Big Rush is offline The Juice Man

Clomid is making me blind!

okay, well not really "blind", but it's fucking up my vision. It's hard to read fine print and drive at night! WTF!! I 'm getting serious tracers like I'm tripping or something. I've been on it for about 10 days ago and have consumed about 24 pilss over that time with the general way of running it:
    day-6
    day2-2
    day3-2
    etc......I still have probably another 10 days at 50mg ED....anyone else experience this with Clomid?

nj_
    nj_ is offline Senior Member
    I remember hearing about someone else suffering from this, same sort of symptoms, text appearing blurry difficulty driving, I believe they said it went away after they ceased the Clomid. It isn't something I have heard of often though, bump for more replies.

Aragorn is offline Senior Member
    I've heard the same thing...bump for the other opinions...I know it's a must though.

Aragorn

sixsixtysix is offline New Member
    my good friend ,goes though this... light traces blue sopts etc etc... not shure what he does to help.. but i know your not alone..all i get is teh attitude of a preteen school girl..

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    that was me you heard about, lol, i thought at the time i had like a brain tumor or something, lol, and then i thought my girlfriends house had a gas leak, kinda freaky stuff, also kinda fun, never new blurred vision/visual disturbances was a side affect of clomid, i only noticed it in higher dose 150mg+ daily, nevertheless a strange side affect...

KIMBLE is offline Junior Member
    this shit ain't funny at all. stop the clomid and use nolva instead.

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    Originally posted by KIMBLE
    uh....not happenin' bro, but thanks

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    relax bro your just trippin

seriously though, i dont know how to cure the little trails. good luck

m16a2 is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Big Rush

uh....not happenin' bro, but thanks
    HAHA, don't worry bro, I'm sure its just a temp ailment. I will be starting my clomid next week. I hope I don't start to see hobos on the highway or rainbows in my yard. Last time that happened... well, lets just say that if you want to REALLY see shit... stay up for 48 hours.

dansteelman is offline Member
    Yeah, staying awake will cause serious vision problems...so will dropping a few hits of acid, LMAO

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It is a very common side effect of clomid and will go away when you stop taking it.

djdjdjddjon is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by KIMBLE
    lol, why? hes going to die from it or something? its a common side affect with no health detriment...

Bluewizza is offline New Member

Re: Clomid is making me blind!

Originally posted by Big Rush
    okay, well not really "blind", but it's fucking up my vision. It's hard to read fine print and drive at night! WTF!! I 'm getting serious tracers like I'm tripping or something. I've been on it for about 10 days ago and have consumed about 24 pilss over that time with the general way of running it:
    day-6
    day2-2
    day3-2
    etc......I still have probably another 10 days at 50mg ED....anyone else experience this with Clomid?
    wow clomid is whats on my mind right now. Well let me tell you, this is exactly what happend with me when I used clomid. I get the same symptoms from it. I hate clomid and I am about to start Nolvadex and see what happens. I suggest you try nolvadex at 20 to 30mg per day. Many people claim it works better than clomid and has none of the side effectss of clomid simply coz you wont need to use like 100mg of nolvadex like with clomid, coz nolva seems to be effective 3 times as much on a mb per mg basis. I will try Nolvadex post cycle in 2 weeks and let you guys know how it goes.

ichabodcrane is offline Associate Member
    I have posted on this subject before. Both tamoxifen and clomiphene have been shown to cause oculotoxicity. Theses drugs appear to effect the cornea, retina and optic nerve leading to crystalline retinal deposits, macular edema, and corneal changes, even reports of cataracts. The exact mechanism I am not sure of, but may be due to microdeposition/precitation of the drug. These drugs also block chloride channels. Chloride channels in the lens of the eye are seem to be essential for maintaining normal lens hydration and transmittance. One note is that most of these clinical trials were case reports or prospective studies involving women being treated for breast cancer genereally over a long duration of time 1-5 years or >. Some studies indicate that short term toxicity is completely reversible, while others are not so clear. So take it for what it's worth. I couldn't say that switching from one SERM to another would increase or decrease your chance of toxicity, or if short intermittent use would decrease chances of tox either. But we do know the potential is there. Sad but true. I posted the actual studies and could find them if you needed. You could also search medline/ovid if you have access, or just do a general search on the net for tamoxifen+oculotoxicity or clomiphene+oculotoxicity. The data is there ,but it is your decision on how you want to interpret it.
    The newer SERM raloxifene, according to some, may be safer in this regard. But remember this drug is new to the market and has not had the chance to have all the post-marketing studies conducted like the older SERMS have. So it would be easy to say raloxifene (Evista) doesn't cause oculotoxicity because the massive post marketing studies have just not been done yet. Sucks because both of these drugs are very useful in our regime.

Thread Information