Thread: Fat%

Arniefan is offline Associate Member

Fat%

What would you keep your fat percent at while bulking up?

TheStromba is offline Associate Member
    Of course it depends where you started in the first place. A little fat gain in fine during a bulkin cycle. It is proof that you are getting enough calories to grow, providing it is clean eating.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    i wouldn't go any higher than 15%

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by TheStromba
    Of course it depends where you started in the first place. A little fat gain in fine during a bulkin cycle. It is proof that you are getting enough calories to grow, providing it is clean eating.
    right on, depends on the individual, however, it is inevitable to not put on fat during a bulking cycle...you need to evaluate what your doing: if you are indeed bulking you are comsuming excess calories so your body can use them to bulid new muscle tissue, but not every single one of those calories is going to be used towards that, some will undoubtedly be stored as fat...if your not putting on fat then your not bulking, its pretty simple...

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    But that's not to say that you should go have big mac eating contests at mc. donalds every afternoon either. Eat clean to get those extra calories.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    A bodyfat less than 10 percent would not be ideal for adding muscle. It does depend on somotype and the indivual but as a general answer, do not expect to maintain under 10-12 percent when trying to add serious muscle weight. As you get bigger - higher bodyfats start to look leaner too.

Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member
    Well I am not trying to brag but even when i try the most i'll hit is 10%. Just some of the problems associated with being an ecto so if i do a bulking cycle and add 20 pounds when its all said and done i'm still 10% or under

Thread Information