Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Does Proviron work?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power

Does Proviron work?

It is supposed to increase the effect of other aas as only 2% of the aas molechyles find the rigth receptors.
    And can it be run with other orals?

Anyone tried it? Did it increase the effect?

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I took Proviron years a ago with a Winstrol ,test cycle didnt notice much as far as difference in gains, but sexually I did..I stay away from that much dht these days because of my hairline..

Quote Originally Posted by Silabolin View Post
    It is supposed to increase the effect of other aas as only 2% of the aas molechyles find the rigth receptors.
    And can it be run with other orals?

Anyone tried it? Did it increase the effect?
    Oh and it's not a c-17 so it can be taken with other orals

Oh one other thing!!!it should NOT be used to replace a AI
    sv.elia likes this.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    If you are curious about the efficacy of Proviron , why not try it with your next cycle. My guess is that you will be disappointed as Proviron has almost no anabolic or anti-estrogenic effects

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    If you are curious about the efficacy of Proviron, why not try it with your next cycle. My guess is that you will be disappointed as Proviron has almost no anabolic or anti-estrogenic effects
    But theori says it will bind to shbg and make more of the other aasmolechyles available for the body.
    Thats something cause only 2% of aas usually find the rigth receptors.

Sounds great but its rare we see Proviron in cyclesuggestions in here.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I used proviron in my last cycle and like kingkong said there was definitely a boost sexually.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    I used proviron in my last cycle and like kingkong said there was definitely a boost sexually.
    Thats the last thing i want on cycle lol!
    Livinlean likes this.

Vash the Stampede is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Agreed! I think I might need an "anti-proviron " to control my libido on cycle haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    You just gotta get a few women..I tend to wear them out pretty quick on cycle..I miss test!!
    Livinlean likes this.

But why the heck doesnt i turn red and knowlegdeable???...doesnt that happen by 1500???...((((
    Marsoc likes this.

But why the heck doesnt i turn red and knowlegdeable???...doesnt that happen by 1500???...((((
    Im here all day helping others....

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    No. Proviron on cycle only. To block shbg.
    My pct is always clomid nolva mk677 and sr9009.
    And laughing like that is rude aswell.
    I laughed at you with the intention of being rude.

Playing with next cycle. Motivating fantasies.
    Last fantasy was:

1-2: 30 mg Rad140
    3: 250 sus
    4: 500 sus (maybe with 100 mg masteron p twice)
    5: 500 sus 25 mg dianabol 300 mg tren a
    6: 500 sus 30 mg dianabol 300 mg tren a
    7: 750 sus 35 mg dianabol 300 mg masteron p
    8: 750 sus 25 mg anadrol 300 mg masteron p
    9: 750 sus 50 mg anadrol 300 mg tren a
    10: 750 sus 50 mg anadrol 300 mg tren a
    11: nothing
    12 pct
    Proviron, aromasin, caber, hcg and mk677 12,5 mg ed
    The day you turn red is the day I leave the board.
    InternalFire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post

I laughed at you with the intention of being rude.

The day you turn red is the day I leave the board.
    Lol who is this guy...really...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Semanthicly yes. But then it would be ok with no converision, rigth?. WRONG. Reports show that test taken with Proscar leads to less gains. Why? Because less dht leads to a weakened CNS, slower recuparation and less igf1.
    You dont wanna mess with your dht in pct. Thats why marcus69 is wrong.
    No not semantics, not even in norwegian. Androgenic is different from anabolic .

Which report shows less gains while on proscar?

I take proscar for years, have literally tested it myself cycling with and without and can tell you are wrong. But will wait for this bro-science reports...
    Weakened CNS by less DHT?? Sorry but its really wrong IMO. Less IGF-1? Is it from less GH or from liver requiring DHT to function? Poor women, as they have very little DHT their IGF-1 must be also minuscule hehehe.

Only thing DHT (read proviron here) is useful in for thighter skin. If you want the shreded look priviron will help removing water from under skin. In muscle building DHT has no effect, you cant even find any inside muscles.

Lol who is this guy...really...
    I'm just one of many on this forum who are tired of you spewing unrestrained nonsense.
    InternalFire likes this.

I'm just one of many on this forum who are tired of you spewing unrestrained nonsense.
    I wouldnt use that attitude at me if i were you. I have a couple of friends in staff. Im serious.

