moto is offline Junior Member

cyanocobalamin{b-12}

i am currently on a deca dbl stack on my fourth week on a eight week cycle. I started with milk thistel and cranberry extract 2 weeks before the d bol deca stack but my question to this board is the cyanocobalamin {b-12} i have 1000 mcg/ml 30 ml multiple dose vial can you tell me the effects and the doseage i should be taking with my stack i relly would like to know about the effects should i wait till next cycle to take it with my winstrol or shoot it know with my deca dbol . b -12 i know nothing please help
    426 in the 250 class blowin rocks and dirt at all the punk ass 2 strokes

i also forgot

the company tht makes this b -12 is american regent . can this be bought over the counter? i got it from my buddie that i get my gear from. is there any bad side effects from this.if not how much can i shoot a week
    dont get me wrong its not the bike its the rider thats why i ride a 2001 426 with some rage behind it

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    i take 3000mcgs every 2 weeks. it just helps with overall good health. it also increases appetite to a degree. some people swear by it , others dont. i like the stuff.

you cant get the injectable kind otc. the pill form is pretty much useless.

3000 mcgs

how do you break that down in shots .also what are the values of it what dose it help liver kidneys? i have not a clue. does it give you any size strength or any enegry. can too much hurt you can i keep taking after my cycle ends. is there any othes o.t.c. drugs that will help my joints because i have reconstructed right shoulder and both knees.it makes my work outs hard hopefully the deca will kick in pretty soon and help a littel for my joints thanx for the replys fellas
    i pull and push till my joints turn to ashes

TNT
    TNT is offline Retired Moderator

Cool Okay, here goes . . .

Okay, moto, you're about to get one my nifty clinical epistles. But before I answer your questions, sit back for a moment, be a man, and take your medicine . . . You deserve this one:

Arrrrrgggggggh! Yet another example of, "I have no idea what the fuck this is, but I already have it. So what is it, and how do I use it?"

Okay, moto, you can relax, but you deserved that one, bro. This is not the way to get into AS.

Now, cyanocobalimin is, quite simply, the injectable form of Vitamin B12. It absorbs and is metabolized/utilized more effectively than oral B12 (tablets), which are actually pretty useless for people who don't have enough B12 in their system. It has no significant AS value, which is why you will not even find it listed on the Drug Profiles section of this web site. It has no significant efect on liver or kidneys and will not ameliorate or correct any liver or kidney problems caused by AS. It will not add size or strength, but bigkev is right - it can help with overall good health. Thus, you can continue to use it apart from a cycle.

Medically, cyanocobalimin is used for patients who have low B12 levels, which can cause pernicious anemia and neuropathy (a pins and needles feeling, usually in the feet, legs, or hands), among other things. The usual dose is 1000 mcg once a month (yes, only one 1-cc injection per month). If you use more than you need, it will simply be excreted from your body. (Yes, that means that bigkev is shooting six times the recommended amount per month, but it hasn't killed him yet. But bigkev likes injections. )

American Regent is simply one of the more common generic brands of cyanocobalimin. The 30 cc vial retails for less than $4.00 at any drug store, so I'd be curious as to what you paid since you bought it from another source. (I have a prescription for it, so after reimbursement, mine costs only $0.76 per 30 cc vial). Thus, it's one of the most economical injectables out there, but if you use it according to the usual routine, you'll end up throwing some out (since it will last past its expiration date).

Water-based, it's intramuscular and generally injected in the delt with a 25 g. 1" needle in. American Regent cyanocobalimin is red in color, but you should still be able to see any blood (indicating that you have inserted the needle into a vein) when you aspirate the needle.

As for your question on timing, you can take it at any time - you don't have to wait until your next cycle, and it will have no negative impact on your current winny/deca cycle. If you're drinking the winny, it's irrelevant since you won't be drinking the cyanocobalin (it is always injected, and should be done using its own syringe/needle).

Some incidental pieces of trivia: If you are going to be doing it and you get lab work done, you should request a B12 test. The normal lab values for B12 are 200-1100 pg/ml. B12 deficiency often affects vegetarians, because the natural source of B12 is animal products. Those who have a B12 deficiency but are not vegetarians are probably getting enough B12 in their diets, but are not absorbing enough of it. So chances are that you probably have adequate B12 levels in your system already - in which case, taking more of it will neither help nor hurt you as long as you don't overdo it. In fact, some osteopathic physicians (those with a D.O., who are often more holistic than physicians with an M.D.) routinely administer a B12 shot if you go in with a cold or something minor, but that's not the usually clinical course since they are not testing your B12 levels beforehand - osteopaths simply believe that B12, like milk, does a body good.

So that's what it is, and that's how you use it.

