Thread: accutane

flywytegye is offline Junior Member

accutane

I am going "shopping" in mexico this weekend. I was wondering if anyone knows how much accutane sells for over there and if it is readily available. Also, when you go into a vet or pharmacia to get goods, can the prices be jewed down like everything else? I know when I go on vacations I always get the prices down from like $20 to $10. Or if you buy a bunch of shit, will they give you some kind of discount? I'm sure we will drop way over $500, so I just wanted to know if someone has had that kind of luck.

flywytegye is offline Junior Member
    c'mon! somebody has to know something on this topic

landshark is offline Associate Member
    Don't know about the prices down there, but in the states ( or at least where I am) it costs $700 (yes, thats seven HUNDRED) for a thirty day supply of 40mg. pills (60 total). This is from a pharmacy.

Don't you have insurance? After a little persuasion with my new dermatologist, I got a scrip no problem. Get a referral, if necessary, to a new dermatologist, and tell him/her that you have tried everything else, Triaz, Retin-A antibiotics and nothing has helped. Definitely worth a shot. You should also have periodic blood work done every month as Accutane can have bad side effects. Be safe in whatever you choose.

By the way, lets try some other words like "negotiate", instead of your ethnic inferences, OK?

durbin22 is offline Member
    Why don't you just go to a derm and have insurance pay for it. Why spend hundreds of dollars when you can get it for $ 10-20.

CaliFella is offline Associate Member
    you need a prescription in mexico too

hitmeoff is offline Associate Member
    Or just grab the chinamans accutane.

Before you guys flame, let me say this: I probably have more exepriance with Accutane than anyone on the planet. I have tried the chinamans stuff, and while not quite as strong as the real deal, it works pretty damn well. Id say his 20mg tabs are about 15mg, based on my reaction to them. Its good stuff, and a buck (or less) a pill, you cant beat it.

SWALE is offline New Member
    Man, I sure hate to see guys using Accutane during their cycles. If they want to knock out their sebaceous glands for a while BEFORE starting the cycle, that's different. This stuff is straight-up scary to use. The package insert that comes with it is as large as a sheet of newspaper.

If youve never been on accutane, and you dont know how your liver holds up to various doses, then your right, its absolutely crazy to use wjhile on a cycle with orals. HOWEVER, I personally have an iron liver, but I know this from extensive experiance with accutane. So I do use it in the first month or so of a cycle and I dont have an acne problem. BUt then again my acne is such a bitch that I need to be on accutane at some point in the cycle to keep my face fromgoign crazy. Most people can use accutane before a cycle, and be clear during and after. This is what you should do.

I'm assuming you mean you have your LFT's checked on a regulare basis?

Always... Ive been on accutane as high as 120mg/day for 3 months, and have not had problems. Im down to 20mg/day now..acctually Ive been completely off for a good month now.

I wish everyone would follow their health as you do!

UltimateFighter is offline Associate Member
    Accutane is a life saver for people with acne though.

Thread Information