CanadianTemple is offline Junior Member

Question AS and Airport Customs

I was wondering if anyone has every brought AS back from Mexico on a plane and gone through all the usual Airport security and Customs? I know they are easy to get in Mexico but what happens if they find them in your bag on the Mexican side at the airport? Will the metal caps on the bottles be detected by the metal detectors if they carried on? I thought of just mailing them back but I think that involves more risk from customs, borders, etc! Can anyone let me know what the routine is?

PS. this is for a 'friend'...of course!

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I knew of a guy who was thinking of doing just that about 4-5 months ago but decided better of it. Good idea too. He hit 5 checkpoints at YVR alone going there(we're talking Mexico too)...coming back it was a couple more. He was more then happy to have enjoyed his trip then worrying about a couple hundred dollars of A/S, being detained at the airport, strip-searched, then charged.

Tell your friend to enjoy his trip...and just go window shopping and not to get greedy. Just my opinion though.

Aragorn

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Re: AS and Airport Customs

Originally posted by CanadianTemple
    what happens if they find them in your bag on the Mexican side at the airport?
    Uhh, he might hear "Thank you for shopping in Mexico". Steroids are legal in Mexico and the only worry you have with Mexican Customs is them tipping off Canadian Customs.

As far as those tips that you're asking for...Please keep this stuff to PM's everyone. Thanks.

Sir Victorian guy, V.C. is offline Knight of the Garter and Member of the Victorian Order
    I know firsthand of a man who brought about 60 amps and a few hundred tabs in...
    My concern is...if nabbed at the airport, will customs charge you? Or simply confiscate it? Would a shoebox full of amps land one in jail or charged? Would they really bother charging you?
    And is the customs search stricter at one airport vs another?
    ie vancouver vs toronto?
    Oh...if mailing to yourself, pack it so that if the package is opened, the customs officer will have to pry around the contents to find the gear...then try and envisage what type of contents a customs officer might simply not bother opening, etc...and pack accordingly.

jon rock is offline Associate Member
    I would suggest tampering with the seal of a liquor bottle drain contents and add your juice. If your not selling it then it doesnt matter what kind of container its in. This is what im planning on doing.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by jon rock
    I would suggest tampering with the seal of a liquor bottle drain contents and add your juice. If your not selling it then it doesnt matter what kind of container its in. This is what im planning on doing.
    yeah, that's sanitary

Originally posted by Sir Victorian guy, V.C.
    My concern is...if nabbed at the airport, will customs charge you? Or simply confiscate it? Would a shoebox full of amps land one in jail or charged? Would they really bother charging you? And is the customs search stricter at one airport vs another? ie vancouver vs toronto?
    Of course they're going to confiscate whatever, then search whatever other belongings you have. This is a serious offense here - it's an illegal drug. They're not just going to take your shit and send you on your way. A shoebox full of amps might land you in jail for a few days, who knows. It's sure as hell gonna put a reg flag on your name. You'll get slapped with a huge fine & better get your ass a lawyer.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    You have got to be kidding? You are asking for infection bro, please don't do it.

Aragorn

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KeyMastur
    [B]

yeah, that's sanitary

It sure is thats why you use a liquor bottle.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Putting injectibles into a liquor bottle is not a good idea. To be perfectly honest bringing gear from a vacation (which I have done before) is just not worth the hassle, fear, and possible consequences. You are better off letting someone else handle that risk and paying a little more. Than you can enjoy your vacation.

Originally posted by Rickson
    Putting injectibles into a liquor bottle is not a good idea. To be perfectly honest bringing gear from a vacation (which I have done before) is just not worth the hassle, fear, and possible consequences. You are better off letting someone else handle that risk and paying a little more. Than you can enjoy your vacation.

I think i would rather do it myself. I enjoy these things.But maybe the method of transportation needs refining.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    It sure is thats why you use a liquor bottle.
    Liquor isn't sanitary just because it has alcohol in it. There is a big difference between being sanitary enough to drink and sanitary enough to inject. Contact with the air is enough to contaminate a clean substance, especially if it was designed to be bottled in a sterilized lab.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Um, what if one was to carry stuff over in a liquor bottle (perhaps pre-sterilized by autoclave in the US), then run the stuff through a filter into fresh vials? I'm not sure, but it seems that ought to work . . .

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    I have done much worse. like the time i used the foam from a hotel pillow to filter my morphine for injection. now thats unsanitary.
    Do you collect and return pop bottles for a living dude? There's a definite fine line between taking a calculated risk and totally disregarding your well being. I don't want to sound like a dick but why on earth would you do this to yourself?

Sir Victorian guy, V.C. is offline Knight of the Garter and Member of the Victorian Order

Canadian customs

Originally posted by KeyMastur

Of course they're going to confiscate whatever, then search whatever other belongings you have. This is a serious offense here - it's an illegal drug. They're not just going to take your shit and send you on your way. A shoebox full of amps might land you in jail for a few days, who knows. It's sure as hell gonna put a reg flag on your name. You'll get slapped with a huge fine & better get your ass a lawyer.
    Are you talking about Canada or America?
    I am talking about entering Canada. Anyhow, done it before, but perhaps mailing it back to myself is the best way to go.

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    Buddy just came back with a shit load. NO problems.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    Friend i know got nab, coming w/ 3 loaded pins and they called RCMP strip search etc.. etc.. no charges, due to being personal amount but techinally illegal to import any amount.

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Alright Guys,
    Lets remember this is a no flame board and a board about AAS and other BB supplements. Lets keep it to that discussion and get off of rec drugs please. Thank You.

CanadianTemple is offline Junior Member
    Ok...I'm talking direct flight from Mexico into Canada. Will the Mexican authorities do anything if they find it? Will the Canadian Customs and dogs be able to find it if it is on your body or in your luggage (unless they do a search)? I don't think they x-ray luggage when you return to Canada. Just want the facts, Please!!!

First of all, the guy whose buddy was nabbed with 3 loaded pins...was that in his carry on luggage?

I know firsthand of someone (not ME, of course) who came back to Canada with a shoebox full of amps etc in his bag...no probs
    Do they x-ray luggage coming into Canada? Good question. I thought the bag search was random. And if you look at the volume of an airport like vancouver, especially during the holidays, I can't see how they could move the baggage along (to connecting flights) if they were taking a close look at baggage. Anything metal or glass will show on an x-ray. And dogs cant smell steroids - hashish, coke, ok, but not gear.
    I know firsthand (not ME of course) of a bro who came into canda with 300 anadrol , clomid, etc etc- but only 1 box of amps. no search.
    Leaving a country- they wont give a shit. not their problem.
    As for xraying luggage...according to Canada custom;s previous website, they do. I am in the same boat as you...considering coming home with a few goodies...might just mail it to myself

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    It is all a hit and miss bro. It is chance you will have to take if you want to bring shit back. They don't usually take your gear off you if they find it in mexico but they have been known to inform Canadian customs in the past. When you come back they only physically check your carry on luggage ie you carry on bag, video camera bag and all that. The luggage that is stored under the plane is not physically checked infront of you and as to my knowlegde isn't physically checked at all.

Thread Information