Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

Exclamation Anyone else feel like this?

Anyone else feel small or puney no matter how big you get? I've heard it's pretty common among BB's and am just wondering how many of ya'll feel that way. Let me be the first to say that no matter what I take or how much I gain or what anyone else tells me when I look in the mirror to me I look small. My wife tells me I'm not, some bro's at the gym tell me I'm not but I still can't shake the feeling. Anyone else get this way?

element_19_98 is offline New Member
    yeah i believe its called body dismorphic syndrome (excuse the spelling) it based on the same symptoms as anorexia but reversed

testaprim is offline Associate Member
    Yea bro i feel ya on that one, i am constantly being told i am a big guy, but i dont see it. I know i have gained some size, just from pictures but i will see other guys and think, man he is a lot bigger than i am, then my buddy tells me i am bigger than he is. I have read up on Muscle Dismorphia and i fit the bill on some of the issues, but it has not effected my life like it said it could so i guess i am all right.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5-10, 180...I go to the gym and totally work my balls off! I feel like I look like shit! I believe that no matter how hard I work out it's not showing! My girls like you look thicker and fuller, and I feel like I'm just not getting anywhere! I push and push and push. Now I go to a small gym and there's no real "hardcore" bodybuilders there and I go and I have an attitude about working out, I know what I want and I'm gonna bust my ass to do it. I eat ALL F'N DAY! No BS food! I'm trying to take in 4000 calories a day, hell by 10am I have 1500 or so already in me! and I feel like well today for instance, I had to take the day off my shoulder popped the other day and it's F'N killing me!, so I do some running around. Now, I feel like a low life because I haven't worked out! I sit here eating my 24oz of tuna and a big ass bowl of rice and feel like I can't gain. I haven't done any cycles yet, YET!, and my best bud is like dude relax you're doing too much, but I don't think I'm doing enough. I NEED to work out! I hate NOT working out! I feel that if I'm not incompacitated with soreness I didn't do the job right! I CAN'T GET ENOUGH! I'm addicted! to working out!

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    ripsid DEFINITELY need to back off the training then

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator
    yep, it what keeps you eating and training harder i think. I am 5'9" 240 right now and still feel like a little bitch.

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    i don't know about how ppl who uses steroids have to train

but i know that you have to get rid of that way of thinking if you want to keep making the gains naturally

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey BIG T, ya some times when i miss a day of working out and i look in the mirror i think i look small? Im 5'11 190'ish right now. Im almost at my biggest and i still feel small sometimes....errrr

OG

I'm taking the leap (again!) next July and I want to be at least 200 by then! I want to be a solid piece of granite! I have a picture of what I want to look like in my head, and I am going to do achieve it! I have a guy at work who's like do you want to compete and I'm like I do every day! I compete against my self, I need to beat my muscle fiber into submission! I want my body to be soar! I want to get into the squat rack say Fuck I've never done this much and do it 10 to 12 times! Dude that works out with me is like I don't know how you can workout so hard and do so much! I just say and I borrow this from my favorite band of all time the might Sex Pistols " I KNOW WHAT I WANT AND I KNOW HOW TO GET IT, I WANT TO DESTROY! I I I I I I WANT TO BE ANARCHY!"

Just when you feel like you're all alone in the world.....thanks guys, now I don't feel like I'm weird or something.

ripsid: In a way that's how I feel, if I miss a day I feel like sh** the rest of the day. I have done 5 or 6 cycles before but nothin back to back. They're spread months apart average about 1 to 2 a year. Even when I'm on I keep pushing myself to go harder. my wife can't see why it's important for me to go to the gym 5 days a week. She keeps tellin me an hour and half a day is to much time spent away from home, but I just can't back off. I make time for the family (which still comes first) but I also have to make time for the gym at least 4 to 5 days a week. In college I got up to 255 with the use of AS and in the Navy I had to diet down to 185. Now I'm finally back to 230-234 and still feel small. I would juice more but just can't afford to do it like most guys on here. (The wife is between jobs) I just keep trying to tell myself I'll get there one day. I'm not giving up, it's my drive that gets me through a workout.

silverfox is offline Retired Moderator

hey magtag

Originally posted by Maytag
    i don't know about how ppl who uses steroids have to train

but i know that you have to get rid of that way of thinking if you want to keep making the gains naturally
    Do you think that AAS are some type of magic? They are not, anybody in the know will tell you Diet and training are still 80-90% of the battle. Natural or not it's a mind set, i beleive it's "tunnel vision" that keep you training and eating and pushing yourself hard!

