Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Anavar vs. Masteron

marcmoran is offline Junior Member

Cool Anavar vs. Masteron

Which one would you guys stack with Test for a shredded look cycle? And Dosage...

bjpennnn is offline American Psycho
    intrestinggg

*RAGE* is offline "T-MOS WILL LIVE THROUGH US FOREVER"
    I would got with the mast 400mg ew..
    mrdude likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prone2rage View Post
    ed or eod injections?

for how long would you run this 400mg/week?

Quote Originally Posted by marcmoran View Post
    for how long would you run this 400mg/week?
    you can run it thought your cycle, or run it at the end...up to you

Quote Originally Posted by bjpennnn View Post
    ed or eod injections?
    eod is enough bro.

ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries
    I think they would both work good just depends if yu want an orl or injectable??!!

the one I am running right now looks like this

1-16 test e 500mg ew, 250mg mon and 250 thrus
    1-4 dbol 50mg ed broken though out the day
    6-16 mast 400mg broken down eod...

hope this helps bro

ya i am going to be running prop ed injections so just thought i might as well ya know. but i guess not.

so masteron can give the same or better shredded look as Winny?

i am going to stack the two at the end of my cycle

winny dries out your joints and if you are doing other sports this could affect your proformance, IMO mast is a lot better then winny...

do u guys know Oxandroplex?

just a type of var?

just a type of var?
    I believe so, do you have any opinions about it?

I believe so, do you have any opinions about it?
    If it is var, I have ran a cycle of var and loved it, it will give you good strenth gain and put some lean muscle and make you look hard if your diet is clean...

If it is var, I have ran a cycle of var and loved it, it will give you good strenth gain and put some lean muscle and make you look hard if your diet is clean...
    So would you use it instead of Masteron ?

Juice Authority is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Which one would you guys stack with Test for a shredded look cycle? And Dosage...

Both for different reasons.

lol he said before he would run mast

So would you use it instead of Masteron?
    No for the money and IMO I like mast better...

lol he said before he would run mast
    what you point I did not say run var or mast I am giving an opinion, unlike you....

i was talking to macroman or whatever because he keeps asking and you already answered him

i was talking to macroman or whatever because he keeps asking and you already answered him
    sorry bro, little on edge, in law fam is down....

hahaha no problem. goodluck!

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    I really like Masteron ..I prefer it towards the last 4-5 weeks of a cycle...its amazing how this roid helps with fat burning...not to mention its strength increasing property...

i cannot wait to run it

Quote Originally Posted by inky-e View Post
    I really like Masteron..I prefer it towards the last 4-5 weeks of a cycle...its amazing how this roid helps with fat burning...not to mention its strength increasing property...
    inky at was dose per week do you recommend?

inky-e is offline AR's ORIGINAL ANABOLIC OUTLAW~ [RIP-8/20/11]
    inky at was dose per week do you recommend?
    Anywhere from 300-500 a week...no more than that and for 4 -6 weeks weeks...it can cause anger and aggression...I know it did for me..and for friends as well...not complaining about it cause it helps in the gym...just watch yourself outside.

anger and agression just what i need ha definelty got to much of that already but i ran tren and was alrite, that suppose to give you some anger problems to.

Anywhere from 300-500 a week...no more than that and for 4 -6 weeks weeks...it can cause anger and aggression...I know it did for me..and for friends as well...not complaining about it cause it helps in the gym...just watch yourself outside.
    Can you increase any muscle size from Masteron ?
    Last edited by marcmoran; 06-01-2009 at 06:53 PM.

bump

Can you increase any muscle size from Masteron ?

bump

Can you increase any muscle size from Masteron?
    Not really a mass builder but it could be used to complement a mass building cycle in combination w/Test. Is doesn't convert into estrogen but it is highly androgenic . Most DHT compounds aren't ideal for packing on size. Masteron however binds strongly to the SHBG, similar to Proviron , which enhances the action of testosterone . Theory has it that when used in combination with test, Masteron will bind mostly to SHBG, which frees up the test to yield greater anabolic effects = enhanced gains.
    Jphunter likes this.

