Lift Chief is offline Member

Interesting quote by dave palumbo on insulin.

This confirms what many people think about administering exogenous insulin having no effect on natural insulin production. In other words you can't become a type 1 diabetic. I'm not so sure about type 2 (insulin resistant) but i would assume by taking slin for only a short period of time, and using a short acting version, you would not be altering insulin levels enough or long enough to cause resistance. Certainly no more than the obese people we see everyday who subsist off of processed high GI index carbs. At least this is what commen sense tells me- that and the fact the pancreas is not involved in a negative feedback loop

Dave said:

To think that the "pulsatile" release of insulin can actually be shut down by taking 1 or 2 shots of fast acting insulin a day is ridiculous. Think about it, even if you took 3 shots of fast acting insulin per day, every time you would eat a morsel of carbohydrates, your pancreatic beta cells would release insulin (that is why it is just about impossible to shut down that production). Even if you could shut it down for one day that would never be enough to stop the pancreas from producing insulin.

--thought this was interesting- i hope this hasnt been posted 1,000 times before.

Oh and i am not endorsing insulin - this compound can be potentially fatal if used incorrectly and isnt needed unless you've platued on regular gear. But i thought this was interesting for veteran insulin users or those seriously considering it.

Bump for the late night crowd

Bumpin it one more time for the curious then i'll let it die

Thread Information