footballcat is offline Associate Member

Stupid shin splints

How to make it go away. It felt like that muscle was gonna tear off the shin this morning.

arnoldwannab is offline Associate Member
    No problem bro, I use to have these all through high school since I ran track. I know exactly how you feel. you can try 2 things or both if you want. 1st get yourself some dixy cups. fill them with water and stick em in the freezer. when they are frozen, tear away the cup untill you get a block of ice. rub your shins up and down with the ice. i know its cold but it works. this usual was done b4 i ran and when i was just sittin at home doin nothing. 2nd, start at your knee. take your thumb and index finger and press on both sides of your shin bone. push hard all the way down to your ankle. just keep repeating this for 5 min. i know it hurts to do this one but just bare the pain for the results are relieving. also you can stretch out the muscle that runs down the front of your leg by having someone push down on your foot while you sit and your calf is touching the ground. hope you get rid of them, good luck!

footballcat is offline Associate Member
    thanks man

Rugby13 is offline Member
    Hey bro I wouldn't ice before you run. Definately ice A LOT after and throughout the rest of the day but before you run you need to heatit up as much as possible to keep your muscles loose.
    Later...

Thread Information