Thread: Fina Homebrew

tall'nskinny is offline New Member

Unhappy Fina Homebrew

i HAVE A QUESTION. anyone have any experience with fina home brew. i just finished cooking and when finished the product looked very cloudy. i refiltered and it looked right then i recooked but i would apreciate any feedback as to any other safety procedures i might follow not in the insructions and anyones experiences with this stuff. thanks alot.

Got Gear? is offline Member
    Not to take away from this board, but have you ever checked out www.gotfina.com ? They've got a good article about homebrewing fina.

Lift Chief is offline Member
    I've heard that after it's baked it can become a little bit cloudy but it's still fine.

OGPackin is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by liftchief
    I've heard that after it's baked it can become a little bit cloudy but it's still fine.

True! But if u use the coffee filter and the the watman filter u really dont have to heat it imo.

OG

Grant is offline Member
    word OG!

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    I read somewhere that it takes a constant temperature of 160 for 20 minutes to sterilize..... and that major labs use a steam room to bring the product up to temperature and hold it there....

anyway... I had good luck by putting my fina in a pot with water on the the verge of boiling, where the water is starting to bubble, but not a raging boil, and then left it there for 30 minutes. I left a pin inside the top of the vial just to ventilate, but dont put the pin far enough in for the gear to start squirting out...

I have also read from many people that baking the fina will result in a cloudy look, and that it is still fine to shoot....

tall'nskinny is offline New Member
    thanks for easing my mind now that i know of others who have done it themselves. but can any one tell me what to expect of this stuff. I had great results with a veterinary test suspension a few months ago will this add size and strength like that stuff or beter or not as good. ( gained 30 lbs while on bench jumped almost 50lbs kept at least half mabe more.)

Thread Information