in addition to supplementing ECA, is often used by itself for cardio endurance (ask any runner - in fact, I've been known to pop a Vivarin, which is 200 mg. of ceffeine, if I want to do a long cardio workout). IMO/FWIW, the aspirin is sitll the icing on the cake - barring any sensitivity to aspirin, it won't hurt you, but it's no big whoop.

No problem bro
    I read an article years ago (cant remember well) Where studies were done with high dose ASA and NSAIDS (I guess in moderntimes we now group ASA with with NSAIDS.. I still consider a salicylate... Heck an Ice pack can be considered a Non Steroidal Anti Inflammatory... right???) With injured College Football athletes and found high dose ASA was just as effective as Ibuprofen if not more at relieving pain and inflammation. All have side effects. Granted the new cox inhibitors are top of the line.. The point is there is no money to be made with ASA and pharmaceuticals companies have lead us away from ASA to more profitable "NSAIDS".. Just because it is new and costs more doesnt mean it is better (sometimes it does though, but not always).. Just old fashioned I guess . Like to get the most bang for the $.. Have also read ASA is slightly less hepatotoxic then NSAIDS which could be of some importance...Interesting discussion though.. thanks for the dialog....
    carry on

TNT

Cool Well said, 6pak . . .

6pack raises a good point about any pharmaceuticals: Doctors will always lean you toward the most recently released drugs (such as the cox inhibitors like Celebrex as opposed to the cheaper ibuprofen, or even ibuprofen as opposed to aspirin). In fact, the oldies-but-goodies are often as effective as the newer drugs, which pharmaceutical companies bring out as their patents on the older drugs expire. Witness, for example, the new marketing campaigns for the weekly dosage of Prozac. Why was it brought out? Because the patent on the daily dosage of Prozac was about to run out.

Ditto the recently released (and heavily advertised) drug called Glucovance, a combination of Glucophage and the older sulfonurea drug Glyburide. And the year-old and also heavily-advertised Glucophage XR, the timed-release, once-a-day version of Glucophage. All of these drugs are used by diabetics, and the older Glucophage is probably one of the most effective drugs for lowering glucose without the side effects of the sulfonurea drugs. The problem? The U.S. patent on Glucophage was about to run out, and a generic is due to hit the market within the next year. Therefore, the manufacturer of the name brand wants to protect its share of the market. (Interestingly, Glucophage has been in Canada for almost 30 years and the U.K. for almost 35 years, and both countries already have generics. That's why a lot of senior citizens go to Canada for metformin, the generic version of glucophage - they save about 85% of the cost for that drug alone.)

Compounding that is the fact that U.S. prescription prices are unregulated - another reason that seniors go to Canada, where the government regulates prices on name-brand drugs. (One example I've used here frequently is Delatestryl 200 mg., the name brand of test enanthate . In the U.S., it costs about $70-75 for a 5 ml. vial. In Canada, the same thing - actual Delatestryl brand - costs only about $20 in U.S. dollars.)

I also concur with 6pak about the hepatic (liver) side effects of some of the newer NSAIDS. That's why anyone who is using a NSAID on a long-term basis should have regular labwork done, including a comprehensive metabolic profile (which checks cholesterol levsl and kidney function, among other things) and a hepatic profile (which checks liver function). Chances are that you won't have a problem with them, but it never hurts to make sure.

Thanks TNT..
    Hey you are awfully medical for a "dumb jock weight freak"
    does the PDR sit next to your shitter??

Speaking of the PDR........
    Ever notice up till about 1998 or so (??? dont remember exacty.. would have to dig it out) PPDR stated "Anabolic Steroids do not enhance athletic performance"

Gotta love it... by the way I am sure you know that all information in a PDR is provided by the manufacturer themselves... 99% is accurate.. But to make such an outlandish statement like above does wonders for my opinion of there credibility

The Iron Game Guest

TNT

Cool Naaaaahhhhhh . . .

Originally posted by 6pak2go
    Thanks TNT..
    Hey you are awfully medical for a "dumb jock weight freak"
    does the PDR sit next to your shitter??
    No, the Merck Manual sits next to my shitter. The PDR is too damn heavy to read when taking a crap.

[Sorry for the inside joke, gang. The Merck Manual is the diagnostic manual used by most physicians; the much larger Physician's Desk Reference (PDR) is a compendium of the official product literature on all prescription drugs marketed in the U.S. I recommend that any serious AS user have both - they're great reference tools, but they're expensive as hell. The PDR is updated every year, but the updates are so insignificant that I only bother to update mine every few years; the Merck Manual is updated every five years. And no, I'm not a physician, but with the state of today's health care, I've learned to be a proactive patient. When it comes to one's bod', I've learned to be an educated dumb jock weight freak.]

Hey TNT,
    I am 5'0 and have to have the pdr next to the shitter for a foot rest.... .......just joking
    I keep the MERCK handy too..
    Stay smart bro...great dialog
    6pak

I figured I share this with you all, I was reading this post and Terinox asked a simple question. All this side warped reading gave me a headache, plus my lower back has been hurting. (Real good info thoe)So i took some Asprin! LOL!!

350mg of just some plain ole ASPRIN!!!!

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Hay "Fast Results" thnx for getting back on the topic : )

Ok, 350mg sounds good, but what if they only sell like 400mg pills or something, is it still okay to just take that ?

Also, would i take it like this ...

50/250/350

once for breakfast
    once for lunch
    and one around 4/5 pm (not too late cause then u can't sleep)

am i right ?

Thnx
    Terinox.

Yes that should be fine. I take mine 9 am 12 pm 3 pm.... however you want

Thread Information