MR BICEPS is offline Associate Member

Blood Test For Frree Test Levles?

Hi guys, I'm new to the board and this is my first post. I have a somewhat complicated question. I am currently on testosterone therapy for hypogonadism. My doctor lets me inject 200 mg of depo test once per week. This keeps my test levels around 1000. The upper range level. My doctor is very anal and distrusting due to my size.Therefore he checks my blood levels every 4 months. He test for things like free test levels,cholesterol and insulin levels. He even checks my liver and prostrate values.
    I have started my second cycle of EQ/test. How many weeks should I stop my cycle before having my blood work done. I'm worried the half life of the AS might stay in my system and screw up my blood test results. I'm curious as to when I need to end my cycles? Whether it be two weeks or 6 weeks prior to getting my blood work. Thanks Guys!

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Bro how long have you been on HRT? When he checks you test levels, is it before your next injection or after?

JohnnyB

Ive been on hormone therapy for two years or so. He checked my blood levels the day before of my 200mg depo injection the last time. However it could vary. I could also intentionally manipulate things a few days if I needed.

Longhorn is offline Associate Member
    The half life of EQ, Test Enanthate and Test Cypionate is approximatly 21 days.

Detection times are are approximatly 3 months for Test and 4-5 months for EQ.

Hes not testing me for anabolics, my doctor is checking my testosterone levels . Surely my test levels wouldnt be elevated foe 3 months would they? THANKS FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFO!

Rocket is offline Senior Member
    Do you have any printed info on the injections, I am on HRT (andrderm) and would love the Dr. to switch to injections!

Rocket

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I would stop 5 weeks prior to test to make sure blood level has stabilized. Since you have a diagnosed case I would find another doctor that wasn't quite as concerned about my free test levels.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Do you have any printed info on the injections, I am on HRT (andrderm) and would love the Dr. to switch to injections!
    Rocket
    ==========================================

Check out
    http://www.aace.com/clin/guidelines
    under the hypogonadism section . . . It's an endocrinology website (isn't up right at this moment) and I recall another fellow (someone on the over-30 forum, I think) mentioning he showed this to his MD and he was persuaded to switch him from gel to shots. Said something about it being current recommended practice or something. Sorry to sound so vague . . .
    Also, get a link to it and other info at
    http://matweb.hcuge.ch/endo/cours_4e...rope_liens.htm
    Good luck . . .

rico is offline New Member
    Originally posted by Rocket

Rocket
    Tell him you are getting a rash from the patches.worked for a bro of mine.

My doctor started me on androgel . I basically told him I had no sex drive on it. Tell him youve heard good things about the injections and would like to try them. Thats about all the info I can give you about how I got him to give me the injections. I had to go get them from his nurse in the beginning.
    I'll try the five to 6 week period off before having my levels checked. THANKS GUYS

SWALE is offline New Member
    IMPO test cyp is the way to go for HRT. Perhaps he is not being "anal and distrusting" and is instead just practicing good medicine.

dtdionne is offline Junior Member
    how did the blood test go mr. biceps?

Gettin'Old is offline Associate Member
    I have an almost identical situation to MR BICEPS with a few exceptions. I have been prescribed 200mg test cyp every other week. I decided I wanted to do an actual cycle. It is my first and I'm keeping it low dose. I am taking 300mg test cyp every week.

I have the same concerns as Mr. Biceps. I don't think I will be tested for the aas, but rather will have my own testosterone levels tested. I want to keep having this prescribed to me so don't want to mess up a good thing. How long will my test levels remain supraphysiologically elevated? In other words, how long do I need to wait to be tested before it looks more like I've been doing 200mg every other week?

Thanks.

simplyhuge is offline New Member
    mr biceps where u from? i need a good hrt doc mine wont give me hrt.

SWALE is offline New Member
    I have to be honest that IMPO it is a HUGE mistake to try to fool your doctor by doing steroids and not telling him/her. In the first place, this doctor is already playing heads-up ball by providing HRT for you (which many refuse to--believe me, I argue with them every day). Next, and this is the most important, you will be producing some very strange serum hormone levels and changes in your physique which will be confusing to the doctor. I see no reason not to be upfront about it--after all, they obviously have your best interests in mind.

My guys are ALL upfront and honest with me about what they are doing. That helps me help them better. It also results in a very happy mutual relationship between us. I would happily encourage you to establish the same with your own doctor(s).

Thread Information