As far as helping your joints, bigkev is right again - some people swear by glucosamine, which is available as an over-the-counter supplement. Even more popular are combination products containing both glucosamine and chondroitin. I believe that the success of these is mostly anecdotal in nature - you won't find much clinical support for their claims. A lot of the people who use these products are senior citizens with arthritis or lower back pain, and for them the picture is much the same as it is for AS users who get into cyanocobalimin. Some people rave about it, for others it's useless. It may help - or may not, and it probably won't hurt. Best bet: When you get a chance, ask your doctor - especially your orthopedist - what he or she thinks about the glucosamine products. My own take is that they're a bit expensive, and there's no guarantee of results. If you want to know more, go to Yahoo or any search engine and do a search on glucosamine - you'll find lots of articles, but keep in mind that they're mostly written to hype specific products.
    Last edited by TNT; 12-08-2001 at 02:09 AM.

that would be 3ml=3000mcgs. i feel it gives me a little more energy for a week or so. nothing in the way of strength increases though. and i dont think it will do anything for your joints either. glucosamine is otc and some people say it works well. the deca should work wonders for you though. it will not help your liver or kidneys. and it doesnt matter how much you take, your body can only utilize so much and it dispells the rest.

the cost ha ha

well i went to my doctor office and i stumbeld on 1 bottel of b-12 and a bottel of clen so i could not resist thats not my style to steal so i took it anyway

TNT

Cool Hmmmmmm . . .

Originally posted by moto
    well i went to my doctor office and i stumbeld on 1 bottel of b-12 and a bottel of clen so i could not resist thats not my style to steal so i took it anyway
    Well, I won't judge the stealing here (even though I'm a moral ethicist - hint, hint), but I suggest that you not ask your doctor how to use B12.

And consider yourself lucky. The only injectable that most doctors leave out on the table is xylocaine - a topical anesthetic similar to novacaine - and you wouldn't want to be shooting that one at all. But one never knows . . .

(Damn, now I bet that one day, we'll see a post on the board that says, "Hey, I just scored a vial of xylocaine! What is it, and how do I use it?")
    Last edited by TNT; 12-08-2001 at 02:12 AM.

for everyones info, tnt posted his reply while i was slowly pecking away at mine! so i have not lost my mind and tried to post behind tnt. bigkev is still humbled in tnt's presence!

TNT

Cool No sweat, bro . . .

Originally posted by bigkev
    for everyones info, tnt posted his reply while i was slowly pecking away at mine! so i have not lost my mind and tried to post behind tnt. bigkev is still humbled in tnt's presence!
    Hey, you did a good job at your responses. Besides, if that avatar is you, TNT is humbled by your bod - very impressive.

you are a very smart dude T, you get big respect from me.

fortunatly, my ava is me!

Tekto is offline Junior Member

Re: Okay, here goes . . .

Originally posted by TNT
    Okay, moto, you're about to get one my nifty clinical epistles. But before I answer your questions, sit back for a moment, be a man, and take your medicine . . . You deserve this one:

Arrrrrgggggggh! Yet another example of, "I have no idea what the fuck this is, but I already have it. So what is it, and how do I use it?"

Okay, moto, you can relax, but you deserved that one, bro. This is not the way to get into AS.

Now, cyanocobalimin is, quite simply, the injectable form of Vitamin B12. It absorbs and is metabolized/utilized more effectively than oral B12 (tablets), which are actually pretty useless for people who don't have enough B12 in their system. It has no significant AS value, which is why you will not even find it listed on the Drug Profiles section of this web site. It has no significant efect on liver or kidneys and will not ameliorate or correct any liver or kidney problems caused by AS. It will not add size or strength, but bigkev is right - it can help with overall good health. Thus, you can continue to use it apart from a cycle.

Medically, cyanocobalimin is used for patients who have low B12 levels, which can cause pernicious anemia and neuropathy (a pins and needles feeling, usually in the feet, legs, or hands), among other things. The usual dose is 1000 mcg once a month (yes, only one 1-cc injection per month). If you use more than you need, it will simply be excreted from your body. (Yes, that means that bigkev is shooting six times the recommended amount per month, but it hasn't killed him yet. But bigkev likes injections. )

American Regent is simply one of the more common generic brands of cyanocobalimin. The 30 cc vial retails for less than $4.00 at any drug store, so I'd be curious as to what you paid since you bought it from another source. (I have a prescription for it, so after reimbursement, mine costs only $0.76 per 30 cc vial). Thus, it's one of the most economical injectables out there, but if you use it according to the usual routine, you'll end up throwing some out (since it will last past its expiration date).

Water-based, it's intramuscular and generally injected in the delt with a 25 g. 1" needle in. American Regent cyanocobalimin is red in color, but you should still be able to see any blood (indicating that you have inserted the needle into a vein) when you aspirate the needle.

As for your question on timing, you can take it at any time - you don't have to wait until your next cycle, and it will have no negative impact on your current winny/deca cycle. If you're drinking the winny, it's irrelevant since you won't be drinking the cyanocobalin (it is always injected, and should be done using its own syringe/needle).