I wouldnt use that attitude at me if i were you. I have a couple of friends in staff. Im serious.
    Look dude nothing I've wrote so far can be considered flaming.

If you don't want to be called out then stop saying stupid and hypocritical stuff.
    InternalFire likes this.

Look dude nothing I've wrote so far can be considered flaming.

If you don't want to be called out then stop saying stupid stuff.
    Hope ur rigth. My staff bro just told me your "above all under my rank" behaviour would be a topic in their next staff meeting.
    Would be a shame if tic toc. To be honest, you have some real good and in dept comments sometimes.
    Peace

Hope ur rigth. My staff bro just told me your "above all under my rank" behaviour would be a topic in their next staff meeting.
    Would be a shame if tic toc. To be honest, you have some real good and in dept comments sometimes.
    Peace
    I think it's funny your skin is so thin for being such a big guy.

You'd carry more respect if you settled your differences one on one rather than complaining to the higher ups.

If this forum turns into a place where people can say silly things without being confronted then things have definitely changed for the worse.
    InternalFire likes this.

I think it's funny your skin is so thin for being such a big guy.

You'd carry more respect if you settled your differences one on one rather than complaining to the higher ups.

If this forum turns into a place where people can say silly things without being confronted then things have definitely changed for the worse.
    You understand im only kidding dont ya ? "Couple of friends in staff"....man..

I just want to get my rigth colour. Red. Thats all. I got plenty of likes. Noone deserves red but me.

You understand im only kidding dont ya ? "Couple of friends in staff"....man..

I just want to get my rigth colour. Red. Thats all. I got plenty of likes. Noone deserves red but me.
    Oh my bad I don't have the ability to read minds.

I going to assume that you're kidding about deserving to be red.
    InternalFire likes this.

Oh my bad I don't have the ability to read minds.

I going to assume that you're kidding about deserving to be red.
    Nop...im on my way. Up. Before you know it im staff myselv. I think its important for this society to have a leader also from northern Europe. We represent the most developed and richest contries in the world. We are tough but we are fair. We always top the FN-lists.
    You got quantity. We got quality....something to think about ey....

Nop...im on my way. Up. Before you know it im staff myselv. I think its important for this society to have a leader also from northern Europe. We represent the most developed and richest contries in the world. We are tough but we are fair. We always top the FN-lists.
    You got quantity. We got quality....something to think about ey....
    Great way to represent Janteloven.

In Scandinavian communities individual success and achievement is negatively portrayed and criticized as inappropriate

The first Law Of Jante;

You're not to think you are anything special.
    Last edited by numbere; 08-29-2016 at 10:12 PM.
    InternalFire likes this.

Great way to represent Janteloven

The first Law Of Jante;

You're not to think you are anything special.
    Thats why i joined this. Sick of our jantelov.
    But hey... cred for knowing things about our civilisation. Maybe your not a complete dumbass afterall.
    Even if you showed inconcistent knowledge in the cholestrol/diett/aas thread.

Thats why i joined this. Sick of our jantelov.
    But hey... cred for knowing things about our civilisation. Maybe your not a complete dumbass afterall.
    Even if you showed inconcistent knowledge in the cholestrol/diett/aas thread.
    Wtf is your problem.

You're jokes aren't funny, stop pushing.

There are entire countries who primarily eat white rice for a source of carbohydrates, their cholesterol is fine.
    InternalFire likes this.

Wtf is your problem.

You're jokes aren't funny, stop pushing.

There are entire countries who primarily eat white rice for a source of carbohydrates, their cholesterol is fine.
    But they dont use tren ...

But they dont use tren...
    If they did use tren their cholesterol would be similar whether they ate white rice or brown rice.
    InternalFire likes this.

If they did use tren their cholesterol would be similar whether they ate white rice or brown rice.
    U really walk into these things, dont u bro?

You are here: Home / Recipes / Is white rice bad for cholesterol?

Is white rice bad for cholesterol?

November 26, 2015 by Cholesterol GuardianLeave a Comment

For numerous people in various countries, white rice has been the most common daily menu. However, researchers found that white rice is not really a good choice for people with diabetes or those who are concern about their cholesterol level. Although in moderation white rice will not likely to boost cholesterol level, people which are more prone to increasing cholesterol level might tightly control their desire of consuming white rice.

