monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin

How many of the bros here on AR compete in fighting tourneys (any type)?

just curious as to how many of our bros here at AR fight competitively. Also- whats a good way to start that? I have been in a few fights because i am a moron who refuses to back down when challenged (i honestly never start fights) and i have not lost a real one on one fistfight in my life. well, except for my huge psychotic dad kicking my ass. but the point is, i so like the adrenaline rush that accompanies a fight... so how would one go about getting information on that?

thanks guys for satisfying my curiousity.

Madmax is offline Senior Member
    just a few fights...there's always going to be someone out there that will beat you...wether you run into that person or not is just luck...i started training in 5th grade...my father taught karate for 25 years...the best way to go about it is to call up your local boxing and kick boxing studios and ask if they have orgainzed tournaments or know of anyone who does......Madmax...

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Stop going to playgrounds and beat up little kids bro

You just want to box or grapple also?

ironfist is offline Elite Hall Of Fame ~ RIP ~
    20 or so amatuer boxing matches
    3 grappling tournaments
    4 pancrease matches
    No NHB matches yet but hopefully soon...

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    bump for more responses- thanks for the info guys... hey TAPOUT, i your thread about your 1st place finish, impressive man... how did you get started?

palme- i want to grapple also, i do not like the idea of something as structured as a boxing match.
    Last edited by monstercojones; 12-26-2002 at 06:17 PM.

Ammar is offline Senior Member
    I just got asked to join a Fighting Team here in the Detriot Area actually. They invited me down to their gym and what not but I havent had the chance to go down there. If I was you, I would call up some local kickboxing or other sort of fight training centers and ask if they compete in tournaments. Good Luck Bro.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I've only had to beat up one fellow in my life--the school yard bully in 4th grade. Don't remember too much about it except for my hands on his coat lapels and me swinging him around with his feet off the ground, and letting him fly into the basketball pole.

I have been in lots of vigorous debates/shouting matches, usually over religion, but a few times over safety issues where I used to work in a semiconductor factory. Funny thing is, that one physical confrontation was much more productive than all of the other ones combined . . .

BossDJ02 is offline Junior Member
    i compete in martial arts tournaments and a few mexican full contact events. mostly in southern cali and mex.

kaiman1 is offline New Member
    MMA for "HooknShoot" 2-1
    7-0-6 ko's, am. kickboxing
    A mess load of submission grappling events, gi and no-gi

The best way is to get involved in the sport and train. If you don't you going to get throttled against well rounded fighters. I would find a good club that teaches all aspects of the game / stand-up, submissions, and take downs. Next, I would look up event web sites such as Fightworld.com, which is basically hooknshoot's web site, there you can find event links as well as contact one of the promoters of hooknshoot. Hope this helps. Peace

Thread Information