Thread: The bet.....
12-12-2002, 04:02 PM #1
-----This thread is one i put up in the competitive bodybuilding section, but i've gotten 18 views so far and no replies...so I figured I might be able to get some opinions here...----------- Mod's...Feel free to delete this as it is posted in two places....I apologize for the double posting, but I needed some more views/replies...
Ok, first a lil' background.
I work at Worlds Gym and we have a pretty kool bunch of guys that work there with us. Well we are always talking smack to a certain person about his weight...Being that he works in a gym and is sorta "not lean"...So I checked my bodyfat the other day, and it was at the max i wanted for a winter bulking period. Therefore I thought to myself...What better way to help motivate myself to get back down to 7% than to make a bet with my friend who has never seen 10 in his life.
This would motivate him to get in shape (help him get more respect, and provide my motivation for trying to beat him).
I checked my bodyfat and the results were
16% even..(*odd to have it exactly*)
the guy i am going against was
20% (not even but close enough)
now the bet is i'm going to spot him 3%bf... So basically if he gets down to 10...i've gotta be at 6.9 to beat him.
The bet is my 100 dollars against his 50. Now i do not mind losing the 100 if he gets in shape and truely beats me...I'm doing it for the motivation and drive to push myself harder because I dont wanna lose my pride. Afterall I made the bet.
Oh, the bet is also for 16 weeks...So it ends April 03, 2003. This is a friendly bet so nothing serious or negative about it. We are always making stupid bets at the gym and my boss bet I couldnt get to 7 and I figured my competitor couldnt get to 10. So we shall see...The owner is training my friend and I'm training with a long time friend so it should be interesting.
Diet is going to be the key for me...as April 03 I wanna come in dry as hell. I'm going to treat this as a show simply to get in the mind set. Only difference being I need to be as lean as possible. I think it is quite possible for me to get down below 7% as last time when i started cutting and not running a cycle of anything, i got down to 9 in 12 weeks.
I'm going to be needing some serious help with diet, and the one I plan on running for the last 8 weeks is a ketosis diet which will work, but I'm curious to know what's out there that's better or just as effective for the first half.
All and I do mean ALL help is welcomed and any cycle advice is greatly appreciated.
I've got enough winny for 50mg EOD and cant really afford more currently, however by the time i'm ready to use the winny, I might be able to. I think i just recently got F'd on an order so I basically have a clean slate to order anything. Any recommendations.
I was thinking Prop and EQ. Once again, I wanna treat this as a show time (april 3). My motivation is not necessarily to beat my friend (*although always a plus*) but to get as lean as I've ever been. I wanna see 5% and the veins in the abdominal region.
MikeXXL, Dr. D, PTYJason, ANYONE who cares to chime in that has knowledge...I'm all ears.
If I've left anything out about my history that you dont know, just ask or yell at me that I forgot to say something. Most people here know me or have at least seen me post once or twice...lol But any help is appreciated once again.
Weeks 1-16 total time
Week 1-4 Cardio 30mins 5-6 times a day morning
Diet, low carbs...exact diet is being thought about in my head, and I will need help with that part...my biggest fear is dropping to much weight and bf to quickly and not being able to be ready on the 16th...
the diet i was thinking of running the last 12 weeks is
After Cardio: Isopure protien drink: 40g Protien, 0, 0
Morning: 6egg whites 2 yolks: Not sure on the breakdown
Snack: Whole Wheat waffle 2 4g Protien, 35-40g Carb, 0
Lunch: 4 Chicken breasts and some steamed cabbage, 1/2 sweet pot. Not sure of breakdown
Snack: (need an idea besides tuna....)
While working out: Protien drink of some kind
Post work out: Protien of some kind
Dinner: Orange Roughy Fish, Steamed broch.
Snack: If hungry a few chicken breasts or some egg whites.
cardio 45mins 5 times a week 30 mins 1-2 times as needed
Ok, there is the starting idea...lets see if I get any replies...