powerliftmike is offline ~Elite AR-Hall of Famer~
    Anywhere from 300-500 a week...no more than that and for 4 -6 weeks weeks
    i always run it 8 wks. usually at 700mg/wk. i must say i think 4 wks is too little time with mast

Quote Originally Posted by Juice Authority View Post
    Masteron however binds strongly to the SHBG, similar to Proviron, which enhances the action of testosterone.
    only difference is masteron works and proviron is worthless. look up dr. michael scally's article on proviron. haha

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    only difference is masteron works and proviron is worthless. look up dr. michael scally's article on proviron. haha

That would certainly be an interesting read and completely contrary to my own personal experience. I'd love to see what the good Dr. has to say about it.

Proviron is one of the most under-rated steroids out there, imo. It helps prevent estrogen build up given its affinitty for the aromatase enzyme (it downgrades the actual estrogen receptor). It gives me morning wood, muscle hardness and has been clinically proven to not be suppressive to HPTA. It also dries out my skin keeping acne at bay.

Link please.
    Last edited by Juice Authority; 06-03-2009 at 08:08 AM.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice Authority View Post
    That would certainly be an interesting read and completely contrary to my own personal experience. I'd love to see what the good Dr. has to say about it.

Proviron is one of the most under-rated steroids out there, imo. It helps prevent estrogen build up given its affinitty for the aromatase enzyme (it downgrades the actual estrogen receptor). It gives me morning wood, muscle hardness and has been clinically proven to not be suppressive to HPTA. It also dries out my skin keeping acne at bay.

Link please.
    +1. I am also using proviron and find it to be beneficial

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    +1. I am also using proviron and find it to be beneficial
    Well, what can you say? I guess I should flush my Proviron down the toilet and demand a refund from the source that provided it based on the good Dr. Michael Scally's article that I can't seem to find anywhere on Meso. Hmmm.

"Proviron is worthless" - classic statement.

No doubt Masteron is the stronger compound BUT unlike Proviron Masteron is suppressive to HPTA (not something ideal to run with PCT).

Here's my experience...when I run Proviron around 75mgs/ed I don't seem to get the same level of estrogen related sides as I do without it. Furthermore, with Proviron added to my cycle I don't need to run an AI either, kill off all the estrogen in my body and my libido with it. No, with Proviron I can get away with a low dose of Nolva to block the estrogen from binding to ER and not need to kill my libido with an AI. In fact, my libido is enhanced with Proviron.

Estrogen or lack thereof has a greater effect on killing one's libido than being shutdown. Estrogen plays a big role in libido. If your estrogen is too low then you will have no libido. When people take letro it kills their libido because it reduces estrogen levels by 99%.

Here's an article discuussing how estrogen actually boosts libido and energy in men:

http://www.thinkmuscle.com/articles/...trarian-02.htm
    Last edited by Juice Authority; 06-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.

the article:

However, a brief note on proviron . What evidence is there that proviron lacks androgenic activity. The literature presents this by the absence of proviron to influence significantly infertility, erythropoiesis, lipids, and sex hormones. Except for the obsessive compulsive that needs to take a substance, thus replacing an AAS with adverse HPTA effects with one that does not, proviron is a worthless AAS, useful for nothing. Proviron will not support or provide any basis for the return of HPTA function.

The quoted abstract from the study by Varma and Patel really does not give one any information. [Varma TR, Patel RH. The effect of mesterolone on sperm count, on serum follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, plasma testosterone and outcome in idiopathic oligospermic men. Int J Gynaecol Obstet 1988;26:121-8.] The study is poor from the abstract alone. Please note that the statement, "Mesterolone had no depressing effect on low or normal serum FSH and LH levels but had depressing effect on 25% if the levels were elevated," refers unidentified group. The groups in the study include, "One hundred ten patients . . . had normal serum FSH, LH and plasma testosterone, 85 patients . . . had low serum FSH, LH and low plasma testosterone." Nowhere is there a group with elevated levels. Nonetheless, the cited effect is a "depressing effect" not stated as significant. Knowing the fluctuation in gonadotropin levels on testing even at a P<0.05 would not be meaningful. But it does go to the point that proviron has no adverse effect on the HPTA.