Is white rice healthy?

White rice is basically a good source of calories. Most of the calories provided by white rice come from carbohydrates. White rice also contains fiber and protein, which is needed for the body to perform proper digestion. Although in lower level than brown rice, white rice contains selenium and magnesium, two beneficial antioxidants. This Asian staple food also contains high level of iron and a sufficient level of folic acid, which is good for promoting healthy red blood cells. However, during the past years, white rice is suspected to be able to raise cholesterol level and claimed to be less healthy than the brown one.

Is white rice bad for cholesterol?

White rice is a processed whole grains, which leaves only the endosperms--the too easy digestible starch. Any sugar intake will likely to cause elevating cholesterol level, including sugar from white rice and potatoes. Some relations between white rice and elevating cholesterol level is illustrated as:

Processed foods, such as white rice, refined sugar, white flour, and bread are lowest in nutrients and can easily cause obesity and diabetes. This is caused by the absence of fiber, which make the refined foods easily broken into sugar in the blood, instead of nutritious substances.In our digestion system, white rice is similar to sugar. It has most of its nutrients removed when processed, and thus, it is simply broken into sugar when digested. This will raise the level of blood sugar, and the raise can be dramatic when a large amount of white rice and other carbohydrates are consumed.In white rice, there is only a very level of fiber compared to brown rice. Since the fiber level is low, white rice is absorbed too quickly, which elevates the level of glucose, triglycerides, and insulin in blood.Glucose is attached to LDL--the bad cholesterol in the blood, rises its level, and stay longer in the bloodstream, causing sticky plaques around the artery walls. This increases the risk of having a heart attack and other cardiovascular diseases.Triglycerides, in addition, contribute to hardening of the arteries walls, causing similar effect to raised glucose level in the bloodstream.Insulin is responsible for producing fats and one of those fats is cholesterol. Hence, a higher level of insulin necessarily means a higher level of cholesterol, too.Foods with high level of carbohydrate--white rice included, provide raw material for cholesterol production in the cells. Hence, the level of insulin intake should be watched carefully.Once arteries are thickening or hardening, you are more likely to have blockage in the blood passage, which contributes to suffering from cardiovascular diseases, such as heart attack and stroke.Controlling cholesterol level

It has been widely known that high cholesterol level contributes to the risk of various cardiovascular diseases which can be life-threatening. Hence, it is important to control cholesterol level--as well as the glucose, triglycerides, and insulin production, in order to keep the blood sugar low. White rice intake does not have to be stopped at all, but should be minimized. Here are some tips on controlling cholesterol level:

Replace white rice with brown one, which has higher fiber level and lower carbohydrate level. If you insist on eating white rice, consume not more than three ounces per day.Reduce processed food intake, such as white flour, white bread, and other high processed foods.Cut back calories intake, which will inhibit triglyceride raising level.Limit alcohol intake.Consume more fruits and vegetables.Exercise regularly. Being active will inhibit raised LDL level and increase the level of HDL in the blood. Do a 30-minute aerobics every day, which include jogging, walking, swimming, and biking

That blog article doesn't even list an author lol.

The AMA recommends one eat roughly 25 grams of fiber a day to keep cholesterol at a favorable level.

The bottom line is that per cup white rice has about one gram of fiber and brown rice has about three grams of fiber.

Based on you genetics and if you only eat white rice then consuming less fiber may lower you HDL.

Who the heck only eats meat and white rice while on cycle?

Every meal you eat should contain fruits/vegetables/legumes which will help give more favorable cholesterol levels.
    Last edited by numbere; 08-29-2016 at 11:01 PM.
    InternalFire likes this.

That blog article doesn't even list an author lol.

The AMA recommends one eat roughly 25 grams of fiber a day to keep cholesterol at a favorable level.

The bottom line is that per cup white rice has about one gram of fiber and brown rice has about three grams of fiber.

Based on you genetics and if you only eat white rice then consuming less fiber may lower you HDL.

Who the heck only eats meat and white rice while on cycle?

Every meal you eat should contain fruits/vegetables/legumes which will help give more favorable cholesterol levels.
    Well..brown or white. It doesnt help you. Your point was that you thought it was hilarus to use time and effort in digging into studies like this white/brown rice study if you were concerned about your cholestrol when using tren . As in, your cholestrol is doomned nomatter what so you could go aswell surfing.
    Thats a hilarus thing to say for a red member. Dangerous for newbis who swallow everything you got. Takes it for good fish.