12-12-2002, 04:48 PM #2
I'm no expert on show dieting or anything close to that but your starting idea looks good to me.
I do have a question though. Is your friend using any kind of AS? Cuz if he's not your kind of cheating alittle lol
12-12-2002, 05:09 PM #3
Well...see that's the thing...He's got a special friend helping him who juices...So i'm pretty sure he'll put him on some clen ...
So I do not KNOW for sure that he will juice...but all signs point to yes he will....
12-12-2002, 07:38 PM #4
shameless bump for some help
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM #5Junior Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2002
I think that the winny/test/eq is a good idea, but you will have to fight the hunger pains form the eq. If you just bought var it would cut you better than the winny/test/eq, but it will cost you more than than the winny, test and eq to run it.
12-12-2002, 09:50 PM #6
some ideas for ya brother....
looks like youve got it going pretty good my man...i do have couple suggestions for ya and yall can let me know what you think:
1. take 2 of the chicken breasts from lunch and eat them with your carbo snack before lunch...it NEVER hurts to get your protein in at a steady rate throughout the day....plus your body will have a hard time assimilating 100-120 grams of protein in one sitting...youll just get chicken dooky!
2. try to alternate protein/high carb meals and protein/low carb meals throughout the day
3. for snacks, use canned chicken breast meat instead of tuna...missing some of those omega3 oils, but you should be supplementing them anyways...you are supplementing with oils arent you?
4. supplement fish oils as well as flaxseed oils....lots of pluses!
5. lift hard AND do your cardio...i strongly believe that heavy squats/deads/benches/olympic lifts/etc are just as effective as cardio for fat loss...for more info #6
6. do high intensity interval training...go to local high school track and walk the curves, sprint (run HARD!!) the straights....do 1 lap and get your breath caught up completely before going another lap....as your endurance goes up, run for longer intervals...change the length of the sprint and shorten the walk or just go for multiple laps...the immediate and drastic need for oxygen this creates causes your body to go into a strong fat burning frenzy...trust me, it works...and you dont have to wait for your heart rate to get into the zone...and its anabolic baby..wont hurt muscle gains...more muscle, more calories burnt....bottom line!
7. in your post workout meal, eat a couple chicken breast, or a piece of that FEAKIN DELICIOUS ORANGE ROUGHY!!!!!...roughy is possibly the finest natural source of muscle building protein and omega 3 fats...it is very anabolic...im getting hungry...freakin eq gives me the munchies ......oh, yeah...ad an entire sweet potatoe to that meal as well as a multivitamin/mineral.....i also like to eat about an hour later because lifting makes me ravenous until i hit the sack later that night..
8. some more snack ideas to keep away the hunger pangs...2 full stalks of celery with all natural peanut butter (ingredients should read: peanuts, salt) slathered on....natural wheat crackers with the same peanut butter treatment....great carbs/fiber and some crude protein to boot...add a shake for protein....cup of cottage cheese with some frozen fruit (peaches are my favorite!)...let the peaches defrost with the cottage cheese all over them, mix up, and grow!...you get the idea....us the carb laden snack for immediately before hitting the weights and youll feel great!
hope this helps ya bro...remember to reamin alwayshungry!
Last edited by alwayshungry; 12-12-2002 at 10:02 PM.
12-13-2002, 03:31 AM #7
Thanks for the replies..the var is not on a list anywhere i can get from.
The snack idea's.....thank i needed a few of those..I supplement oils so there is no worry on that. Well it is 5:45am....and i have to go hit the cardio...
Keep the idea's comming... Lata guys
12-13-2002, 10:24 AM #8New Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2002
What about running EQ and Cyp for the first ten weeks then switching to a Winny/Fina/Prop for the last six?
12-13-2002, 11:32 AM #9
sounds great in theory...however Fina is a homebrew...
I've yet to make a homebrew.
12-13-2002, 11:46 AM #10
forget all that, if you really want to win, put up a grand!
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)