Mesterolone is useless for infertility. A year after the Varma study, 1989, the World Health Organization published a study demonstrating, "[n]o significant changes semen quality during the course of the study, apart from an increase in sperm concentration 3 months after the start of treatment. The increase was greatest among the placebo treated group, but did not differ significantly between treatment groups." [Mesterolone and idiopathic male infertility: a double-blind study. World Health Organization Task Force on the Diagnosis and Treatment of Infertility. Int J Androl 1989;12:254-64.]

In 1991, a study concludes, "Because similar semen improvement also occurred in the placebo controls, our findings cast doubt on the possible usefulness of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility." [Gerris J, Comhaire F, Hellemans P, Peeters K, Schoonjans F. Placebo-controlled trial of high-dose Mesterolone treatment of idiopathic male infertility. Fertil Steril 1991;55:603-7.]

These confirm an earlier study from 1983. [Wang C, Chan CW, Wong KK, Yeung KK. Comparison of the effectiveness of placebo, clomiphene citrate, mesterolone, pentoxifylline, and testosterone rebound therapy for the treatment of idiopathic oligospermia. Fertil Steril 1983;40:358-65.] Treatment with the mesterolone (100 mg/day) therapy did not result in a significant increase in the mean sperm concentration or pregnancy in the partners.

Proviron is useless in promoting erythropoiesis (formation of red blood cell elements) and bone formation (a mixed effect of testosterone through the androgen receptor and estradiol receptor), both evidence of androgenic activity. Mesterolone (100 mg/d) is ineffective in raising hemoglobin and hematocrit levels significantly from baseline in individuals with hypogonadism. The study cites that Mesterolone did not increase serum testosterone (but also did not mention that there is a decrease). [Jockenhovel F, Vogel E, Reinhardt W, Reinwein D. Effects of various modes of androgen substitution therapy on erythropoiesis. Eur J Med Res 1997;2:293-8.]

As recent as 2003, mesterolone (100 mg/d) for 6 months administered to hypogonadal males failed to significantly raise bone mineral density (BMD). Treatment with testosterone undecanoate (160 mg/d), testosterone enanthate 250 mg (every 21 days), or a single subcutaneous implantation of 1,200 mg crystalline testosterone did result in BMD increases. [Schubert M, Bullmann C, Minnemann T, Reiners C, Krone W, Jockenhovel F. Osteoporosis in male hypogonadism: responses to androgen substitution differ among men with primary and secondary hypogonadism. Horm Res 2003;60:21-8.]

Erythropoiesis and bone formation are positive aspects of androgens useful under certain clinical conditions. AAS consistently have adverse effects on lipid profiles that are generally observed as a decrease in HDL (good cholesterol). In 1999, twenty years after the study cited by MaxRep [Nikkanen V. Plasma cholesterol, triglycerides, FSH and testosterone levels of normolipemic male patients with decreased fertility treated with mesterolone. Andrologia 1979;11:33-6.] proviron was found to adversely effect the lipid profile in hypogonadal men. The study by abstract analysis is hard to detail but an adverse effect of proviron is reported. Also, the study reports on serum testosterone levels with androgen treatments. Androgen substitution led to no significant increase of serum testosterone in the proviron group, subnormal testosterone in the testosterone undecanoate group, normal testosterone in the testosterone enanthate group, and high-normal testosterone in the crystalline testosterone group. The message is proviron did not affect the HPTA. [Jockenhovel F, Bullmann C, Schubert M, et al. Influence of various modes of androgen substitution on serum lipids and lipoproteins in hypogonadal men. Metabolism 1999;48:590-6.] The same author reports that proviron administration has no effect on serum FSH or testosterone. [Nikkanen V. The effects of mesterolone on the male accessory sex organs, on spermiogram, plasma testosterone and FSH. Andrologia 1978;10:299-306.]

I have said too much already. A further review of proviron literature will not change the use of proviron as an AAS for either anabolic or androgenic effects. Bottom line: Proviron is of no use for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by powerliftmike View Post
    the article:
    I agree with you bro, some my get something but most do not and would never run it...IMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information