djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member

ketogenic and aas

i searched about the first 100 results from keto and didn't find what i was looking for, so i come here.

im currently taking 50mg winny ED and 75mg tren ED, for the next 6 to 8 weeks, my question is im already dieting hard down to around 2600-3000 calories, my bf is around 22%, weigh 245, height 5'11", i been doing 30min cardio when i wake up and another 30 min at night after training 4-5x weekly...my question is would keto be advantageous WHILE taking AAS? couldn't find a lot on this, so all insight/information/opinions are welcome, thanks guys

bigsd67 is offline Anabolic Member
    i once ran a tren only cycle along with a keto type diet. the diet wasnt meant to be totally ketogenic, but it was damn near close enough. in the end i actually ended up gaining a few lbs. and dropping some fat. this was my virgin cycle (hence tren only) and i was pretty satisfied, as i wasnt expecting much growth just retaining LBM while dieting. hope this helps

thanks bro, muchly appreciated being that im taking tren , ,my goal is to drop about 20-30lbs fat and drop about 10%, thatd be ideal...im just not sure how to go about dieting...ive already dropped quite a few calories from 4000 to usually less than 3000, and lots of cardio combined with training, im just not sure if im going about achieving my goals the right way, any more imput on this keto question is muchly appreciated, thanks guys

i would say droppin to about 3000 and no less than 2500 would be fine. the tren will definately help you retain lbm as it did with me. as long as you give the diet time and keep it on point i can see you achieving your goals.

oh and by the way my diet looked something like this
    2300 Calories
    120 grams fat - Mostly EFA's
    180-200 grams protein
    No more than 20g carbs preworkout. Then 50 g carbs post workout to restore glycogen levels. so 70 grams total.
    Im also only 200 lbs so that's why my calories would be lower than yours

Big_BoneZ is offline Associate Member
    man, I dont know if you REALLY want to go on Keto diet..

The diet is high in fat, and low in carbohydrate and protein, which results in ketosis. In addition, fluids are limited, which helps contribute to the diet's success. This ketotic state exerts an anti-epileptic effect, though its precise mechanism of action is not completely understood.

In general, the diet does not seem to be as effective in adults. Most studies have been restricted to children and a few adolescents. In these studies, people have pointed out that the diet does not seem to work as well in older children, and seems to work best in children aged 1-10 years. The reason is not clear, but some have felt that older adolescents and adults may not make or use ketones quite so well. There are currently no published adult studies.

Keto diet is meant to treat epilepsy and seizures generally in kids and may not have the exact results are desired, and if you go on this diet, you may end up losing more muscle than Fat, best thing to do is to consult a doctor and see if he recommends it

i actually did consult my docter today, and he said a few months ago he would have told me no, but he actually said it'd be a good idea...he said in theory i should preserve muscle mass because of the high protein content and the fat loss along with cardio and training should be substantial, im going to read a bit more on it and probably start next week if all goes well, thanks for the help guys

Thread Information