Thread: Traps

SWOLL UP is offline Associate Member

Question Traps

If you inject your traps...where on the traps do you inject? Isn't there a lot of nerve's in the trapezius area?

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    bro i would highly recommend forgetting that idea. to many nerves there, very important nerves.

do shrugs, lots of them, really heavy. upright rows with your hands about 1 foot apart will help also.

most people cry "bad genetics" on any bodypaet that isnt up to par with the rest of the body. when in fact genetics have nothing to do with it, in most cases. poor training form, lack of intensity, or not even training the bodypart, are often the culprits. place priority on your traps if they are lagging, and 9 times out of 10, i garantee you, they will respond.

Psycoswole is offline Member

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    Bro I love site injections and I have thought about it but I cant get myself to do it it seems like a hard location the best I could say use a 5/8ths pin and hit the "peak" of the trap and then tell us all what it was like

muscleup is offline Associate Member
    I no it sounds like i'm beating a dead horse... but is there any proof that site injections give localized growth? and have you had good results with doing this?

XBiker is offline Retired Vet

Re: Traps

Originally posted by SWOLL UP
    If you inject your traps...where on the traps do you inject? Isn't there a lot of nerve's in the trapezius area?

Swoll, I have been debating this one.

Personally, I like to do the spot injects myself (which is evident with my posts).

However, I see no real way to inject the traps by yourself and be able to aspirate as you should.

If you were to try it, you got balls bro.

If I were to actually try it, I would go in the thickest part. Check the attached picture for where I would go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Traps-trapmiddlehalf.jpg  
    Last edited by XBiker; 11-16-2001 at 08:54 AM.

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    oooo. it turns my stomach to even think about an injection in my trap. if you do it, DON'T post pics....

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    X-Biker the Site Injection King!

Originally posted by Big Al
    X-Biker the Site Injection King!

Just trying to help my fellow lifters.

Mike Guest
    Dont worry bout injecting into your traps - too many nerves there

I dont see trap injections really being necessary anyway - ESPECIALLY not for the risk the site injection causes - traps are a very easy muscle to grow - I dont believe anyone that says they cannot grow their traps - you just arent doing the right things if thats the case

vanjag is offline Junior Member
    If I were to actually try it, I would go in the thickest part. Check the attached picture for where I would go.
    X, not there man, that's exactly on the way of the accessory nerve, and you have a good chance of hitting it, and then forget about shrugs for a few years, maybe forever. You have ever bigger chance of injecting near it, and that will paralyze your traps for some time, and hurt like hell. I personally don't see any spot on the traps where you could safely inject, following all the rules on injecting.

I hope this image loads:

Mike Guest
    Remember - when site injecting in the traps you would be using only slin pins - and with them you would have a hard time hitting nerves - it is possible but if site injecting in the traps you wouldnt be doing 1 or 1.5 in pins and oils

I still stand by my first post though

bigman is offline New Member
    You run the risk of hitting parts of the brachial plexus. It is the main trunk of motor nerves to your arm. Not a smart thing to do IMO.

Bigman

big_guy is offline Associate Member

im with mike

im with mike.. he said "traps are a very easy muscle to grow" .. hell, i think they are the EASIEST!!.. i never had any traps until i seriously started training them.. now i got mounds....

do a shitload of all these exercises
    barbell shrugs
    trap bar shrugs
    dumbell shrugs (i do these with about 3 different angles in my back, and works great... also i like doing them with just one arm at a time..)

and like dane said, if u do inject there don't post pics, i don't wanna see the look on your face from the pain...

pureanger is offline Senior Member
    X biker love the pics bro another great post. I love site injection but in the traps I dont think I would risk it I would like to hear from someone who has though

MarkyMark is offline Member
    I am worried about all the statements regarding the use of sight injections ....

This is really set aside for a stubborn muscle group not ( ABLE ) to be built up .... If your a serious BB and have worked an area sufficiently and without any response given an honest effort You MAY think about sight injections. otherwise Make an extra effort to train a bit more often ... Traps can be worked every 2-3 days ... switch from heavy to light days .... THEY GROW FAST ... so be ready ..... good luck

Mike Guest
    EXACTLY - I am with MM there - it should be saved for every white man's nightmare - calves

And then eventually if you find you have a hard time getting tris or even bis or maybe pecs/delts etc then go for it - but it's not a first line alternative - give your body some time and be patient and if you still find you cannot acheive what you would like then go for it.

nautica is offline Associate Member

Re: Re: Traps

Originally posted by XBiker

Swoll, I have been debating this one.

Personally, I like to do the spot injects myself (which is evident with my posts).

However, I see no real way to inject the traps by yourself and be able to aspirate as you should.

If you were to try it, you got balls bro.

Xbiker, I am truly dissappointed in you. You are always willing to take one for the team. And this time. Well this time you drew us a sketch. I want a photo. Come on.

Re: Re: Re: Traps

Originally posted by nautica

Xbiker, I am truly dissappointed in you. You are always willing to take one for the team. And this time. Well this time you drew us a sketch. I want a photo. Come on.
    I seem to have several people that are daring me to do this one.

I just do not see any effective way to do it, without having some else stick and inject it for you.

Also, after looking at all the medical charts and such, there appears to be no real safe place to do it....

nautica is offline Associate Member
    I have actually done it myself before. Had a buddy do it for me. And yes there is a lot of fucking nerves in there. He went slow but did hit nerves a couple of times.

It can be done. But I would not recommend it.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    my original response;

Originally posted by bigkev
    bro i would highly recommend forgetting that idea. to many nerves there, very important nerves.

do shrugs, lots of them, really heavy. upright rows with your hands about 1 foot apart will help also.

most people cry "bad genetics" on any bodypaet that isnt up to par with the rest of the body. when in fact genetics have nothing to do with it, in most cases. poor training form, lack of intensity, or not even training the bodypart, are often the culprits. place priority on your traps if they are lagging, and 9 times out of 10, i garantee you, they will respond.

Thread Information