Well..brown or white. It doesnt help you. Your point was that you thought it was hilarus to use time and effort in digging into studies like this white/brown rice study if you were concerned about your cholestrol when using tren . As in, your cholestrol is doomned nomatter what so you could go aswell surfing.
    Thats a hilarus thing to say for a red member. Dangerous for newbis who swallow everything you got. Takes it for good fish.
    I have no idea what you're talking about here or the point you're trying to convey.
    InternalFire likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post

Please ignore him he is a complete cunt and doest know what he's talking about. Dont respond everyone else has stopped
    What?...look into the arguing then your lazy xxxx xxxx. Then you will see i who is rigth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    No not semantics, not even in norwegian. Androgenic is different from anabolic .

Which report shows less gains while on proscar?

I take proscar for years, have literally tested it myself cycling with and without and can tell you are wrong. But will wait for this bro-science reports...
    Weakened CNS by less DHT?? Sorry but its really wrong IMO. Less IGF-1? Is it from less GH or from liver requiring DHT to function? Poor women, as they have very little DHT their IGF-1 must be also minuscule hehehe.

Only thing DHT (read proviron here) is useful in for thighter skin. If you want the shreded look priviron will help removing water from under skin. In muscle building DHT has no effect, you cant even find any inside muscles.
    Still waiting on those reports.

In meantime you mentioned something about proviron and SHBG on cycle, IMO the free T gains are not really so great, remember if you are injecting T you have already a high free T, so a bit more is not really so determinant. Still, same logic can be applied to using proscar on cycle, by reducing the 5alpha-reductase enzyme, it can be argued that less T will get reduced to DHT, ending up with more free T...
    InternalFire likes this.

This is a hilarious discussion IMO... Being worried about cholesterol changes in white vs brown rice is like going to the cinema wearing binocules, you cant see the whole picture. Cholesterol problems does not come from any kind of rice, its comes from saturated fat, so please discuss eggs, dairy, red meats, processed food, fried food, etc.

Local chinese ppl have no cholesterol problems eating the traditional white rice, introduce'em to the western diet and you will see their LDL rise fast and steadily.
    InternalFire likes this.

From several anecdotal reports he says...

From The Facts And Myths About: DHT!

Testosterone Is The Active Androgen In Muscle

Skeletal muscle is unique from other androgen dependent tissues in the body. It actually contains little or no 5-AR, so little or no DHT is actually formed in the muscle. In addition to this, any DHT that is formed, or that is already present in the blood and travels to the muscle, is quickly deactivated by an enzyme called 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD).

So at least as far as muscle is concerned, testosterone is the primary active androgen. This is not to say that administering exogenous DHT is not without any anabolic effect. It actually does have some anabolic activity in the muscle, albeit significantly weaker than that of an equal amount of testosterone. This is due to its quick breakdown by 3a-HSD into the weak metabolite 5alpha-androstan-3a, 17b-diol. If this enzyme were somehow blocked, it is likely that DHT would exhibit very potent anabolic effects on muscle.

It is important to understand that even though testosterone is the active androgen in muscle, and DHT exhibits relatively little direct anabolic effects on muscle in men, DHT is still very important for the full performance enhancement effects from testosterone. What I specifically mean here are the effects of DHT on the central nervous system that lead to increased neurological efficiency (strength), and increased resistance to psychological and physical stress—not to mention optimal sexual function and libido.

I have heard several anecdotal reports of individuals who have stacked testosterone with Proscar (a 5-AR inhibitor) and have noticed significantly reduced performance enhancement effects. What's going on here? We know it couldn't be due to the inhibition of the direct anabolic activity of testosterone on muscle anabolism. Most likely it is due to the reduction of androgenic effects in other parts of the body that contribute to the ergogenic effects. Specifically the CNS, which is stimulated by androgens to increase neural output leading to greater strength and greater recoverability. Another possibility is a reduction in the production of androgen dependent liver growth factors (such as IGF-1), since DHT is an important androgen in the liver.

