Legolas is offline Associate Member

Question T4 a fat burner ??

We all know that T3 is a very powerful fat burner , and T4 burns fat but through the conversion of T4 into the more potent T3 , right ?? and the human body does what ever it can to preserve the normal state the body should be in . so when anyone takes a larger dose of T3 than the dose that the body normally produces it inhibits the conversion of T4 into T3 which means T4 will not act on fat loss like when taken alone without no T3 . My question is the following , is T4 capable of burning any fat on its own ?? or all of its fat burning effects are actually from the converted T3 ??

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    not that im aware of.

Probably is offline Junior Member
    i wish .. i have like 1000 100 mcg tabs which i think am going to throw in trash, i heard that your body wont convert more T4 than it needs ... =( i can get 100 100 mcg for like 3$ .. while T3 costs me like 90$ for like 50 25mcg tabs .. ( only overpriced thing my source gets me )

The_Dark is offline Associate Member
    I'm not really sure myself bout T4 but i once read that T4 is somethin like the ECA stack.

JiGGaMaN is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark View Post
    I'm not really sure myself bout T4 but i once read that T4 is somethin like the ECA stack.
    thats probably just a supplement of the same name. t4 is a thyroid hormone.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Probably View Post
    i wish .. i have like 1000 100 mcg tabs which i think am going to throw in trash, i heard that your body wont convert more T4 than it needs ... =( i can get 100 100 mcg for like 3$ .. while T3 costs me like 90$ for like 50 25mcg tabs .. ( only overpriced thing my source gets me )
    its an intriguing concept to me to supplement both as t3 has very high and quickly occuring peak levels then major drop offs...i cannot help but wonder if higher avail t4 for body to convert when this"dip" occurs wouldnt result in more effective t3 fat burning properties. I have no idea...its just a thought.....

so T4 if it doesnt convert to T3 is not a fat burner ?

Blog Entries
    t4 does convert to t3 - the thing is the body controls this conversion process...will exogenous t4 result in higher t3 levels = probably - but not to the extent or efficiency to make it a good stand alone fat burning choice.....

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    t4 does convert to t3 - the thing is the body controls this conversion process...will exogenous t4 result in higher t3 levels = probably - but not to the extent or efficiency to make it a good stand alone fat burning choice.....
    aha ok i get that but in case when T3 in large doses is ingested , the human will stop every conversion of T4 into T3 but some people cycle T3 and T4 together , will T4 when NOT converted into T3 burn any fat ??

Blog Entries
    no - we have quantities of unconverted t4 in our body at all times....until converted to t3 it will not exert any fat burning properties or effects on BMR....

Blog Entries
    ^^^ also of note excess estrogen has been shown to have an adverse effect on t4 to t3 conversion ...just an FYI....

so its useless to take any T4 when ur on a T3 cycle .

Blog Entries
    im not 100% certain of that ..when your levels of t3 drop dramatically (and they will when t 3 wears off) the body will be called on to convert t4 to t3 ...it may be prudent to make sure t4 is available to facilitate that conversion as rapidly as possible...i dont know for sure...its just a thought...... even taking t3 3x / day will NOT give you stable t3 levels.....

higherdesire is offline Banned
    L-Thyroxine is a synthetically manufactured thyroid hormone. Its effect is similar to that of natural L-thyroxin (L-T4) in the thyroid gland. L-thyroxin is one of two hormones which is produced in the thyroid. The other one is L-triiodthyronine (L-T3, see Cytomel ). L-thyroxin is clearly the weaker of the two hormones. For this rea-son it is often used for a longer time period than L-T3. Bodybuilders use L-Thyroxine to accelerate the metabolizing of carbohydrates, proteins, and fat. The body burns more calories than usual so that a lower fat content can be achieved or the athlete burns fat although he takes in more calories. In the past L-Thyroxine was often used by competing bodybuilders. Unfortunately, with increased dosages (more than 400 to 600 mcg/day) usually not only more fat but more carbohydrates and proteins are burned as well. The athlete no doubt becomes harder but he can also lose muscle mass if steroids are not administered simultaneously. L-Thyroxine is rarely used to-day since most athletes use Cytomel or Triacana . When used prop-erly there are few side effects to L-Thyroxine. Dosages that are too high and, in particular, dosages that are increased too quickly and too early at the beginning of intake can cause trembling of the fin-gers, excessive perspiration, diarrhea, insomnia, nausea, increased heartbeat, inner unrest, and weight loss.

Blog Entries
    t4 to t3 conversion is limited by many factors - more wont necessarily overcome that conversion process ...GH and other rate limiting enzymes come into play.... t4 with exogenous gh would certainly be more effective than t4 alone ....but i think with the new findings on conversion limiting factors i mentioned in this post - t4 alone is not a good fat burning choice....JMO...

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Legolas View Post
    aha ok i get that but in case when T3 in large doses is ingested , the human will stop every conversion of T4 into T3 but some people cycle T3 and T4 together , will T4 when NOT converted into T3 burn any fat ??

My experience in working with others has been this-when t-3 is ingested in high doses, adding t-4 into the mix does nothing to further increase t-3. Therefore, treat a t-3/t-4 combo as if the t-4 is not present and go by the t-3 dosage only.

Thread Information