Thread: injecting

Rokhard300 is offline New Member

injecting

I was just wondering if when you the needle is in you if it was really important to pull back on the pusher to see if any blood came in. And wouldn't pulling back on it make air enter the syringe. I have read that you should do this but I really didn't understand why. Any responses would be appreciated. Thank you.

Nibbe is offline Junior Member
    Unless you're muscles are filled with air you shouldn't get any air in it! Aspirating is done to make sure that you haven't hit a vein.

It's called aspirating, and yes its very important that you aspirate . The reason that you aspirate is to make sure that you don't inject directly into a vein, or on extreme rare accounts, an artery. If you inject into a vein the anabolics are introduced directly into the blood stream and this can be very dangerous. They are made for IM injection. IM injects are absorbed slowly. As far as the air entering the syringe, the amount of air bubbles that do enter is harmless. Just pull back on the plunger. You'll meet a little resistance and see a few air bubbles. If you do see blood, just pull the needle out, expell the blood thats in the syringe, replace the needle, and rejab. Always remember to clean your sites and the top of your vials. But if there is no blood then your good to go, bro.

Rokhard300 is offline New Member
    thanks for the replies guys, just one more question. How far should you pull back on the plunger during the aspiration process?

zodiac66 is offline Associate Member
    Pull back just a bit, not much ok, trust me if you hit a vein that blood with fill the syringe in a split second..and you will see it no doubt.

Perhaps this website will help:

www.spotinjections.com

Thread Information