Xana is offline New Member

How to store gear when room temp. exceeds 30C/86F and refrigeration is not an option?

Hey fellows, everyone is tired to know that storage instructions are ... cool, dark, dry place. So, sorry for bringing it up again. But now I am living in a place pretty warm and temps are btw the 20 and 30 Celsis which is ok. However, the summer is starting and temp is likely to exceed the 30 C pretty often. So what to do? By the way, I am in South America. No air conditioner in home since the fan does the job most of the time, plus elect too expensive. Oh, I am storing the gear(winny,deca ,test),proviron and clen inside the closed closet. It is inside a thermic bag (to keep the temperature inside the bag- llike those used in trips to keep foods cooled, don't know if it will help much, but. Oh, I will have to store it for 7 months before using it, that is why the question. Oh, and I don't want to keep it in the refrigerator (because it says on the box to keep btw the temp of 15 and 30 C and because I don't want my family to know about them. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Xana

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It should be fine I know people who keep theirs stored in outside sheds during the summer with no AC (in Florida) and have no problems. I wouldn't worry to much about it.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    a closet is cooler than most places in the house. I live in sunny cal and its fine in my closet year round

Thanks mate, for replying.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Put the stuff in a watertight plastic box, then put a towel over it. Figure out some way to keep the towel slightly damp, and the water evaporating will keep the insides a bit cooler than the outside.
    Heard about this trick on a PBS special . . .

Thanks Tock for replying, but...

I don't understand how the evaporation of the water would help the inside of the box to be cooler. Could you evaborate on that?

Thanks,

Xana

landshark is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Rickson
    I know people who keep theirs stored in outside sheds(in Florida)
    could you be a little more specific?

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't understand how the evaporation of the water would help the inside of the box to be cooler. Could you evaborate on that?
    =========================================

Works same way as perspiration evaporating from your forehead does. The water cools the skin as it evaporates. Put a wet rag on an object, and as its water evaporates, it is also cooled. Keep the process going, and you can cool the inside of an object (one thing--you gotta have a slight breeze to keep the water evaporating). Granted, the cooling won't be in the league of those soft drink coolers that run on 12 volts, but it should be enough (10 - 15 degrees) to do what the original poster wanted. The challenge, though, would be to keep prying eyes away from a box sitting under a wet rag.

Ex_banana-eater is offline Junior Member
    put a cooler in your closet and keep them in there

Thread Information