richmond is offline New Member

Nolvadex 'rebound'

Hi guys,
    still doing my research and I have a couple of questions.
    Firstly I have heard that after discontinuing the use of Nolva there can be a 'rebound effect', what exactly is this? does it mean that the gyno can come straight back after discontinuing use, if so how effective is it for gyno?
    Second up, for post therapy, can Nolva and clomid be combined and if so how would you dose it? The reason I am interested is that I have heard thar Nolva could be better as post therapy as it is the stronger anti-e and that in essence both compounds are pretty much the same?!
    I may be on the wrong track, so some clarification would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

bump

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Ok, Nolva and clomid are good together for post cycle.
    The rebound effect your hearing about is when anti-e's are discontinued and estrogen builds back up in your system. For that reason it's a good idea to continue dosage of Nolva through the remainder of your cycle if signs of gyno show up. Not really a need for administration unless signs show up since nolva hinders gains.
    If your looking for an anti-e that doesnt hinder gains, go with Arimidex or liquidex throughout cycle(still have nolva on hand)
    Now for post cycle therapy , I assume you know about the 300/100/50 split on clomid? With that administer 20mg of Nolva along with the clomid for your post cycle thrapy. By the end of that, chances of gyno are very rare. Just make sure you have enough nolva.

Some think nolva as better for post cycle, I think it can be great in conjunction with clomid, but if I was only going to do one post cycle, it would be clomid.

Excellent info Pheedno, thanks. I was thinking of combining the two and you may have just convinced me, seems like it cant do any harm, seings as you would have the Nolva on hand in any case it makes sense.
    One last question, as im planning on a beginners cycle on lower doses, ie say 250mg sust, 200 primo for 8 weeks (I want to see how my body reacts b4 going bigtime) could the post therapy in this case also lower doses of clomid/nolva-say half for example.
    Once again your expert info much appreciated.

Originally posted by richmond
    Excellent info Pheedno, thanks. I was thinking of combining the two and you may have just convinced me, seems like it cant do any harm, seings as you would have the Nolva on hand in any case it makes sense.
    One last question, as im planning on a beginners cycle on lower doses, ie say 250mg sust, 200 primo for 8 weeks (I want to see how my body reacts b4 going bigtime) could the post therapy in this case also lower doses of clomid/nolva-say half for example.
    Once again your expert info much appreciated.
    Personally, I would not lower the clomid dose. The only real way to tell if your natural test is back to normal is to get tested. It doesn't matter if your nuts are huge again, your sex drive is back to normal(if it decreases at all), or your slump of motivation ends(occurs sometimes post cycle when test is low in the body)
    The clomid at a 300/100/50 split is not going to cause any more sides(depression/tracers)than a 100/50 split but the benefits of the bigger dose can be great. On the nolva, a lot of people don't even take it post cycle, since you have decided to to prevent any chance of gyno, I think you could go at 10mg along with your clomid. I don't see estrogen rebound coming from this cycle for you but each person is different so the chance is always there.

McBain is offline Member
    Pheedno pretty much covered it. Just to reiterate in terms of the rebound, slowly taper off the nolvadex and this will avoid the problem.

Jamisun is offline Associate Member
    exactly, you need to taper. i did not know this. I was paranoid about getting gyno so I took 10mg of novla ED. I did not see any sides, and my boy said I should not have to worry about gyno at the dosages I was at, so i just stopped the novla. a week later I had gymo symptoms. I don't think I would have gotten it if I had not taken the novladex during my cycle. I am guessing it was a rebound effect. Novla does not eliminate estrogen, it just keep it from bunding to the receptors. I wonder how long free floating estrogen stays active in your system?

Thanks Guys,
    Timezone reason for late reply, im on another continent!!
    All the advice has been noted accordingly. I too am paranoid about getting gyno, I feel that you need to be phsycologically as well as physically strong to do a cycle. You need to know your body and know what you are in for, thats why prep, research and advice are important.
    When I decide to take the plunge I will keep you posted.

Originally posted by McBain
    Pheedno pretty much covered it. Just to reiterate in terms of the rebound, slowly taper off the nolvadex and this will avoid the problem.

Good catch bro, as i read my posts again, I noticed I had forgotten to include that tidbit(actually bigbit)

McBain is offline Member
    To answer Jamisun's question about how long free estrogen stays active in your system I am not sure on an exact number but IMO this is how I treat gyno...
    Once I notice gyno start on 40mg ED of nolv until symptoms dissappear
    Then 20mg ED for 5-7 days
    Then 10mg ED for 5-7 days
    If my cycle is still going after this I continue at 10mg until 2 weeks post cycle.. but that's just me.

Thread Information