"Tunnel Vision" Perfect description! I see a goal and MF'ER don't get in my way! It's not all about the gear either, hell I unfortunatley havent' done a cycle yet and look forward to when I do, but until then I'm gonna go for it!
    Big, I too am a former Navy bro. I was my biggest when I was stationed in Diego Garcia, I worked out with two bro's who were huge! and all we did was Eat/Drink TONS of beer/workout/play softball and I got upto about 190. I came home my pops was like are you juicing! After that though I got back down to like 165. My fiancee is into the kickboxing and running so she supports my lifting, now I have to convince her to help Stick me in the ass with a needle!

ripsid- Mine doesn't mind the AS use, as long as it does'nt get in the way of family issues. She won't stick me either, she's not fond of needles. It's been about 4 months since I juiced and I'm trying to scrounge the cash together to get my next cycle. Damn I hate these hard times! Until then I guess creatine will have to do.LOL

durbin22 is offline Member
    I have been feeling small lately. I am up 23 lbs in my current cycle and still the same as before. I don't think I will ever be happy with my size.

Originally posted by durbin22
    I don't think I will ever be happy with my size.
    A buddy of mine says this all the time. He's been doing this for along a** time. Like he says...you want 220, ya get it than you say "Ok, now I want 240." You get it then it turns into 260 and so on.......so far I have to agree with 'em!

Havvoc is offline Junior Member
    you guys are makin me all depressed... But, i ask myself "Am i bigger and stronger then that dude over there?" Yep, and i am happy again (just gotta pick out the smaller bros!)

Havvoc, I do! but my kids only 6!

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I'm the same way. My original goal when i started lifting was 200Lbs at 10%BF. I got up to 205 during my last cycle and I looked in the mirror thinking hey, just 30 more Lbs.
    I'm in the middle of cutting right now, down to 190 and I feel like complete scrawny shit. Makes me want to go home and jab myself right now.

Originally posted by ripsid
    Havvoc, I do! but my kids only 6!

projectsherv is offline Associate Member
    lol, i feel the same way as all u guys especially since i've been off cycle for 6 weeks now i feel like im shrinking but im maintaing my weight, everytime i look in the mirror i see some skrawny ass arms.. girls always come up to me and say shit like "how does it feel to be so huge?" and im like what the hell im not big. im only 147 5'6 12%. i wonder what they will say after my next cycle in 4 weeks where i hope to pack on another 20 pounds.

lwb357 is offline New Member

Re: hey magtag

Originally posted by silverfox
    Do you think that AAS are some type of magic? They are not, anybody in the know will tell you Diet and training are still 80-90% of the battle. Natural or not it's a mind set, i beleive it's "tunnel vision" that keep you training and eating and pushing yourself hard!
    My bench will go up 100 pounds on a simple cycle, my food turns into inches around my arms and not my stomach. Yes, I'd say they are definately magic.
    I don't care how hard you work out or how much protien you consume, if there isn't a catalyst in your body to do the right things with it, you just get fat and weak. If that's not true.....Where are all the naturals, eating 5-6 smalls meals a day who can compete at a national level? I admit you will find a few naturals who can bench 1 and a half to 2 times thier bodyweight, but they are the exception not the rule.

lwb357- Yes, but without proper diet and training the catalyst(steroids ) won't do anything for you. Hell you could take all the juice in the world and if you didn't eat right and workout properly you wouldn't grow an inch. Not flaming ya, just trying to make a point.

lwb357 is offline New Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    lwb357- Yes, but without proper diet and training the catalyst(steroids) won't do anything for you. Hell you could take all the juice in the world and if you didn't eat right and workout properly you wouldn't grow an inch. Not flaming ya, just trying to make a point.
    I hear you and no flame taken, but my workout partner is 5'4" and 185 pounds of muscle and bone. At his bodyweight he benches 305 on a deca only cycle. For breakfast he has a mountain dew a snickers and a bag of potato chips. He eats better at lunch and supper, but he only eats 3x a day. normal food, no protein shakes, no weight gainers

We seem to be reinforcing the lie the medical community told for years that steroids don't work. My first cycle was Dbol only, 3 5mg tabs a day. That's 15mg total not 50. In 4 weeks my bench had gone up 100 lbs from 245 to 345.

It's just my opinion, and I bow to those with more experience than me, but to me they are definately MAGIC.

Mastiff is offline Member
    RE: It's been about 4 months since I juiced and I'm trying to scrounge the cash together to get my next cycle. Damn I hate these hard times! Until then I guess creatine will have to do.LOL

Big Tex, why don't you look into a test prop from synovex, and finaplix cycle? Its real cheap and you get decent gains. PM me if you are interested and I'll send you some websites.

I try to eat a minimum of 3500 calories a day, I take the protein & creatine, I get atleast 8 hours a nights rest, I take my vitamins and say my prayers and for gods sake the gift of GAIN has skipped my doorstep! I know that the only way for me to get it, is to "kick in the ass" with a little pharmocology! Trust me I'd rather do it like I am but it ain't working! I work harder than most and they gain while I just stay...it sucks too!

lwb357- I hear what your saying, if you take steroids and workout you will make gains, but with proper diet and excercise those gains will shoot through the roof. I mknow people that eat like crap and go the gym and that are on gear, yes they put some size on and get stronger but they usually either dont't keep any of their gains or just look all bloated and fat. Some people can get away with eating whatever they want and make good gains and to me those are the lucky few. Me if I even look at pizza I put on 5lbs of solid fat. LOL

ripsid- You're definetly a hard gainer, either that or you've hit your genetic limit. Good luck to ya my brother!

