RageControl is offline Senior Member

EQ and joint pain?

Bros i have a very frustrating and painfull situation . Towards the end of my 8 week test EQ cycle the elbow area of both my arms has been in PAIN the right always a lil worse then the left. It always starts during my first heavy set of barbell benchpresses. Last week i blasted threw my workout cause it wasnt that bad but today after my first set i could barely drive home it was so bad . Yesterday my right elbow acted up after i threw a few snowballs at a coworker. Now i hear EQ will cause your joints to swell but i have been off for a month and its getting worse . Any idea whats going on? It drivers me nuts sitting here instead of lifting probably losing the gains i saw from my last cycle.
    Last edited by RageControl; 12-07-2002 at 01:53 PM.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Sounds like you may have bursitis bro... (“Tennis elbow”)
    I have problems with my left elbow...
    What I do is load up on Anti-inflammatory an hour or so before I lift (Advil works wonders!).
    Also, try not to lock out OR over compress the joint,,,
    I know full extensions are better but cutting back a little on your range may help...

not sure about the EQ angle,, first I've heard of that,, but I've done 2 cycles with it in the stack and didn't notice any NEW pain..
    Good luck..

iron4life79 is offline Retired Moderator
    hey bro,
    eq can and will cause some joint pain, if youre prone to that. usually it happens while on though. ive never heard of any ailment hanging on 4 weeks after the drug was stopped. that being said, it takes the eq about 3 weeks to clear your system, so its possible that you still have some problems from it.
    like posted above, load up on the anti-inflammatories, and keep lifting, if you can bear it. if its not cleared up in another 4 weeks or so, i'd see an orthopaedic...........

peace bb79

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Forget the juice brah - that pain comes with the territory and I bet you are doing Tricep Extensions. At least that's where I feel mine the most. My worst was a few years ago - they burned like hell.

Remember to warm up your elbow joints thoroughly. Multiple sets of warm ups with a light load. And doing 5-10 minutes of cardio and stretching before will help too.

I don't like the wrapping idea because your ligaments and tendons become weak and dependent on the wraps.

massmaker is offline Junior Member
    i just got over the same problem from the same cycle.. hurt like hell but i started poppin some motrin before workouts and i was alright after that.. give it a shot.. good luck bro

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Too late for this now BUT, since you know you get joint pains I would use deca instead next time. Eq doesn't lub up your joint like deca can.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Motrin will only mask the pain and can cause you to only make it worse. Try and treat it - not mask it. Use proper warm ups and sups like Glucosamine and MSN. Allow them it start healing.

I think people are to quick to blame stuff on AAS. You probably just increased your load too quickly without proper precautions and your tendon and ligaments did not get a chance to keep up. Be safe. This is a very common occurance - juiced or not.

Jus
    Jus is offline New Member

EQ

I haven't heard of EQ ever causing pain. You must be using the wrong technique. I have done this myself. You will have to restrict yourself to much more discipline while training. Maybe for a while, using a little less weight would be a good idea. Deca , as an EQ alternative, does give you some sort of pain relief, but may only hide an underlying problem and you may hurt yourself further. JMO.
    Jus

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I agree with Ripped4FSU and Warrior,
    You simply have hurt the tendons in your elbows. I can no longer even do tricep extensions mine are so bad. Weighlifting is a brutal game and pains come with the territory especially if you lift heavy.

Thread Information