See?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    This is a hilarious discussion IMO... Being worried about cholesterol changes in white vs brown rice is like going to the cinema wearing binocules, you cant see the whole picture. Cholesterol problems does not come from any kind of rice, its comes from saturated fat, so please discuss eggs, dairy, red meats, processed food, fried food, etc.

Local chinese ppl have no cholesterol problems eating the traditional white rice, introduce'em to the western diet and you will see their LDL rise fast and steadily.
    ^^^This is basically the line of thinking I've followed. If it is a food source that didn't have a liver, then its effects on increasing your cholesterol would be minimal. If your food source had a liver then it will have some impact on your cholesterol.

Edit: It may be an oversimplification, but it's one I've followed for years.
    Last edited by almostgone; 08-30-2016 at 02:24 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

From several anecdotal reports he says...

From The Facts And Myths About: DHT!

Testosterone Is The Active Androgen In Muscle

Skeletal muscle is unique from other androgen dependent tissues in the body. It actually contains little or no 5-AR, so little or no DHT is actually formed in the muscle. In addition to this, any DHT that is formed, or that is already present in the blood and travels to the muscle, is quickly deactivated by an enzyme called 3alpha-hydroxysteroid reductase (3a-HSD).

So at least as far as muscle is concerned, testosterone is the primary active androgen. This is not to say that administering exogenous DHT is not without any anabolic effect. It actually does have some anabolic activity in the muscle, albeit significantly weaker than that of an equal amount of testosterone. This is due to its quick breakdown by 3a-HSD into the weak metabolite 5alpha-androstan-3a, 17b-diol. If this enzyme were somehow blocked, it is likely that DHT would exhibit very potent anabolic effects on muscle.

It is important to understand that even though testosterone is the active androgen in muscle, and DHT exhibits relatively little direct anabolic effects on muscle in men, DHT is still very important for the full performance enhancement effects from testosterone. What I specifically mean here are the effects of DHT on the central nervous system that lead to increased neurological efficiency (strength), and increased resistance to psychological and physical stress—not to mention optimal sexual function and libido.

I have heard several anecdotal reports of individuals who have stacked testosterone with Proscar (a 5-AR inhibitor) and have noticed significantly reduced performance enhancement effects. What's going on here? We know it couldn't be due to the inhibition of the direct anabolic activity of testosterone on muscle anabolism. Most likely it is due to the reduction of androgenic effects in other parts of the body that contribute to the ergogenic effects. Specifically the CNS, which is stimulated by androgens to increase neural output leading to greater strength and greater recoverability. Another possibility is a reduction in the production of androgen dependent liver growth factors (such as IGF-1), since DHT is an important androgen in the liver.

See?

Sil you cant believe everything you read on the net, this guy basically agrees with everything I say, except he tries to explain subjective and anedoctal reports of individuals who used proscar on cycle with this idea of Proscar affecting CNS, another explanation he attemps is with liver. None of those are actual facts.
    DHT is mostly found in skin (hello hair loss) and prostate, or of course binded to globulin. The only interaction, that I know of, in liver is when DHT binds (preferably) to the globulin. About CNS is alot more complicated than his claims, although there are AR all over the body, I cant see why DHT (or any androgen) would be so determinant in all the CNS mechanisms.

All I can say is that proscar doesnt affect any of my strength on or off cycle, or I feel any significant reduction in performance with or without proscar, so I cant support his claims.

Plenty of more guys here on proscar or dutasteride, maybe they can give an opinion.
    Last edited by Mr.BB; 08-30-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Jesus guys. How hard can it be? When doing tren and dbol , your cholestrol will suffer big time. Thats dangerous. Then you have to do whatever it takes to deal with that. And that involves eating as much arteriecleaning, ldl-lowering and hdlupping foodtypes you can.
    I have yet to see reports documenting hdl-increase or ldl-lowering when eating white rice.
    My argue is stil in line even if its doesnt harm cholestrol. Thats not enough. You need foodtypes that betters cholestrol when doing tren.
    Thats why you should forget all about white rice when doing orals and tren. I really dont see why u cant understand this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    ^^^This is basically the line of thinking I've followed. If it is a food source that didn't have a liver, then its effects on increasing your cholesterol would be minimal. If your food source had a liver then it will have some impact on your cholesterol.

Edit: It may be an oversimplification, but it's one I've followed for years.
    Liver or brain heheh
    almostgone likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information