Some incidental pieces of trivia: If you are going to be doing it and you get lab work done, you should request a B12 test. The normal lab values for B12 are 200-1100 pg/ml. B12 deficiency often affects vegetarians, because the natural source of B12 is animal products. Those who have a B12 deficiency but are not vegetarians are probably getting enough B12 in their diets, but are not absorbing enough of it. So chances are that you probably have adequate B12 levels in your system already - in which case, taking more of it will neither help nor hurt you as long as you don't overdo it. In fact, some osteopathic physicians (those with a D.O., who are often more holistic than physicians with an M.D.) routinely administer a B12 shot if you go in with a cold or something minor, but that's not the usually clinical course since they are not testing your B12 levels beforehand - osteopaths simply believe that B12, like milk, does a body good.

So that's what it is, and that's how you use it.

As far as helping your joints, bigkev is right again - some people swear by glucosamine, which is available as an over-the-counter supplement. Even more popular are combination products containing both glucosamine and chondroitin. I believe that the success of these is mostly anecdotal in nature - you won't find much clinical support for their claims. A lot of the people who use these products are senior citizens with arthritis or lower back pain, and for them the picture is much the same as it is for AS users who get into cyanocobalimin. Some people rave about it, for others it's useless. It may help - or may not, and it probably won't hurt. Best bet: When you get a chance, ask your doctor - especially your orthopedist - what he or she thinks about the glucosamine products. My own take is that they're a bit expensive, and there's no guarantee of results. If you want to know more, go to Yahoo or any search engine and do a search on glucosamine - you'll find lots of articles, but keep in mind that they're mostly written to hype specific products.
    First I want to thank you for the info you have posted regarding vitamin b-12. I was searching in the web for information about the dosage and I haven't find one source of information that advice the user to take 1,000 mcg monthly. They usually said that the usual dose is 1,000 mcg per day (for anemia patients) or 1,000 mcg every 3 days or so for anyone that is deficient. So I can assume that we can take it ever 3 days. Bro, what can u said on this? Im very confused now...can u bring me some evidence that proves that taking 1,000 mcg monthly is the correct way? Thanks in advance.

Bump for answers please

Shredz is offline Respected Member

Re: Re: Okay, here goes . . .

Originally posted by Tekto

First I want to thank you for the info you have posted regarding vitamin b-12. I was searching in the web for information about the dosage and I haven't find one source of information that advice the user to take 1,000 mcg monthly. They usually said that the usual dose is 1,000 mcg per day (for anemia patients) or 1,000 mcg every 3 days or so for anyone that is deficient. So I can assume that we can take it ever 3 days. Bro, what can u said on this? Im very confused now...can u bring me some evidence that proves that taking 1,000 mcg monthly is the correct way? Thanks in advance.
    It says "1000mcg's/month" right on the bottle that I have. That is good enough for me. Obviously things are going to change depending if you are B12 deficient. That is why it also says "or as perscribed by physician."

Re: Re: Re: Okay, here goes . . .

Originally posted by Shredz

It says "1000mcg's/month" right on the bottle that I have. That is good enough for me. Obviously things are going to change depending if you are B12 deficient. That is why it also says "or as perscribed by physician."
    Thanks for ur opinion

systemx is offline New Member
    Has anyone used Vedco at 1000mcg/ml and 100 ml at 6 dollars a bottle?

systemx is offline New Member
    Bump

husun is offline Junior Member
    What about sublingual b12 tabs? They should be almost as effective as the shot? each tab is 1000mcg. Would one a day be to much?

popa is offline Senior Member
    injectable is much better then the tabs

calidude is offline Senior Member

Re: the cost ha ha

Originally posted by moto
    How did you steal a bottle of Clen i didn't think it was legal anywhere in the U.S.

darmadoc is offline Member
    2 issues here:

1. B12 is of essentially no value to people who are not deficient. It is a vitamin which is used in a slew of intracellular reactions. Deficiency leads to problems with white and red blood cell production as well as a number of neurological problems. It is almost unheard of to find someone in a young age group who is B12 deficient. The reason is that B12 is in almost all animal products and is easily absorbed. So, who gets deficient. Vegetarians (like me) if they don't take a vitamin containing it. Also, people with a condition called pernicious anemia. They lack a factor made in the stomache which is required for B12 absorption. Thus, oral B12 is no good to them. They need injections, anyone else can get adequate levels orally. So why do doctors give shots to so many people? It is red and looks like a shot of it should make people feel better. It is relatively harmless, and you can bill for it! So, if you want to take it, knock yourself out (not literally). Don't expect much beyond a placebo effect. A good dose is 1000 micrograms per month. Take it every two weeks if you want to. It won't hurt you.

2. As to the issue of glucosamine, there are a number of (admitedy small) studies that show 1500mg or so daily to have efficacy against osteo arthritis. It probably works as an anti-oxidant. The chondroitin is minimally absorbed and has little or any effect. I doubt glucosamine has been studied in weightlifters, but its use seems reasonable. Again it does not seem to be harmful at all.

In conclusion, B12- who the hell knows. Glucosamine-probably works.

Thread Information