Mastiff is offline Member
    Ripsid, have you tried upping your protein and calories? I have to eat over 4500 cal/day to see gains, and they are better when I push it up to 6000, eating 400gm to 500gm protein. Its real hard to eat that much, but it works for me. Just a thought.

allsaucedup is offline Member
    big T I am 6'8" 357 and growing biggest guy at any gym I walk into but it is not enough. that is what makes us different from your regular joe. If we played basketball, football, or baseball we would be stands out. Their is something that burns in side of us that makes us continue to work and grow. just started sust/tren cycle hoping to pack on 20 more pounds and decrease bf. Just keep up the good work and remember their is no such thing as to big.

FLEX_NuTz is offline Banned
    When it comes to body building, its all about being bigger and harder. Besides, I have a feeling most us here are over acheivers as it is, always wanting to be #1 - so with body building it's a constent challenge to be the biggest and the best.

Originally posted by allsaucedup
    Just keep up the good work and remember their is no such thing as to big.
    Ya DAMN skippy!!!!! agree with ya 100%. Good luck in your quest bro!
    How come all ya'll bastards live in Houston? I guess I need to move.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by allsaucedup
    big T I am 6'8" 357 and growing
    BEASTMAN!! Hey bro, where at in Houston?? I live on the NW side>1960and 240 area

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN

How come all ya'll bastards live in Houston? I guess I need to move.
    Yep BigTexan even missed the show out here last weekend!! Hey man, my neighbors house is for sale..

thegame01 is offline Member
    "yep, it what keeps you eating and training harder i think. I am 5'9" 240 right now and still feel like a little bitch."

Damn Silverfox you sure know how to make us small guy's feel better lol. 240 lbs at 5'9" hummm.

I beleive it happens all the time with bodybuilders especially when dieting down for contests. I think Arnold called it " the fear of smallness" or for us small guy's it should be called " the fear of staying small) .

I think i am tiny at 5'8" about 175lbs 8% bf. I was 190 lbs about 4 months ago but was carying more fat so i decided to go on a cutting phase (real smart) and i lost 15 lbs .Ya sure i am pretty lean but shit all that food for about 8 months(4000- 5000 cals) in order to get up to 190 and then i lose it back in 3- 4 months .I really see myself as a small guy now .

But i started my 1st cycle 10 days ago .Bulking phase baby, i would love to see 200 lbs at 10 % bf

peace
    GZ

Jack87 is offline Retired Vet
    This thread couldn't be anymore true... I don't think I could ever get so big that I'll be satisfied.... I remember when I started lifting I just wanted to get up to about 185lbs or so... Right now I'm 218lbs at 5'8" and I still feel like I'm a skinny little fuck....

My family thinks I crazy for wanting to always get bigger... At least my bros on AR can relate....

enhanced is offline Junior Member
    totaly agree bro... its not good enough to be big like peopel say u are i wont feel big till im the bigest and even then i dont think it'll be enough... guess its a slippery slope where all going down. sometimes i think to myself that what im doing to my body isnt good but as dumb as this might sound id rather die big and young then old and out of shape. like a bro of mine at the gym says "die young, die strong, dianabol !"

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I had someone tell me the other day they felt small cause they had not been in the gym in 4 weeks. And he said "...and looking at you ain't helping me either!"

I told him "Shit... I still feel small... I gots a complex brah." But mine right now is heading toward balancing it all out. I want to add more to my delts and arms than anything. Arnold says it is like sculpting - but damn it Ahhnold, if it was only that easy to know you are heading in the right direction.

greekmuscle is offline New Member
    hey texan-did you end up using that ppl tablavar? how were your results?

The term "Hardgainer" Sucks! Becuase it's not hard it's impossible! I haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks, partial tear of the rotator cuff, now I run by the mirror! I had to stop eating all the calories because I'll just get fat and well, I'm only eating about 3000 cals now. Just eat all day, but not the cal shakes and stuff. Tomorrow I go back and become "LEG MAN!" with the big f'n L on my chest. That's all I can do, leg's and forearms for atleast 2 weeks. I vow everyday, I WILL get big! And work my ass off! That's all I can do man!
    Least a couple of you guys feel my pain, the reast of you are big ass'd mofo's!

ripsid- I know forst hand injuries can devastate you. Just keep your goals in mind and don't quit. As for gym time, do the lower body and whatever you can do without worsening the injury. Hell, take some time off and rest. Remember the more rest the faster the healing. Once you're good to go it won't take long to gain back anything you might of lost. Good luck and have a speedy recovery!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information